The professionals with the Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind everyone that this Tennessee summer is going to be a hot one. This means leaving children and dogs in the vehicle alone for any period of time is something that should never be done. This should be an announcement that shouldn’t have to be made, but when it comes to seeing a Franklin vehicle this summer with a child or dog inside it, those that notice it should take action.
Please, Always Remember:
- When the temperatures outside are hot, the temperatures inside a car are twice as hot.
- Even if you crack the windows in the Franklin vehicle, it will still get hot inside the car
- Even if you’re gone for just a few minutes, this can still be overwhelming for the child or dog
- Dogs have heavier coats, so the twice as hot temperatures in the car are double this
- Children can have a hard time breathing when temperatures are too hot, even outside in the open air
If You See a Child or Dog Inside a Hot Franklin Vehicle:
- Contact the local authorities as soon as possible
- Check to see if the vehicle is unlocked
- If locked, break through a window to reach the dog or child that is trapped inside the vehicle
- Make sure to take a picture of the license plate, the animal or kid in the car and any other important information prior to breaking into the vehicle
- Attempt to do all of this while on the phone with the local authorities, so they know the situation
When it comes to the safety and well being of both children and pets, it is essential that these few moments are critical, crucial ones. You need to act with your best judgement when the time comes, since it would only take a few minutes for something horrible to happen to either one that is locked in a hot Franklin vehicle.
Remember, stop by the Auto Clinic of Franklin to obtain your maintenance, vehicle tests and other repairs or replacements. We care about the people in Franklin and want to make sure children and pets are not left in hot Franklin vehicles unattended as the heat starts to soar.
Changing a spare tire is an important thing to know. If something ever happens to your tire as you’re driving down the road, then you need to know how to take that tire off and put on your spare. This is what is going to get you to your destination. It will take just a few minutes to read through the information, and just around ten to change out the old one for the new.
The Steps for Changing Out a Spare Tire
- Find a safe place to pull over and park. You do not want to be in the middle of the highway, and also have enough room to change out the tire on your own. Make sure to set your parking brake.
- Turn on those yellow hazard lights. This will give other motorists safe warning of you being there. You do not want to get harmed by someone not seeing you, especially if it is night time.
- Use your wrench to loosen the lug nuts all the way around the tire. You do not need to remove them completely, but loosening them and removing the hubcap is necessary.
- Use your jack to lift the vehicle completely off the ground before doing anything. Always make sure there is a stand and the jack is locked before doing anything further.
- Remove the lug nuts completely and take the tire off the vehicle.
- Place the spare tire onto the car and line up the posts and holes for the lug nuts.
- Put on the lug nuts around the entire wheel. Make sure they’re tightened completely.
- Bring the back of the vehicle down off the ground and double check your lug nights to ensure they’re tight once again.
- Put the flat tire, tools and anything else you’re done with back in the trunk of the vehicle.
- Make sure to glide off slowly, pay attention to traffic when getting back on the road.
It is always a good idea to check the condition of the tires before heading out, especially on a long trip. You want to ensure that you do not go anywhere if the tires have little to no air, poor tread, rips, tears or anything that is out of the ordinary.
Make sure you have all of the tools that are needed for the tire change, including a high quality spare tire. You want to be prepared if something like this happens, and without the tools or a spare that is usable, you will find yourself with a dilemma.
Make sure to practice! Practice makes perfect!
While, some people may have roadside assistance of one form or another, it is still a good idea to learn how to change out that old tire for a new one. It might just save your life one day to have this information. Of course, when you need to get a new set of wheels, make sure to speak with us here at the Auto Clinic of Franklin. We can get you driving on a set of high quality wheels, so this is something you shouldn’t have to worry about.
When spring rolls around, you want to ensure that you’re covered from start to finish. This means being able to find exactly what it is that you need to have fixed on your vehicle. You want to go over everything, get a thorough check up, tune up and inspection to make sure you’re road worthy. Are you ready to check out each of these areas for your spring maintenance?
Your Spring Maintenance Check List
Wiper Blades and Tires
When the spring rolls around, so does the rain. When you’re driving around, you want to ensure that you have traction and that you can see where you’re going. Without high quality wiper blades, and a new set of tires, the ride might get a bit scary.
Wash and Wax
This is a great time to wash off the salt that might have clung to your vehicle from the snow and dirt that mixed during the winter. It is always a good idea to clean your vehicle when it is spring time to keep the body in the best shape, and ward off any rust that might happen during your spring maintenance check up.
Tune ups are good to have done through a mechanic, so you can make sure that everything on your vehicle is running and working like it should. While, you may not be trained to see this issues ahead of time like a mechanic would, bringing it to a shop to find out more is always a good idea.
Check the Fluids
It is always ideal to get an oil change when it comes to changing out your vehicle and getting it ready for the spring, but you do not want to forget about the other fluids in the vehicle. This is something that you can do, or you can call up a qualified mechanic to go through the vehicle during the spring maintenance check up.
These are essential for the overall well-being of the vehicle, and for your life. You want to check the brake pads and rotors to make sure they’re in great shape. If they haven’t been changed in some time, then perhaps going for a new set couldn’t hurt.
When you need to make sure that your spring maintenance is going the way it should, speak with us here at the Auto Clinic of Franklin. We are more than happy to help you with everything that needs to be done, and give your vehicle a thorough check up to ensure that you’re ready for all that spring has to throw your way. Schedule your appointment with us today!
When you have an issue with your vehicle, and you hear sounds or notice something different with the way the vehicle is driving, then you have to consider the many different options that could be the problem. These issues will come and go, and some of them might be bigger problems than others. Here are some of the top signs that show that your transmission is failing in your vehicle.
Signs of a Failing Transmission
Fluid Leaks – Leaking fluid from a vehicle is never a good sign, but when it is transmission fluid, then this could become quite dangerous. Checking all of the areas where fluid might leak from, such as the transmission, windshield fluid, antifreeze and brake fluid is ideal. When you notice that it is transmission fluid, make sure to put some in there, and find a garage to help.
Warning Light is On – When the transmission has an issue, there is a warning light, much like your check engine light, that pops on. It might even be your check engine light, or it might be the transmission temperature gauge. Whatever it is, if there is a light on, there is a problem.
Strange Smells – When you smell something burning, or something sticky and sweet, then this might be the transmission fluid burning up and becoming too hot. This is an issue. When the transmission fluid burns, it could mean the transmission is burnt out.
It Sounds Odd – Odd clunking, clinking or chugging noises should not be heard when driving around. You need to make sure that nothing is dragging below your vehicle either. These sounds should always be investigated to find the root of the problem.
It is Difficult to Drive – The transmission helps the gears to move, and when they are not moving like they should, then this could signal a failing transmission. If the weird driving feeling is accompanied by the odd sounds, then it is time to bring it in.
Speak with us here at the Auto Clinic of Franklin to find out even more about what we can provide you with when it comes to doing a thorough inspection of the transmission and other areas, as well as getting the transmission in your vehicle back on track.
Your vehicle is how you get from one place to another, and if you’re not listening to everything it is telling you then you might find you have issues. These issues can range in severity, but if they are really bad, then it is ideal that you have the transmission repair sooner rather than later. Make sure that you, and all of your passengers are safe while driving around town.
Things to Look for to Tell if Your Transmission is Bad
There are tell-tale signs that show that your transmission is bad, and if you’re listening to your vehicle then you should be able to tell when you may need transmission repair.
- Your car may have a hard time accelerating to the full potential, or might feel sluggish
- You hear a thud every time the car changes gears, whether it is an automatic or manual
- There is a slip where the car does not move when put into Drive from Park
- If your vehicle is leaking dark, or bright red or brown fluid from the front
- The transmission light is on
Issues That Can Happen From Having a Bad Transmission
Here are some of the issues that can happen if you’re not on top of the transmission repairs that need to be done on your vehicle.
In some of the most extreme cases, you will not be able to give the car any gas, which means you may slow down and this can cause problems when trying to continue going, especially on a highway or major road.
In less extreme cases, you may notice the slipping of the transmission, and this can prompt you to seek help before the problem becomes much worse. However, the transmission works by helping your vehicle shift from one gear to the next, and then put into neutral or park. Without this component, you’re not able to do any of this.
The vehicle is not going to be able to drive without a working transmission, so in order to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape and to ensure that you’re able to drive safely; the transmission must be in the best shape possible.
It is always ideal to have a thorough work up of your vehicle, even before you think anything is wrong with it. Speak with us here at The Auto Clinic of Franklin. We can provide you with all of the tests, repairs and everything else needed, even transmission repair.
A vehicle inspection is important for any and every car that is out on the road. When you have your vehicle inspected, not only is it to ensure that you’re safe while driving around, but that everyone else is safe, as well. The vehicle is tested in a few different areas to ensure that it is fully functional and able to be on the road. If your vehicle fails, it will need to have the specific reason it failed fixed, and then you will have to have another inspection done on the vehicle.
Vehicle inspection requires a sticker that has the month punched out, and a large number for the year that the inspection is up on. This not only shows officers that you’re either up to date, or out of date for the inspection that is needed. It can also help to serve as a reminder, to you, that you need to have your vehicle inspected again before it runs out.
Please Note: The colors of the vehicle inspection stickers change every year, making it easier for officers to tell when someone has an out of date sticker on their vehicle.
The Testing with Vehicle Inspections
The first testing that is done through vehicle inspection is a safety test. The air bags, tires, horn, wipers, lights and other components that would deem the vehicle safe to drive are all checked. This is to ensure that everyone within the vehicle is going to be safe when it is driven around. In addition, the motor, brakes and other components are thoroughly checked to ensure that the vehicle can operate on the road without putting harm to the other vehicles that it comes across.
Vehicle inspections are not only required by state law, but they are important to have. In order to ensure that your vehicle is safe for everyone to be driving around in, and to protect the safety of others, this is something that has to be done.
When you’re in need of a vehicle inspection, you have to speak with a professional garage that can provide the inspection for you. Here at the Auto Clinic of Franklin, we can provide you with the high quality inspections to ensure that you’re vehicle is safe to drive, and that you’ll be on the road in no time. Set up your appointment with us online.
Almost everyone, of legal driving age, has a vehicle. This vehicle is how they are able to make a living, visit many places and see many people. Without it, they would not be able to do the many things they wish to do throughout the years. When something goes wrong however, many people do not know how to fix them. Here are some of the most common car problems in Franklin.
- Flat Tire – This can be caused by a number of things but it generally sounds like a loud thumping while trying to drive. If driven like this for some time, it can cause further damage.
- Tail or Head Lights Going Out – This is a common car problem in Franklin that can actually be fixed quite easily. However, you have to check them from time to time to know when they go out.
- The Battery is Dead – This might be caused by a number of problems, some of which require a bit more attention but just replacing the battery might be enough.
- You Need an Oil Change – These are important for any car. When it is acting funny, or you’ve put too many miles on it then you will notice that the oil sensor might be going off. You shouldn’t ignore it and have it done.
- Bad Brake Pads or Rotors – This is a common problem that might not be able to be done yourself, but one that is affordable and easy to fix. Replacing these essential components of your vehicle is essential though, so you can ensure that you stop on time, every time.
When you’re experiencing a problem with your vehicle, or one of these common car problems in Franklin then you have to speak with someone that is able to help you. Through the use of a garage that is well experienced and trained, you can have your vehicle in, and out without a problem.
Speak with us here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Not only can we provide you with the essentials that come with fixing your vehicle and getting it back on the road, but we can make sure that all of the other problems you’ve been experiencing are gone. Never let these common car problems in Franklin keep you down when you have an experienced garage behind you. Contact us today to learn more!