Now that you have made an investment in a quality set of tires, it’s important to take every step to protect your investment. Surely you want to get the most out of your new tires and enjoy them for several years ahead. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has the following tips to offer in order to extend both the life expectancy and performance of your tires and keep them in the best shape possible for the longest period of time.
After checking out all the specifications, looking into performance ratings, and warranties and finally choosing your new tires, ensuring that they remain in the best of shape for the longest time is your must do next step. Here are some practical and very important tips to accomplish just that:
- Proper inflation – Be sure to check your tire inflation regularly. You should do this when the tires are cool and use a tire pressure gauge for your best results. Tires that are inflated inappropriately will cause a good deal of strain and wear on your new tires which results in a shortened lifespan and poor performance.
- Proper tire rotation – Be sure to rotate your new tires whenever you have an oil change in order to prevent uneven wear on the tires and also promote a smoother, better ride.
- Proper tire balance – When your tires are balanced, your ride is much smoother and the wear on the new tires is minimized. Be sure to have them balanced at the same time you schedule your tire rotation.
- Proper tire alignment – Proper tire alignment maximizes your tire treads, enhances their performance and helps your tires wear evenly, all of which are essential to your drive.
- Proper care of your tires – Just as you would clean the rest of your vehicle, it is important to keep your tires clean and keep them free of debris. You should also give focus to your tire rims, valves and hubcaps as well. Also ensure that your valve caps are on and have no cracks that can ultimately result in leaks.
- Vehicle parking – Most people do not realize that when your car is parked on hot asphalt during the hot months this can cause heat damage to your tires. On the flip side of that, in extreme cold, parking on dirt or gravel roads can cause warping and damage to your tires as well. Finally, if you do not drive your care for a long period of time, this immobility and long-term parking can break down tires and even destroy them.
- Weightbearing – Whenever you change the weight in your vehicle you cause extra strain on your tires. Be certain that anything you are towing or are putting into your truck or the rear of your vehicle is within the weight limits of your tires and your vehicle. Staying within those weight limits will prevent any flats, tire blow outs or other damage.
- Pay attention to your own driving habits – If you typically perform excessive braking, acceleration or frequent stop and go traffic, these will all affect the wear of your tires. Also, when driving pay close attention to speed bumps, curbs, road debris and pot holes since each can damage your tires and your sidewalls.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance – Be sure to keep up with your seasonal maintenance and regularly scheduled maintenance in order to enhance the health and performance of your tires.
Everybody tries to put off, as long as possible, purchasing new tires. However, when you do finally make that investment you want to be certain to properly maintain them and enjoy your tires for several years. Whether winter, spring, summer or fall it is always important to take proper care of your tires to ensure not only extended performance but the safety of yourself and all your passengers. Take time out today to schedule your routine vehicle maintenance with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin and make certain to include your seasonal check of your tires as well. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round automotive services this side of Franklin.
In a world that offers so many exciting and innovative devices to own, often times we forget about the simple but important investments we should typically make. Investing in new tires for your vehicle is certainly one of these often forgotten about necessities in life. Though new tires are not as appealing or exciting as a new inground pool, a diamond ring, or a top of the line laptop computer, the benefits and value of your new tires offer so much more. Read More
Winter is here and everyone of us dons our winter coats, turns on the heat, starts up the fireplace or lights the wood burning stove in preparation of the winter woes ahead. But all too often we forget to prepare our vehicles for the winter weather. There are a few important things we should do to get our vehicles ready for the winter season and surely one of them is to install snow tires. Snow tires help ensure our safety and well-being when driving the roads and highways covered with snow, ice and other winter elements. The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to help all our valued clients understand the when and the why of installing snow tires. With that said, here are some important facts to know. Read More
When something goes wrong with your vehicle, you typically turn to an experienced professional to help manage the problems. No matter what your vehicle issues may be, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are the team for you. Our Franklin automotive professionals are among the best in the region and in the industry. Dedicated to providing superior products and services, our pros stand ready to serve you with all your automotive needs. Read More
Proper care and maintenance is vital to the performance and life expectancy of any vehicle. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are committed and dedicated to providing top of the line Franklin Auto Maintenance services for all our valued clients. We take tremendous pride in our quality products and services and in helping our clients to properly maintain their vehicles.
Without proper routine maintenance of your vehicle, over time you will find yourself spending a great deal of money on costly vehicle repairs. Setting aside money regularly will ensure that you have the funding when the need arises to have maintenance or repairs performed on your vehicle. Further, we advise all our clients to get in the habit of scheduling routine maintenance appointments as well. Read More
We live in such a fast paced, hectic world. Getting from one place to the other is so important. Is it any wonder that our vehicles are so critical to our everyday life? Whether commuting to and from work each day or traveling for a vacation, a healthy maintained vehicle is essential. Here at The Auto Clinic of Franklin we are proud of our award-winning Franklin automotive services. We have provided all of our valued clients with our top-rated services and products here in Franklin over the past 10+ years. Read More
Being mindful of the tires on your vehicle is essential. You have to ensure that not only are they at their best, but they have enough traction and tread. This is where you’re going to be able to stay on the road and not have an accident that pulls you off of it. With Franklin tire care, you can ensure that you know how to spot this wear and know what to do about it.
Common Tire Wear Patterns with Franklin Tire Care
Excessive Inner/Outer Wear
This indicates an alignment problem with the vehicle. In order to have a smooth driving vehicle, the wear on the tires should be even. If it is not, speaking with a mechanic about an alignment will fix the problem but those tires will have to be replaced. Alignments are also simple to do, so you shouldn’t expect the process to take hours to get done.
If the center of the tire is worn down more than the rest of the tire, then this is Franklin tire care 101, you have too much air in the tires. Over-inflating the tires can be dangerous, but it also can mean the middle section of the tires are getting more worn down then the rest. Replacing the tires and checking tire pressure often can reduce the chances of having this happen again.
Wear on the outside edges of the tires can indicate that the tires are not inflated enough. In order to have a smooth ride, while also being able to carry the weight of the vehicle, the tires have to be at a specific inflation spot. When there is outer wear on the edges, the tires might not have enough air in them.
This wear is a very serious and dangerous issue to have. It indicates that something is wrong with the suspension of the vehicle. In order to address the problem, speaking with a qualified mechanic that knows Franklin tire care can not only provide the necessary fixes, but also the replacement wheels.
When there are patches on the tread of the tires, this signals a problem with the balance of the tires. They may not be well-balanced, which puts the vehicle off, causing this tread pattern. You should have your tires spun and rotated every 5,000 miles to reduce the chances of having something like this happen.
If you have excessive, or any of the above signs of wear on your tires, speak with us here at the Auto Clinic of Franklin. We can provide the Franklin tire care you’re in need of to get you back on the road. Don’t let slips happen, let us replace those older tires for you!
Tire Selection Guide
When it comes to choosing the right tires for your vehicle, you have to ensure that you understand the available options, and which features each tire comes with. Not only that, but being mindful of the weather, and the conditions on the road before choosing is also a great idea. When you put many considerations together, then you can choose the right tires for your vehicle easily and efficiently. Find out more about our Full Line of Tire replacement, repair, and maintenance Services by clicking here.
Our Tire Selection Guide: Choosing the Right Tires
These tips and tricks can help you choose the right tires for the road, but also for your vehicle. Many different brands and sizes are available, so knowing a bit more about all tires is a good thing.
Cheapest is Not Always Best
While some only go for the more affordable, off-brand types of tires because that is what they can afford, chances are that they do not have enough grip on the road and they do not last as long. If you can splurge a little, or start saving now then choosing a high-end brand of tires can be the right tires for your vehicle because they handle better and last longer.
Know the Traction Rating
When choosing a tire, you need to know the traction rating. The tread on the tire can tell all. If you want thicker, better holding tires then go with a higher traction rating. Usually, tires without any tread on them are for street racing so if you’re not racing something, then you better stick to something that is going to grip the road and keep you on it.
Load Capacity Ratings Matter
Don’t overlook this, since you want something that can hold the weight of the vehicle and not pop while driving down the road. Usually, the larger the tire, the more weight they can hold. Reading this information, and making sure to get the right size and load capacity are essential. If the tires are not able to carry the weight, they are not going to last long.
All Season or Winter Tires
When choosing the right tires for your vehicle, make sure to go with the right ones for the season. Even if the winter tires are on sale in the spring time, you’re not going to want to put them on your vehicle during this time. Purchasing them for the winter might be ideal. Purchase for the season you’re in, no matter the price or ratings.
When you’re ready to change out those old tires for new ones this year, speak with us here at the Auto Clinic of Franklin. We can help you find, and exchange the right tires so you can have more time on the road and less time changing the tires.