Summer is Here – Prep Your Vehicle with A Summer Emergency Road Kit
With summer now upon us, it is important to take steps to ensure the safety of all those summer road trips. Whether you are heading to the ocean, setting out to travel cross country or simply in route to a summer concert, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommend you prep your car with an emergency road kit. We all know that regardless of how well we take care of our cars, and no matter the year, make or model unexpected car problems are bound to occur from time to time.
Although you cannot be prepared completely for every vehicle emergency that occurs, there are some practical measures you can take to ensure the safety of you and your family should your vehicle suddenly break down or experience an automotive issue. With that said, a completely stocked emergency road kit is a definite way to plan for the unexpected. Here are some of the key items you want to be sure to include in your road kit.
- Jumper Cables – Certainly an item you never want to overlook. Surely there is no more frustrating a feeling than coming out of the mall, your work, church or any place for that matter, and finding that your car has a dead battery. A set of jumper cables is sure to provide an effective solution to this problem and is a key item to include in your emergency road kit.
- Flat Tire Tools – A flat tire can occur at any time, anywhere and without any warning whatsoever which is why having the appropriate flat tire tools on hand is quite useful. A spare tire, lug wrench and a jack are all essential to your flat tire tools and are an important component of your emergency kit. Ensure that the tools are in proper working order and, if possible, take time out to learn how to use them effectively.
- Flashlight – It is never a good idea, nor a fun idea to find yourself stranded by the roadside in the dark of the night without any way of seeing and getting around. Be sure to pack a flashlight in your road kit and make certain you don’t forget the batteries.
- Reflective Hazard Flares and Triangles – If ever you have car trouble or a breakdown and need to work on your vehicle along the roadside, these essential items will help to keep you safe. If you choose not to work on the vehicle yourself, but rather call for roadside assistance, reflective hazard items can be used while waiting for your assistance to arrive.
- Miscellaneous Items – It is also important to include bottles of water, a first aid kit, non-perishable snacks, a blanket, and a phone charger as part of your emergency road kit. With these additional items packed and on hand, you will be more than happy should you find yourself caught up in an emergency roadside situation and stranded for a bit of time.
Summer is finally here and many people tend to travel a great deal in the hot summer months. Vacations are popular this time of year and many are travelled by car. With these facts in hand, it makes good sense to prep your car for any unexpected vehicle occurrences with a fully stocked emergency road kit. Don’t let your summer road trips and vacations get spoiled by sudden vehicle issues. Pack your road kit today to ensure the safety and well being of you and all your passengers. And don’t forget, should you find yourself in need of premier automotive services or repairs then the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are just the team for you. Come on down to our facility and let our highly skilled and trained technicians take care of your every need. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes for a safe summer season ahead!!