Everyone at one time or another has been faced with unsuspecting flashing lights on our dashboard that cause us grave worry. When they appear, they are not only confusing but can be frustrating and fearful as well. It is important, however, that when warning dashboard lights do appear that you immediately give focus to the warning sign and determine whether an immediate repair is needed.
The experienced team of automotive technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to be sure that all our valued clients understand what each of the flashing dashboard lights means.
UNDERSTANDING THOSE DASHBOARD LIGHTS
- Check Engine Light – This flashing light is warning you that one of your vehicle systems, the ignition, fuel, or emissions system has malfunctioned. If the check engine light stays on don’t delay in scheduling an auto repair service. If the light is flashing rather than steady, you need not rush, but should still make an appointment at our automotive shop sooner rather than later.
- Brake light – The brake warning light is an indicator that something is wrong with your braking system. It could be a problem with the brake fluid level, low brake linings, or perhaps your emergency brake is stuck in the on position. Whatever the case may be, it is important to have your ABS system checked as soon as possible.
- Oil pressure light – The oil pressure light will begin flashing when a drop in oil pressure has occurred. This may be the result of a bad oil pump, or a leak. We recommend you do not drive the car any further, but rather have the vehicle towed instead.
- Temperature light – The Vehicle Temperature Warning Light is letting you know you’re your vehicle is overheating. More times than not, the problem is with your radiator, cooling system, a burst hose or a failed water pump. Whatever the issue, stop driving right away and let your vehicle engine cool down. We highly suggest you do not drive the vehicle further, but rather have it towed to our top-rated auto clinic here in Franklin.
THE AUTOMOTIVE TEAM YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and certified automotive techs and specialists are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive parts and services to all our valued clients. We take pride in meeting the individual needs of all our clients while striving to work within their needed timelines as well. At Auto Clinic of Franklin, we understand how valuable your vehicle is to you and want to assure you that we will deliver services that are not only satisfactory but will simply not be matched by any of our competitors.
If you have flashing dashboard lights that are warning you, be sure to reach out to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. When you choose our team of dedicated techs you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the automotive industry. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best auto facilities here in Franklin, our team of skilled technicians are committed to maintaining that very marketplace presence. To do so, we continue to provide high-quality parts and services at prices that are affordable and in timelines that are accommodating to our customer’s needs.
To learn more about those confusing dashboard lights, give a shout out to one of our team members or come on down to our trusted facility today. For all your automotive needs, trust the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
Vehicles can most certainly be carriers of all sorts of germs and bacteria. Your vehicle is used to transport persons, groceries, donated items, as well as a number of other things, all of which can transport germs and other sources of bacteria. Being in the middle of the Covid Pandemic right now causes many of us to be focused on proper sanitizing and cleaning which should also include automobile sanitizing as well.
We have been told that bacteria from any virus can remain alive on all types of surfaces and that would include the interior surfaces of your vehicle as well. With that said the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, though we are primarily providers of mechanical services for your vehicles, wants to also contribute to the overall safety and well being of our valued clients. We want to advise our clients on how to keep the surfaces on the interior of their vehicles safe and sanitized before and after visits to our shop.
CLEAN THOSE HIDDEN PLACES
Though surfaces can often appear to be clean, they are more times than not laden with germs and bacteria. One of the dirtiest surfaces of a vehicle is that of the steering wheel, simply because our hands, after touching nearly everything else, are placed on the steering wheel. The door handles, radio controls, seat belts, gear shift, sun visors and power buttons are among some of the other interior surfaces that should be cleaned and sanitized regularly. Anything in your vehicle that is touched should all be part of your proper automobile sanitizing protocol.
THE BEST CLEANING PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS TO USE
Even though the surfaces in your vehicle may appear to be very clean, they may still be home to a number of germs, bacteria and viruses. Though a cleaned surface is visibly not dirty, a sanitized surface minimizes the level of germs that can pose a threat and serves to disinfect surfaces. You can easily use a clean cloth, water and soap to clean your interior surfaces. Other products containing bleach of some sort can disinfect interior vehicle surfaces but, if they are too strong, can also cause some level of harm to the surfaces. Be sure to use products that are not harmful to the interior of your vehicle, but are strong enough to remove germs, bacteria and even traces of viruses.
IT PAYS TO CLEAN AND SANITIZE
Most of us clean our vehicles regularly. There is nothing quite as rewarding as driving around in a vehicle that is spic and span on both the exterior and interior. During this challenging Covid Pandemic, taking time out to clean and sanitize interior vehicle surfaces can greatly contribute to your overall health and the health of your passengers as well. Performing proper automobile sanitizing is a routine everyone should get into, especially during this ongoing pandemic. Taking steps to safeguard your family members and other passengers, not to mention yourself, is an important step in ensuring the health and safety of all.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated automotive specialists is steadfast in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality products and services this side of Franklin. That would include offering our clients insight needed that benefits their well being as well. We are truly living in some difficult times right now and the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to be sure that all our clients are safe and healthy.
To learn more about automobile sanitizing and steps we take to ensure your safety, be sure to reach out to one of our team today. We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and hope you and your family remain safe and healthy as we continue to face the ongoing challenges of the Covid19 Pandemic. For all your automotive service and repair needs, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin!
Winter is most certainly coming to a close, which means we will all soon be enjoying the warmer weather and all the blessings of spring. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind all our valued clients that not only should we prepare ourselves for spring, but you need to prepare your vehicles for spring driving as well.
TIPS FOR PREPARING TO DRIVE IN THE SPRING SEASON
To ensure the proper functionality and overall safety of your vehicle to enjoy driving in the warm spring weather, we want to share these helpful tips.
- A Fresh clean wash – At the start of spring you want to be sure to get your vehicle to a car wash that will thoroughly clean the exterior of your vehicle including the undercarriage. The undercarriage accumulates road salt and a variety of other winter elements which can lead to buildup and rust over time. In addition, we always suggest to perform a thorough cleaning of the interior of your vehicle as well to set the stage for an enjoyable long spring driving season.
- Give full attention to your tires – Winter driving, as we all know, is quite hard on vehicle tires, which is why it is so important to have them aligned and rotated at the start of the spring. Doing so will ensure that your tires will wear safely and you can get the very best out of your tires for a longer period of time. Be sure to also keep track of your tire tread to ensure that they are not balding since the spring brings with it lots of rain and you will need proper traction when driving in these weather conditions.
- Check the battery – Vehicles certainly have to work a whole lot harder in the winter months, which can ultimately result in less battery life. Perform a battery inspection and if you find that your battery is low, then be sure to replace it, especially if it is in excess of four years old.
- Don’t forget your windshield wipers – It goes without saying what a challenge the winter months can be on our windshield wipers. Regardless of winter, however, it is wise to change your windshield wipers at the start of each new season so as to improve your visibility consistently and avoid accidents and mishaps.
- Top off the fluids – Be sure to top off all your vehicle fluids including engine oil and brake fluid in preparation of spring driving. Once again, we reiterate that you do not forget the windshield wiper fluid since we all tend to use much more of it during the winter months.
- Check out your performance under the hood – Give a bit of time to inspect your hoses, belts and air filters. If you see any that are damaged or cracked be sure to repair or replace them. Also, be sure your air filters are working properly and are clean since you will need them to operate your air conditioning in the warmer weather.
TRUST THE PROS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
With spring just around the corner, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin cannot emphasize enough the importance of prepping your vehicle for the warmer season ahead. Our team stands ready to meet your every need and is steadfast in our commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. To get your vehicle ready for spring driving give a shout out to one of our staff today and schedule your service appointment. Our team will ensure that your vehicle is up and ready for traveling in the spring and prepared to handle all your family spring travel adventures!
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated technicians and specialists is committed to providing all our valued clients with the best all round car repairs and services this side of the state. Our team of certified mechanics and highly skilled and trained automotive repair technicians stand ready to meet your needs. They are equipped to handle all your car service and repair needs no matter winter, spring, summer or fall.
Our team will easily and quickly identify problems you may be experiencing, the root source of the problems and provide effective and efficient solutions as needed. We are truly committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients by always going above and beyond and delivering the highest quality automotive products, services and repairs here in Franklin and the many surrounding towns.
PROPER REPAIRS FOR BELTS AND HOSES
As a typical component of a vehicle tune up our team of technicians will inspect all of the many hoses and belts found within your vehicle. The serpentine belts are a part of your engine and are designed to provide all the power needed for a variety of important systems within your car or truck. The alternator, power steering and the air conditioning compressor, to name a few systems, are dependent upon belts in order to properly function.
Heater hoses coupled with the radiator also rely upon properly functioning belts to operate. Since hoses are made of rubber that is exposed to a great deal of friction and heat causing them to harden, weaken and become brittle, it is important to have them inspected regularly. In addition, hoses can leak or split and, over time, even snap which will cause your vehicle to stop running. If a hose becomes split it can cause your vehicle’s engine to overheat, resulting in serious damage which is why it is so important to ensure that you regularly check all the belts and hoses in your vehicle.
It is somewhat difficult to assess and analyze the condition and/or damage to the various hoses and belts by simply viewing them since damage that occurs will more times than not begin on the innermost side of the belt or hose. If, however, you see visible damage, then it goes without saying that your belts or hoses, whichever is damaged, needs replacement. Yet another way you can check on the overall health and condition of these important vehicle components is to pinch the rubber of the hose or the belt to determine if it has a healthy texture or is the rubber brittle and hard, or soft and floppy. If the rubber has an unhealthy texture and condition then it is time to invest in a replacement.
THE TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin many of our customers fail to give attention to the hoses and belts in their vehicles regularly. It is important to do so and especially important to replace those that are worn down and damaged so as to avoid any serious harm to your vehicle’s engine and proper running condition. With that said, our team of dedicated professionals is on hand to help you determine whether or not replacements are needed.
If you have not recently checked the condition of your vehicle’s hoses and belts or find that you are in need of replacements, then surely you have come to the right place. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best automotive repair and service providers this side of Tennessee our team is steadfast in our commitment to maintain that very marketplace presence. Be sure to bring your vehicle down to our trusted facility today. The beautiful holiday season is now upon us and the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin sends along wishes from our family to yours for a joyous and safe holiday season ahead!
Well, fall seems to be coming to a close which means winter is right around the corner. Many vehicle owners, even those good about maintaining their vehicles, often lose sight of the proper care and maintenance of their windshield wipers. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take this time to offer our clients some insight on the proper care and timely change out of your vehicle wipers.
WHEN TO CHANGE YOUR WIPERS
When to change your wipers will differ from vehicle to vehicle and from season to season. In addition, the timeline for changing out windshield wipers depends upon how worn the blades actually are and whether or not they can efficiently provide the protection you and your windshield need. Individuals who live in areas where the climate is much cooler and where minimal rain occurs, will typically find that the lifespan of their wipers is extended. When difficult weather conditions are not present, it only makes sense that drivers will use their wipers much less minimizing the wear they experience.
However, if you live in a location where there is abundant rain or even snow and sleet, then consistent use of your wipers is common. The more you use them the more worn out the blades become. It is important, especially in these kinds of locations where the weather fluctuates, that you have healthy wipers to provide you with the visibility and safety you need.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our experienced and highly trained auto technicians are on hand to assist with all your vehicle care and maintenance and that includes advising you when you are in need of new windshield wipers. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your wipers need to be changed out or replaced, then simply take a ride on down to our friendly automotive shop and let our technicians help determine the overall health of your wipers for you.
The best test for determining the necessity to replace wipers is the simple test of visibility. If your visibility is not clear, but rather impaired by the condition of your wipers, then sure, it’s time to invest in a new set. Additionally, if we notice that your wipers are not making the necessary contact with the surface of your windshield, then again, it’s time to make a change. Finally, if you notice scratches or smears of any type on your windshield or if, while they are in use, you hear squeaks these too are sure indicators that you are in need of new wiper blades.
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES YOU CAN RELY ON
Whenever you have scheduled maintenance of your vehicle here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, regardless of the service, our team of technicians will always inspect your wiper blades while you are here to ensure they are working properly and effectively. We take pride in the overall wellbeing and satisfaction of our clients and take every step possible to provide only the highest quality automotive services time and time again. Our clients are always our number one priority which is why our team of specialists is so steadfast in providing effective and efficient services to all our valued clients.
If you are in need of automotive services or parts, including windshield wipers, be sure to look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Give a shout out to our friendly techs today to set up your next maintenance check or automotive service. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we provide the best all round automotive services in Franklin winter, spring, summer and fall and look forward to our every opportunity to serve you.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled automotive technicians wants to share with our valued clients some important tips on how to properly care for your car battery. These useful tips will help keep your battery and vehicle running at peak levels during the cold winter months.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BATTERY CARE
We all know full well that car batteries just do not operate as well in cold temperatures. Car batteries operate by generating electricity by way of a chemical reaction. This process slows down greatly in cold weather temperatures, thus generating less power to the vehicle. With that said, here are some helpful tips to help your battery perform in cold weather months.
- Covered Parking – When you park your vehicle in a garage or under a covering of some sort you are contributing to proper car battery cold weather care. Any type of car covering helps with the overall performance of your battery since the heat trapped in the surface where the vehicle is parked will keep your vehicle warm and ultimately shelter your battery from the extreme cold.
- Turn off all the Extras – Cold temperatures cause battery power to be minimized which means that your engine will need more power in order to start up. To ensure that your engine can turn over in the morning hours be sure to turn off all accessories and extras such as heaters, headlights, wipers and the likes, that actually draw additional power from your battery. After you start up your vehicle in the morning, then surely you can turn all the extras back on again.
- Don’t allow your vehicles to sit for long periods of time – Vehicles can typically sit in near to subzero temperatures overnight, especially if they are properly maintained. However, regardless of how well you maintain your car battery sitting for days or even for weeks can cause grave problems with your vehicle. With the cold weather, batteries are many times unable to self-discharge which can ultimately lead to other more serious problems such as damaging connections and cracked battery cases.
- No over-cranking – If your engine will not start up be sure to avoid over cranking the vehicle. Over cranking the starter in excess of a few seconds can cause risks of overheating. If the engine does not start right up, be patient and wait a few moments before trying again. Whatever you do – don’t over crank.
- Invest in a cold weather battery – If your battery is in excess of three years old the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommends you replace it long before the cold winter months arrive. This may be the ideal time to invest in a car battery that is designed specifically to operate in the cold. As we all know, not all batteries are the same. Some batteries have higher cold cranking amps and will certainly perform much better in cold weather than everyday batteries.
- Inspect for Corrosion – Corrosion frequently occurs on battery cables and battery clamps which can ultimately obstruct the flow of electricity causing the battery to function from a much lower power level. Our technicians will inspect your battery and clean away any corrosion that may be present.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
If you have followed the above suggested tips and find yourself still faced with battery problems, then it may be that you simply need a replacement. If you replace your battery and still encounter problems you may have a bigger issue with your alternator. Whatever the case, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to help. For more information about proper car battery care in cold weather, or to schedule a service appointment, reach out to one of our team members today!
Halloween is just a few days away and children and adults alike are getting prepped and ready for all the fun. Trick or treaters of all ages and sizes will soon be lining the streets in hopes of collecting lots and lots of treats while saying hello to many neighbors and friends. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind everybody that Halloween can be a very dangerous evening for a number of reasons, which is why Halloween safety is so important.
BE CAREFUL OF THE PARTIERS
Many people host fun-filled Halloween parties, as we all know, but often at those parties much drinking can go on. When the party is over, or guests need to leave early, drivers who are on the road on this very dangerous eve can pose a number of hazards to innocent people. Drunken drivers are not so foreign on a typical Halloween eve, which is why it is so important for families to be on the alert.
On this fun-filled evening the ultimate goal is for everyone to enjoy themselves, but to get home safe and sound and without any harm. With that said, the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple but practical Halloween safety tips for all to adhere to this weekend coming up.
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL
Drivers – When you find yourself having to drive through the neighborhood on Halloween eve, be sure to take every necessary precaution when on local roads and at intersections since many pedestrians will look for the easiest route to the next doorbell to ring. In addition, drivers need to be attentive to other drivers and mistakes they may make and be prepared to stop suddenly if need be. In addition, it is critical that drivers remain entirely focused on the road and on all their surroundings and keep their cell phones off. Finally, remember that may costumes come with masks and full-face coverings which can further hinder their ability for individuals to see clearly when walking in the darkened hours, so you need to be entirely on alert.
Pedestrians and Parents – Costumes that are donned with bright colors are a surefire way of ensuring that your child/children are easily seen when trick or treating. If, however, your little one has a black or dark costume you may want to consider using reflective bright colored tape on their shoes and maybe even on the backside of their costume. Be sure to always carry a flashlight when trick or treating so you always have a clear view of what’s up ahead.
Parents be sure to use sidewalks whenever possible and stay close to your children while remaining on the lookout for vehicles that are turning corners or backing up. In addition, be on the lookout for drivers or older trick or treaters who may have indulged in just a wee bit too much drinking. Finally, whenever possible go out and trick or treat in groups with your family and friends. Not only will it be a whole lot safer, but it is sure to be a whole lot more fun as well.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN CARES
These are just some simple but practical Halloween safety tips we wanted to share with you. Trick or treating is a tradition for many families and one that children especially look forward to. So be
sure to take every precaution to ensure the safety of your family and friends. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we care about our clients and not only provide the highest quality automotive parts, services and repairs this side of Franklin, but our friendly professionals are committed to the overall happiness and safety of all our valued clients!
Well, fall is certainly in full bloom and winter right around the corner now. In the fall, as we all know, the temperatures get a bit chilly, the days are shorter, the sun sets a whole lot earlier and the leaves begin to change into lovely fall colors. Fall is also a favorite time of year for a variety of sports, Halloween gatherings and lots of pumpkin everything. However, it is important we don’t lose sight of the fact that the fall also presents with some dangerous fall driving conditions.
When the leaves begin to fall steadily, they make their way onto the many highways and roadways. When this happens, there is an increased risk for accidents since the leaves can pose slippery driving conditions. When there is also a mixture of rainy weather or morning frost, the two combined together can even become quite treacherous. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some very important vehicle safety tips they should adhere to so as to avoid any unsuspecting driving conditions this fall.
VEHICLE SAFETY TIPS FOR THE FALL
Fall is such a beautiful, peaceful time of year when many people just want to find themselves outdoors taking in the brisk, fresh air. Many also enjoy the colorful fall foliage, and taking all those long, peaceful drives through the back roads where all the colors are so vibrant and the atmosphere so calm. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to make sure that our clients can go right ahead and enjoy the lovely fall season and all its elements without being faced with unsuspecting car accidents. So, to ensure your safety, we put together these important tips and facts.
- Tires – As the cooler fall temperatures set in, your tire pressure can begin to change and end up leaving you with tire pressure that is far too low. Be sure to always check the pressure of your tires as well as the condition of the traction and treads because falling colorful leaves can make most roadways dangerous and slippery. When this happens, you want to be sure your tires can grip the surface quickly and properly.
- Brakes – As we suggested already, the roads in the fall can be quite slippery, so be sure before you begin all that fall driving, that your brakes are performing at peak levels and in the best of shape.
- Stay Atop the Current Weather Conditions – As the fall weather sets in and the temperatures become colder, there are a number of road hazards that can exist as a result of falling leaves and even early morning frost. Whenever you drive on fallen leaves it is imperative that you slow your travel speed and always leave a good space between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you. When leaves are wet and even frozen, they can make the road extremely slippery. In addition, when there are leaves all over the roadway, they can easily camouflage other road conditions that are present such as bumps and pot holes. Early morning frost is much like black ice in the winter and can cause very dangerous road conditions especially over bridges. Whenever there is frost, be sure to always slow your travel speed down.
- Wiper Blades and Washer Fluid – Be sure to check your windshield wiper fluid regularly and be sure that your wipers are working properly. In addition, be sure that your wiper blades are not damaged in any way so as to avoid any disruption to clearing your windshield should the weather get tricky.
- Heaters and Defrosters – As the temperatures start dropping, you want to be sure that your heater is working properly, your defroster is functioning and your antifreeze is at sufficient levels needed to protect your engine throughout the cold weather months.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – YOUR NUMBER ONE CHOICE FOR AUTO REPAIRS AND SERVICES
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in our top of the line automotive repairs, parts and services we provide our valued clients. We understand full well how important a properly functioning vehicle is for everyone and are steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients. We hope you found these important facts and tips for safe fall driving informative and we look forward to our every opportunity to serve you. For all your automotive parts, repairs and services in Franklin and the surrounding towns, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
In the midst of the challenging Covid pandemic, the mere thought of germs, bacteria and dirty surfaces can cause any of us to be concerned. Touching or even sitting in any designated area that can potentially be smothered in bacteria and germs, is something we all want to avoid, especially at this time. With that said, the team of dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin thought it best to share some important but incredibly simple steps for sanitizing vehicles during these challenging times.
Cars and trucks, though we attempt to clean them often, can be home to a whole lot of dirt, germs and bacteria and especially the steering wheel of all components. A vehicle steering wheel carries a wide range of germs and bacteria as do the door handles, seat belts, touch pads and cup holders to name a few. Each of these vehicle components is touched and used often paving the way for a variety of germs, bacteria and dirt. Now more than ever before, with the current Covid pandemic, our professional team thought the timing is perfect to offer our valued clients some very useful tips they can use for sanitizing vehicles and making their vehicles safe.
WHY SANITIZE YOUR VEHICLE
Sanitizing vehicles is a whole lot different than just giving it a typical cleaning. Now more than ever it is important to keep all types of germs and bacteria off of your many car parts and components that you touch often. Though many of us dedicate a lot of time to cleaning, washing and sanitizing our every belonging during this pandemic, cleaning and sanitizing your vehicle probably has not come in at the top of your cleaning list. People spend a great deal of time in their trucks and cars which is why it is so important to keep them clean and sanitized. In our efforts to stop the spread of bacteria and viruses and other types of germs as well, we should all give attention to these simple steps for sanitizing vehicles.
SIMPLE METHODS YOU CAN FOLLOW TO SANITIZE YOUR TRUCK OR CAR
- Eliminate mold and dust – Unlike open spaces, your vehicle is a closed environment which means the chances of bacteria and germs growing inside are greatly enhanced. By vacuuming, you can remove most of the dirt and dust particles from the interior of your vehicle. In addition, cleaning away any larger debris you may have accumulated in your vehicle will help to minimize and even eliminate dirt, dust and mold.
- Replace or clean the cabin air filter – As many of us know, the cabin air filter is accountable for cleaning the inside atmosphere in your vehicle. It is important to change out the air filter at minimum every 6 months in your efforts to maintain clean, breathable air in your car or truck. If you notice that the air is not cool enough in your vehicle, or if it has an unpleasant smell, chances are that moldy air is being circulated in the vehicle. A dirty air filter easily distributes bacteria and germs in your vehicle from your vehicle’s air conditioning system, so be sure to change out the cabin air filter regularly.
- Clean the upholstery – Dirt, dust, germs and even mold at times, can collect on your vehicle’s upholstery. Be sure to clean the upholstery with a microfiber cloth or even with a small gentler vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dust and particles.
- Practice using disinfectants that are safe – There are a good number of quality disinfectants on the market today that are safe for use on the surface of your vehicles, especially those surfaces that you are constantly touching. Such components as the steering wheel, armrest, gear stick, touchscreen, door handles, seat belts and mirrors, should be cleaned and sanitized routinely. The chances of germs and other bacteria building up can be greatly reduced and even eliminated when you regularly clean these often-touched components.
- Don’t forget the car wash – The exterior of your vehicle should be washed often as well. By running your car or truck through a car wash you will not only obtain a shiny, like new look, but you will also decontaminate and properly sanitize the exterior surface of your vehicle as well.
THE TRUSTED SPECIALISTS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are steadfast in our commitment to only provide the highest quality automotive products and services to all our valued clients. In addition, during these trying times, we are also focused on educating our clients on the best ways to stay safe in their vehicles. For more information on proper steps you can take for sanitizing vehicles, or to schedule your automotive repairs or services, be sure to reach out to the friendly technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today.
When driving if you ever have a small collision, hit the edge of a pothole, hit a curb, or go over speed bumps too quickly you can easily cause the sidewalls of your tires to bulge or bubble. If you ever notice that your tires are not smooth and round, but rather you have a tire with a bubble or bulge, be sure to stop driving immediately. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take some time to explain tread bulging or tire bubbles and their hazards to all our valued clients.
A tire that has a bubble or a section of tread bulging is not safe to drive on. When the fabric of the inner tire bubbles, it can no longer provide the protection your tire needs from bursting. The most common area where bubbles occur is in the sidewall. However, they can also form in specific areas that have worn out thin rubber. Driving on a tire with a bubble is extremely dangerous and the odds of a blow out are very high. When you take note of a bubble, it is important to get the tire replaced quickly. The more moisture and air that seeps into the tire, the larger the bubble will become and the greater the danger is.
WAYS TO PREVENT TIRE BUBBLES
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips on how to prevent tire bubbles from happening. Prevention is by far the best cure of all. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Steer clear of potholes – Potholes are one of the prime sources for tire bubbles. Whenever possible, avoid hitting potholes by steering away from them safely.
- Engage in careful driving – Make it a point not to drive over speed bumps quickly and to be extremely cautious when driving near to curbs and sidewalks and when parking.
- Proper maintenance – Be sure to inspect your tires regularly and take note of any changes in pressure or in structure. Use a tire pressure gauge for checking proper tire pressure routinely.
Always keep in mind that damage that occurs as a result of a tire with a bubble cannot be repaired. The reason being that when a bubble is present, the structural integrity of the tire has been compromised. With that said, it is simply not safe to drive on the tire any longer since its internal structure has been damaged. Instead, suspend all driving and have the tire replaced immediately.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced team of dedicated auto technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Our technicians are on hand to answer all your questions and address any automotive concerns you may have.
With our high marketplace presence, our team of experts is committed to maintaining our high reputation and customer satisfaction rating. We strive to deliver services that are simply unmatched by any of our competitors and that includes any and all services for your vehicle tires.
Whether you are in the market for a new set of tires, need your tires rotated or have a tire with a bubble, rest assured we are the team for you. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals take care of your every need. Summer is here and certainly we all do a whole lot more driving this time of year. With that said, we encourage all our clients to engage in routine inspection of your tires and be sure to have regular oil changes as well. Don’t delay. Come on down to our friendly auto service center today!