In years past it was typical for car owners to always work on their own cars. Though there are still many individuals who do maintain their own vehicles, the complex design and build of cars today presents with repairs that are truly best left to the professionals. Car maintenance tasks range from the simplest to the most complex, which is why the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to offer our clients insight on those repairs best left to the professionals.
Rather Than Try These At Home – Trust Them to the Professionals
- Check engine diagnostics – Though there are several gadgets on the market today that allow us to communicate with our car’s computer, dealing with a check engine light is not an easy task to perform. Many check engine light codes require innovative equipment in order to fully identify and analyze the problem. With that said, it’s best to leave the check engine light problems to the pros who can read the codes accurately, decipher the codes efficiently and not only get to the true source of the problem, but provide effective solutions as well.
- Air conditioning maintenance and fill up – Many people are of the mindset that should they have issues with their car’s air conditioning they simply need to invest in a can of Freon from their local store and pump it into their AC system. However, this is surely not the case. If your AC needs Freon, then there is, without a doubt, a leak somewhere. Your AC system is a sealed system so if you are fresh out of Freon, you have a leak. By filling your system, you are not solving the problem at hand, but merely presenting with a temporary solution. Trust the pros to identify and solve your AC issues.
- Rotating your tires – It’s not difficult to jack up a car and swap your tires from front to back, and left to right. However, when performing a tire rotation, it is important to rebalance the tires as well. In addition, inspecting the tires for sidewall and tread damage and uneven wear is essential to the process. Though you may be able to actually rotate your tires, it takes a trained professional coupled with some expensive equipment to perform the task at peak levels. Why take a chance of driving about on unsafe tires that are not balanced when this inexpensive car maintenance task can be properly handled by the professionals.
- Internal engine repairs – With today’s newer cars and engines, there are a range of new features including electronics, multiple cams, fuel injection and a plethora of other high tech features that make them a whole lot more complex than cars in years past. For this reason, we highly recommend you leave your car engine repairs to our professionals.
- Suspension repairs – Your suspension certainly plays a significant role in the safety of your car. If you attempt to install new parts and components on your own you are apt to tamper with the alignment specs of the vehicle. When this occurs, your vehicle becomes a bit of a safety hazard and directly affects your tires. To increase the lifespan of your tires and for your overall safety, it’s best to leave the upgrade or repair of your car’s suspension to the pros.
With all the local automotive stores today, car owners certainly have access to nearly every automotive part out there. With that said, buying and installing your own windshield wiper blades, a headlight bulb, or other smaller repair items is perfectly fine for the guy or gal that labels themselves an automotive do-it-yourselfer. However, with the more complex issues, it is best to trust in the careful, experienced hands of your friendly automotive professional.
If you find yourself in need of automotive repairs or services, then surely you have come to the right place. The highly skilled and trained technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to serve you with all your automotive needs. Go ahead and take care of all those minor car maintenance tasks yourself, but leave the bigger problems to us. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best automotive services this side of Tennessee.
As most of us know, your car’s fuel pump has one primary function – to move fuel from your gas tank to your vehicle’s engine. For this very reason, this automotive component is a vital part of the overall operation of your vehicle. With that said, should any type of mechanical malfunction or damage occur to your fuel pump you can be looking at some very serious automotive problems.
The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to provide you with insight needed to recognize and understand early on the warning signs that may be directly associated with a malfunctioning fuel pump. Once you have a pretty good understanding of the warning signs we strongly suggest, should you experience any of them, you immediately reach out to our certified team to perform an inspection and analysis of your vehicle. Should we find that your fuel pump is, in fat, malfunctioning or damaged, then we will replace this integral component before it experiences a complete malfunction or contributes to other critical mechanical issues in time. Here are some of the most obvious warning signs affiliated with a fuel pump malfunction or problem.
- Your engine will not start – This is one of the most obvious warning signs of a malfunctioning or damaged fuel pump. A faulty pump cannot transfer enough fuel from the tank to the engine which ultimately results in repeated efforts and cranking to get the engine started.
- A stuttering engine – When driving your vehicle if you notice that your engine is consistently stuttering or jolting, this is a clear indication that your fuel pump is not working properly. The stuttering or jolting occurs because the pump is unable to push a sufficient amount of fuel to your vehicle’s engine and, therefore, is unable to maintain a specific speed.
- Minimized fuel efficiency – When your pump is not working effectively, either insufficient amounts of fuel or excessive amounts are being supplied to the engine causing fuel inefficiency. If you do not address the problem up front, over time you will find that your engine will be burning off more fuel than is necessary as it struggles to operate according to its design and purpose.
- Your engine surges – If, while driving, you notice sudden speed increases or surges this is because the fuel pump is pushing too much gasoline to the engine. If this process continues you may find yourself faced with a flooded engine which will cause your vehicle to completely stall out without any additional warning.
- You hear unfamiliar high-pitched noises – When you are driving along, if you happen to notice an annoying high-pitched sound coming from your engine, then chances are your fuel pump is to blame. More times than not these loud noises are indicators that the components within the pump have suffered excessive wear. Keep in mind, that if you are hearing loud screeching sounds now, if you do not address them immediately, you will pretty much find yourself faced with a more serious mechanical problem over time.
Though there are a number of issues that could be the cause of your vehicle’s poor performance, if you recognize any of the above warning signs, there is a good chance your fuel pump is the primary culprit for the problems at hand. Be smart, be wise. Should you notice any of these warning signs, don’t delay. Contact the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to perform an inspection and analysis of your fuel pump and to provide you with effective solutions to your problem.
Our team of highly skilled and trained mechanics is on hand to answer your questions and offer information and insight as needed. We are more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have about your vehicle’s fuel pump or any other automotive issues you may be experiencing as well. Feel free to contact our professionals today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with our top-rated products and services year after year.
In a world that offers so many exciting and innovative devices to own, often times we forget about the simple but important investments we should typically make. Investing in new tires for your vehicle is certainly one of these often forgotten about necessities in life. Though new tires are not as appealing or exciting as a new inground pool, a diamond ring, or a top of the line laptop computer, the benefits and value of your new tires offer so much more. Read More
With rising costs in the economy and most assuredly the increase in gasoline prices, we are all on the lookout for ways to improve our vehicle gas mileage. It goes without saying that driving less would certainly reduce the amount of gas used, but is this really a true option? We all have a desperate need for our vehicles every day and surely we all have the need to drive. With that said, buying gas is essential to getting us where we need to go day in and day out. There are, however, a number of ways for increasing gas mileage, which is why we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin have put together these useful tips.
Are you determined to spend less money on gas and still get to where you need to go each day? Well then, these practical tips can help you accomplish just that. Read More
So, you are driving along and all of a sudden you hear this very unfamiliar, but noticeable noise coming from your vehicle. Whether a clunking sound, a loud clank, a squeal or a whistle, don’t dismiss it and just keep on keeping on. It is important to identify the source of the sound in order to determine what the source of the problem is. With that said, the friendly staff here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has put together these helpful tips to help you identify that strange noise and know when it’s time to head on over to your mechanic or when a noise is much less urgent. Read More
Winter is here and everyone of us dons our winter coats, turns on the heat, starts up the fireplace or lights the wood burning stove in preparation of the winter woes ahead. But all too often we forget to prepare our vehicles for the winter weather. There are a few important things we should do to get our vehicles ready for the winter season and surely one of them is to install snow tires. Snow tires help ensure our safety and well-being when driving the roads and highways covered with snow, ice and other winter elements. The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to help all our valued clients understand the when and the why of installing snow tires. With that said, here are some important facts to know. Read More
If you are like so many other car owners, you find yourself confused and perplexed by the variety of dashboard repair lights that come on from time to time. We all share that same initial reaction. OMG what is that light, what’s the problem and how much is it going to cost me to fix it? You definitely are not alone with these thoughts and fears. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take this opportunity to acquaint all our valued clients with the meaning behind those frustrating dashboard repair lights. Some are ever so trivial, where others can certainly be a preliminary warning that a costly repair is on its way. For this reason, we want you to understand full well what your car’s computer is trying to say to you. Read More
Winter is surely in full bloom, which means slippery, even dangerous driving conditions can occur at any time. From frigid temperatures and ice, to sleet and snowy conditions, driving in the winter months can certainly present a fair share of challenges. With that said, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to provide all our valued clients with some important tips and insight on safe winter driving.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are all about our clients. You are our number one priority, which is why, in addition to our top notch automotive products and services, we stand behind our superior customer service. As part of our strategy for providing superior customer service, we like to take time out to acquaint our clients with little bits of advice on safety as well as industry news. We certainly put the well-being, happiness and overall safety of our clients first. With that in mind, we thought it useful to pass along these helpful tips for safe winter driving. Read More
The average driver, regardless of age and years of driving experience, is often unaware of the overall condition of their driving brakes. Without automotive knowledge, it is quite understandable how drivers can put themselves in danger without really being aware. Since the indications that your brakes are coming to the end of their life expectancy can vary, it can be difficult for the average Joe to recognize such signs. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we take tremendous pride in our top of the line Franklin auto repair services and the safety of our many valued clients. With that said we thought it useful to provide you with some insight on when to install new brakes.
It’s true that the greater percentage of drivers are completely unaware of the signs that indicate new brakes are needed. In today’s world, there are an enormous number of automotive shops and repair facilities for individuals to choose from. Because of the extensive facilities, it can be a rather confusing and frustrating challenge to find the ideal Franklin auto repair shop for all your brakes and other automotive needs. Read More
We all know how challenging winter driving can be with slippery conditions, snow, ice and other winter related elements. Being aware of your surroundings when driving this winter and knowing what precautions to take will certainly help minimize any winter vehicle accidents. The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are committed to providing superior services to all our valued clients and that includes these helpful winter driving tips. Our highly skilled and professional team wants to ensure that you are prepared for all types of winter driving conditions this season. Read More