Now that you have made an investment in a quality set of tires, it’s important to take every step to protect your investment. Surely you want to get the most out of your new tires and enjoy them for several years ahead. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has the following tips to offer in order to extend both the life expectancy and performance of your tires and keep them in the best shape possible for the longest period of time.
After checking out all the specifications, looking into performance ratings, and warranties and finally choosing your new tires, ensuring that they remain in the best of shape for the longest time is your must do next step. Here are some practical and very important tips to accomplish just that:
- Proper inflation – Be sure to check your tire inflation regularly. You should do this when the tires are cool and use a tire pressure gauge for your best results. Tires that are inflated inappropriately will cause a good deal of strain and wear on your new tires which results in a shortened lifespan and poor performance.
- Proper tire rotation – Be sure to rotate your new tires whenever you have an oil change in order to prevent uneven wear on the tires and also promote a smoother, better ride.
- Proper tire balance – When your tires are balanced, your ride is much smoother and the wear on the new tires is minimized. Be sure to have them balanced at the same time you schedule your tire rotation.
- Proper tire alignment – Proper tire alignment maximizes your tire treads, enhances their performance and helps your tires wear evenly, all of which are essential to your drive.
- Proper care of your tires – Just as you would clean the rest of your vehicle, it is important to keep your tires clean and keep them free of debris. You should also give focus to your tire rims, valves and hubcaps as well. Also ensure that your valve caps are on and have no cracks that can ultimately result in leaks.
- Vehicle parking – Most people do not realize that when your car is parked on hot asphalt during the hot months this can cause heat damage to your tires. On the flip side of that, in extreme cold, parking on dirt or gravel roads can cause warping and damage to your tires as well. Finally, if you do not drive your care for a long period of time, this immobility and long-term parking can break down tires and even destroy them.
- Weightbearing – Whenever you change the weight in your vehicle you cause extra strain on your tires. Be certain that anything you are towing or are putting into your truck or the rear of your vehicle is within the weight limits of your tires and your vehicle. Staying within those weight limits will prevent any flats, tire blow outs or other damage.
- Pay attention to your own driving habits – If you typically perform excessive braking, acceleration or frequent stop and go traffic, these will all affect the wear of your tires. Also, when driving pay close attention to speed bumps, curbs, road debris and pot holes since each can damage your tires and your sidewalls.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance – Be sure to keep up with your seasonal maintenance and regularly scheduled maintenance in order to enhance the health and performance of your tires.
Everybody tries to put off, as long as possible, purchasing new tires. However, when you do finally make that investment you want to be certain to properly maintain them and enjoy your tires for several years. Whether winter, spring, summer or fall it is always important to take proper care of your tires to ensure not only extended performance but the safety of yourself and all your passengers. Take time out today to schedule your routine vehicle maintenance with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin and make certain to include your seasonal check of your tires as well. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round automotive services this side of Franklin.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to ensure that our clients take ideal care of their vehicles. The best way to avoid any long term costly problems with your vehicle is simply to keep on track with its preventative automotive maintenance schedule. Routine maintenance is vital to the overall performance of your vehicle as well as to its life expectancy. Engaging in routine maintenance provides for optimal driving capabilities and prevents serious automotive issues that can certainly be difficult on your pocketbook. To ensure that you are providing all the necessary routine maintenance for your vehicle, be sure to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual and more specifically with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
It doesn’t matter what type of vehicle you own or the year, make or model of the vehicle, it is critical to perform regular maintenance and put a routine schedule in place. That’s where our highly skilled and trained staff and certified technicians comes in. When servicing your vehicle, we will keep adequate records of all services and repairs performed in our efforts to assist you in maintaining accurate routine maintenance records as needed. Though your owner’s manual presents with the ideal preventative automotive maintenance schedule many car owners find it much easier and comforting to simply consult with our friendly professionals. We will keep you apprised of services needed from changing your oil and filters and replacing driving and timing belts to topping off fluids and replacing brake pads to name a few of our routine services.
Preventative Maintenance Tasks
Our technician specialists are on hand to keep your vehicle in tip top shape by performing necessary maintenance tasks. Some of the typical preventative automotive maintenance services and automotive repairs we provide include the following:
- Inspecting and replacing timing and serpentine belts
- Checking, repairing and replacing batteries and battery connection components
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters as well as engine air filters
- Checking, adjusting and replacing spark plugs and wires
- Tire replacement, rotation and balancing
- Wheel alignments
In addition, we provide full vehicle inspections and diagnostic services on all makes and models and are equipped to handle windshield repairs and replacement as well. We are truly a full service automotive repair center that affords our clients the best in preventative automotive maintenance services this side of Franklin. Our highly skilled and trained technicians stand ready to serve you with your every need. There is truly no repair or service project that is too big or too small for our team. With our high level of commitment and dedication, our team remains steadfast in providing superior products and services to all our valued clients.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin you are our #1 priority which is why we have been billed often as your ‘go to’ place for all your automotive repair and maintenance needs. If you are in need of premier automotive repairs, services, or preventative automotive maintenance then we are the team for you. Take time out now to contact our staff and schedule an appointment today. Spring is here and summer is right around the corner which means that many people will be preparing to do a whole lot of driving and traveling. With that said, we want to ensure the overall functionality of your vehicle and the safety of your family during all those travels.
For more information on the services we provide take a browse through the rest of our website and then give a shout out and schedule your repair or preventative automotive maintenance service appointment today. Don’t delay. Summer is almost here so give our team a call today!!
We all certainly enjoy the freedom of driving the open roads, whether through deserts, grasslands, mountains, highways or forests. However, often times when driving we pass through the homes of many of nature’s most beautiful animals who, many times, wander out into the roads and sometimes at the most inopportune times of all. With that said, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share with our valued clients some important safe driving tips when encountering our friendly innocent neighbors.
- Start by always paying attention. Although we all typically pay attention when we are driving, there are times when we are looking at something other than the road especially in today’s crazy world of technology. Though you may be driving along on what appears to be a quiet, serene roadway, keep in mind that this false sense of security can be quickly interrupted should an innocent animal wander onto the roadway in just a moment’s time. Animals often appear out of nowhere at all and take us by surprise, so keep your eyes on the road and stay alert at all times.
- Slow down your speed. Especially after dark, it is a good rule of thumb to keep your travel speed below 70 mph. This allows you to be able to react quickly if need be should any obstacle makes its way into your path. During the daylight hours you should always slow down your speed in areas where there are known habitats or wherever animal crossings are posted. Though you may feel as though slowing your speed is wasting your time, the flip side of that scenario, the time and money it would cost if you collided with an unsuspecting animal would be far greater than your mere loss of a few moments time.
- Be certain you have clear night sight. If you are going to be traveling at night it is always best to ensure that your windshield is clear and clean. You should also use your high beams when traveling at night when there are no vehicles oncoming and keep a close watch for the reflection of glowing animal eyes. Be certain to give extra focus and attention at dawn and dusk since visibility is often compromised at these times of the day and various wildlife tend to be more out and about at these times as well.
- If you find yourself unable to avoid hitting an animal, you should remain in your travel lane and hold your brake pedal to the floor. This will help to stop your vehicle quickly and maintain steering control. Blasting your horn can alert the animal and allow them to run out of harm’s way. You should not try to swerve to avoid the animal since this can many times lead to a much more dangerous collision with another vehicle. Though none of us want to cause harm to nature’s beautiful animals, it is your #1 priority to save your own life and the lives of those passengers in your vehicle first.
We are all lucky to be able to share our roads with many of nature’s animals, both big and small. If you engage in a bit of preparedness and stay alert and focused, then surely we can safely get to our every destination while preserving the lives of precious wildlife.
The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin take tremendous pride in providing top of the line services to all our valued clients. If you are in need of auto repairs or maintenance services, then we are the team for you. Simply give a call out to our team today and schedule your appointment. We hope you found our safe driving tips useful and look forward to serving you with all your automotive maintenance and repair needs.
In years past it was typical for car owners to always work on their own cars. Though there are still many individuals who do maintain their own vehicles, the complex design and build of cars today presents with repairs that are truly best left to the professionals. Car maintenance tasks range from the simplest to the most complex, which is why the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to offer our clients insight on those repairs best left to the professionals.
Rather Than Try These At Home – Trust Them to the Professionals
- Check engine diagnostics – Though there are several gadgets on the market today that allow us to communicate with our car’s computer, dealing with a check engine light is not an easy task to perform. Many check engine light codes require innovative equipment in order to fully identify and analyze the problem. With that said, it’s best to leave the check engine light problems to the pros who can read the codes accurately, decipher the codes efficiently and not only get to the true source of the problem, but provide effective solutions as well.
- Air conditioning maintenance and fill up – Many people are of the mindset that should they have issues with their car’s air conditioning they simply need to invest in a can of Freon from their local store and pump it into their AC system. However, this is surely not the case. If your AC needs Freon, then there is, without a doubt, a leak somewhere. Your AC system is a sealed system so if you are fresh out of Freon, you have a leak. By filling your system, you are not solving the problem at hand, but merely presenting with a temporary solution. Trust the pros to identify and solve your AC issues.
- Rotating your tires – It’s not difficult to jack up a car and swap your tires from front to back, and left to right. However, when performing a tire rotation, it is important to rebalance the tires as well. In addition, inspecting the tires for sidewall and tread damage and uneven wear is essential to the process. Though you may be able to actually rotate your tires, it takes a trained professional coupled with some expensive equipment to perform the task at peak levels. Why take a chance of driving about on unsafe tires that are not balanced when this inexpensive car maintenance task can be properly handled by the professionals.
- Internal engine repairs – With today’s newer cars and engines, there are a range of new features including electronics, multiple cams, fuel injection and a plethora of other high tech features that make them a whole lot more complex than cars in years past. For this reason, we highly recommend you leave your car engine repairs to our professionals.
- Suspension repairs – Your suspension certainly plays a significant role in the safety of your car. If you attempt to install new parts and components on your own you are apt to tamper with the alignment specs of the vehicle. When this occurs, your vehicle becomes a bit of a safety hazard and directly affects your tires. To increase the lifespan of your tires and for your overall safety, it’s best to leave the upgrade or repair of your car’s suspension to the pros.
With all the local automotive stores today, car owners certainly have access to nearly every automotive part out there. With that said, buying and installing your own windshield wiper blades, a headlight bulb, or other smaller repair items is perfectly fine for the guy or gal that labels themselves an automotive do-it-yourselfer. However, with the more complex issues, it is best to trust in the careful, experienced hands of your friendly automotive professional.
If you find yourself in need of automotive repairs or services, then surely you have come to the right place. The highly skilled and trained technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to serve you with all your automotive needs. Go ahead and take care of all those minor car maintenance tasks yourself, but leave the bigger problems to us. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best automotive services this side of Tennessee.
As most of us know, your car’s fuel pump has one primary function – to move fuel from your gas tank to your vehicle’s engine. For this very reason, this automotive component is a vital part of the overall operation of your vehicle. With that said, should any type of mechanical malfunction or damage occur to your fuel pump you can be looking at some very serious automotive problems.
The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to provide you with insight needed to recognize and understand early on the warning signs that may be directly associated with a malfunctioning fuel pump. Once you have a pretty good understanding of the warning signs we strongly suggest, should you experience any of them, you immediately reach out to our certified team to perform an inspection and analysis of your vehicle. Should we find that your fuel pump is, in fat, malfunctioning or damaged, then we will replace this integral component before it experiences a complete malfunction or contributes to other critical mechanical issues in time. Here are some of the most obvious warning signs affiliated with a fuel pump malfunction or problem.
- Your engine will not start – This is one of the most obvious warning signs of a malfunctioning or damaged fuel pump. A faulty pump cannot transfer enough fuel from the tank to the engine which ultimately results in repeated efforts and cranking to get the engine started.
- A stuttering engine – When driving your vehicle if you notice that your engine is consistently stuttering or jolting, this is a clear indication that your fuel pump is not working properly. The stuttering or jolting occurs because the pump is unable to push a sufficient amount of fuel to your vehicle’s engine and, therefore, is unable to maintain a specific speed.
- Minimized fuel efficiency – When your pump is not working effectively, either insufficient amounts of fuel or excessive amounts are being supplied to the engine causing fuel inefficiency. If you do not address the problem up front, over time you will find that your engine will be burning off more fuel than is necessary as it struggles to operate according to its design and purpose.
- Your engine surges – If, while driving, you notice sudden speed increases or surges this is because the fuel pump is pushing too much gasoline to the engine. If this process continues you may find yourself faced with a flooded engine which will cause your vehicle to completely stall out without any additional warning.
- You hear unfamiliar high-pitched noises – When you are driving along, if you happen to notice an annoying high-pitched sound coming from your engine, then chances are your fuel pump is to blame. More times than not these loud noises are indicators that the components within the pump have suffered excessive wear. Keep in mind, that if you are hearing loud screeching sounds now, if you do not address them immediately, you will pretty much find yourself faced with a more serious mechanical problem over time.
Though there are a number of issues that could be the cause of your vehicle’s poor performance, if you recognize any of the above warning signs, there is a good chance your fuel pump is the primary culprit for the problems at hand. Be smart, be wise. Should you notice any of these warning signs, don’t delay. Contact the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to perform an inspection and analysis of your fuel pump and to provide you with effective solutions to your problem.
Our team of highly skilled and trained mechanics is on hand to answer your questions and offer information and insight as needed. We are more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have about your vehicle’s fuel pump or any other automotive issues you may be experiencing as well. Feel free to contact our professionals today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with our top-rated products and services year after year.
In a world that offers so many exciting and innovative devices to own, often times we forget about the simple but important investments we should typically make. Investing in new tires for your vehicle is certainly one of these often forgotten about necessities in life. Though new tires are not as appealing or exciting as a new inground pool, a diamond ring, or a top of the line laptop computer, the benefits and value of your new tires offer so much more. Read More
With rising costs in the economy and most assuredly the increase in gasoline prices, we are all on the lookout for ways to improve our vehicle gas mileage. It goes without saying that driving less would certainly reduce the amount of gas used, but is this really a true option? We all have a desperate need for our vehicles every day and surely we all have the need to drive. With that said, buying gas is essential to getting us where we need to go day in and day out. There are, however, a number of ways for increasing gas mileage, which is why we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin have put together these useful tips.
Are you determined to spend less money on gas and still get to where you need to go each day? Well then, these practical tips can help you accomplish just that. Read More
So, you are driving along and all of a sudden you hear this very unfamiliar, but noticeable noise coming from your vehicle. Whether a clunking sound, a loud clank, a squeal or a whistle, don’t dismiss it and just keep on keeping on. It is important to identify the source of the sound in order to determine what the source of the problem is. With that said, the friendly staff here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has put together these helpful tips to help you identify that strange noise and know when it’s time to head on over to your mechanic or when a noise is much less urgent. Read More
Winter is here and everyone of us dons our winter coats, turns on the heat, starts up the fireplace or lights the wood burning stove in preparation of the winter woes ahead. But all too often we forget to prepare our vehicles for the winter weather. There are a few important things we should do to get our vehicles ready for the winter season and surely one of them is to install snow tires. Snow tires help ensure our safety and well-being when driving the roads and highways covered with snow, ice and other winter elements. The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to help all our valued clients understand the when and the why of installing snow tires. With that said, here are some important facts to know. Read More
If you are like so many other car owners, you find yourself confused and perplexed by the variety of dashboard repair lights that come on from time to time. We all share that same initial reaction. OMG what is that light, what’s the problem and how much is it going to cost me to fix it? You definitely are not alone with these thoughts and fears. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take this opportunity to acquaint all our valued clients with the meaning behind those frustrating dashboard repair lights. Some are ever so trivial, where others can certainly be a preliminary warning that a costly repair is on its way. For this reason, we want you to understand full well what your car’s computer is trying to say to you. Read More