In the midst of the challenging Covid pandemic, the mere thought of germs, bacteria and dirty surfaces can cause any of us to be concerned. Touching or even sitting in any designated area that can potentially be smothered in bacteria and germs, is something we all want to avoid, especially at this time. With that said, the team of dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin thought it best to share some important but incredibly simple steps for sanitizing vehicles during these challenging times.
Cars and trucks, though we attempt to clean them often, can be home to a whole lot of dirt, germs and bacteria and especially the steering wheel of all components. A vehicle steering wheel carries a wide range of germs and bacteria as do the door handles, seat belts, touch pads and cup holders to name a few. Each of these vehicle components is touched and used often paving the way for a variety of germs, bacteria and dirt. Now more than ever before, with the current Covid pandemic, our professional team thought the timing is perfect to offer our valued clients some very useful tips they can use for sanitizing vehicles and making their vehicles safe.
WHY SANITIZE YOUR VEHICLE
Sanitizing vehicles is a whole lot different than just giving it a typical cleaning. Now more than ever it is important to keep all types of germs and bacteria off of your many car parts and components that you touch often. Though many of us dedicate a lot of time to cleaning, washing and sanitizing our every belonging during this pandemic, cleaning and sanitizing your vehicle probably has not come in at the top of your cleaning list. People spend a great deal of time in their trucks and cars which is why it is so important to keep them clean and sanitized. In our efforts to stop the spread of bacteria and viruses and other types of germs as well, we should all give attention to these simple steps for sanitizing vehicles.
SIMPLE METHODS YOU CAN FOLLOW TO SANITIZE YOUR TRUCK OR CAR
- Eliminate mold and dust – Unlike open spaces, your vehicle is a closed environment which means the chances of bacteria and germs growing inside are greatly enhanced. By vacuuming, you can remove most of the dirt and dust particles from the interior of your vehicle. In addition, cleaning away any larger debris you may have accumulated in your vehicle will help to minimize and even eliminate dirt, dust and mold.
- Replace or clean the cabin air filter – As many of us know, the cabin air filter is accountable for cleaning the inside atmosphere in your vehicle. It is important to change out the air filter at minimum every 6 months in your efforts to maintain clean, breathable air in your car or truck. If you notice that the air is not cool enough in your vehicle, or if it has an unpleasant smell, chances are that moldy air is being circulated in the vehicle. A dirty air filter easily distributes bacteria and germs in your vehicle from your vehicle’s air conditioning system, so be sure to change out the cabin air filter regularly.
- Clean the upholstery – Dirt, dust, germs and even mold at times, can collect on your vehicle’s upholstery. Be sure to clean the upholstery with a microfiber cloth or even with a small gentler vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dust and particles.
- Practice using disinfectants that are safe – There are a good number of quality disinfectants on the market today that are safe for use on the surface of your vehicles, especially those surfaces that you are constantly touching. Such components as the steering wheel, armrest, gear stick, touchscreen, door handles, seat belts and mirrors, should be cleaned and sanitized routinely. The chances of germs and other bacteria building up can be greatly reduced and even eliminated when you regularly clean these often-touched components.
- Don’t forget the car wash – The exterior of your vehicle should be washed often as well. By running your car or truck through a car wash you will not only obtain a shiny, like new look, but you will also decontaminate and properly sanitize the exterior surface of your vehicle as well.
THE TRUSTED SPECIALISTS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are steadfast in our commitment to only provide the highest quality automotive products and services to all our valued clients. In addition, during these trying times, we are also focused on educating our clients on the best ways to stay safe in their vehicles. For more information on proper steps you can take for sanitizing vehicles, or to schedule your automotive repairs or services, be sure to reach out to the friendly technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today.
When driving if you ever have a small collision, hit the edge of a pothole, hit a curb, or go over speed bumps too quickly you can easily cause the sidewalls of your tires to bulge or bubble. If you ever notice that your tires are not smooth and round, but rather you have a tire with a bubble or bulge, be sure to stop driving immediately. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take some time to explain tread bulging or tire bubbles and their hazards to all our valued clients.
A tire that has a bubble or a section of tread bulging is not safe to drive on. When the fabric of the inner tire bubbles, it can no longer provide the protection your tire needs from bursting. The most common area where bubbles occur is in the sidewall. However, they can also form in specific areas that have worn out thin rubber. Driving on a tire with a bubble is extremely dangerous and the odds of a blow out are very high. When you take note of a bubble, it is important to get the tire replaced quickly. The more moisture and air that seeps into the tire, the larger the bubble will become and the greater the danger is.
WAYS TO PREVENT TIRE BUBBLES
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips on how to prevent tire bubbles from happening. Prevention is by far the best cure of all. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Steer clear of potholes – Potholes are one of the prime sources for tire bubbles. Whenever possible, avoid hitting potholes by steering away from them safely.
- Engage in careful driving – Make it a point not to drive over speed bumps quickly and to be extremely cautious when driving near to curbs and sidewalks and when parking.
- Proper maintenance – Be sure to inspect your tires regularly and take note of any changes in pressure or in structure. Use a tire pressure gauge for checking proper tire pressure routinely.
Always keep in mind that damage that occurs as a result of a tire with a bubble cannot be repaired. The reason being that when a bubble is present, the structural integrity of the tire has been compromised. With that said, it is simply not safe to drive on the tire any longer since its internal structure has been damaged. Instead, suspend all driving and have the tire replaced immediately.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced team of dedicated auto technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Our technicians are on hand to answer all your questions and address any automotive concerns you may have.
With our high marketplace presence, our team of experts is committed to maintaining our high reputation and customer satisfaction rating. We strive to deliver services that are simply unmatched by any of our competitors and that includes any and all services for your vehicle tires.
Whether you are in the market for a new set of tires, need your tires rotated or have a tire with a bubble, rest assured we are the team for you. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals take care of your every need. Summer is here and certainly we all do a whole lot more driving this time of year. With that said, we encourage all our clients to engage in routine inspection of your tires and be sure to have regular oil changes as well. Don’t delay. Come on down to our friendly auto service center today!
The scorching hot summer temperatures can certainly be challenging and unbearable at times. Whether you are off to school, work or any other enjoyable event, the last thing you want to do is arrive at your event all sweaty and uncomfortable. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind all our valued clients to be sure and test your vehicle’s AC system before summer is in full bloom.
When you test your AC system, be sure to avoid doing so on a scorching 90-degree summer day, but rather on a somewhat cool and comfortable day. This will help to ensure that your vehicle’s cooling system is fully operational and performing at peak levels.
VEHICLE AC SYSTEM ISSUES
There are a number of system issues that can occur with your vehicle’s AC system. More times than not, the problem is minor and easily fixable, but every now and again you could find yourself faced with a major system problem. The most common issues are hot air blowing, a musty or stagnant smell or even a rattling noise coming from the AC. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to share some helpful tips for ensuring that your AC system is up to the summer challenge.
USEFUL TIPS TO ENSURE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL AC SYSTEM
The helpful tips we suggest include:
- Testing all the fan speeds to ensure they are all working;
- Put your AC system on the coldest setting you have and ensure that all vents are blowing air out.
- If you notice a stagnant or even foul smell, then it’s time to get your vehicle over to our trusted facility here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- Give focus to any noises or rattling sounds coming from underneath the hood. If you notice a noise, again, be sure to get your vehicle over to our automotive facility to be checked out.
- Be sure there are no system leaks which can cause Freon to escape and allow moisture to find its way into your AC system.
- Be sure that your air filter is changed out since debris can ultimately clog your system.
CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our certified technicians will inspect your system and run your vehicle’s AC system test to ensure that your AC system does not break down or give up this summer. Bring your vehicle down to our trusted automotive shop and let our team of experts inspect your vehicle, test your AC system and provide any additional services you may need. There is no automotive service or repair too big, too small or too complicated for our team of professionals. Summer is here so come on down and let us make certain your AC system is operational and equipped to handle the scorching hot summer temperatures.
Our technicians take pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Whether your vehicle’s AC system needs inspection or is giving you problems, or you have any other automotive repair or service needs, you have definitely come to the right place. Our team is steadfast in our efforts to offer clients affordable, efficient solutions for all your automotive needs. For more information on your AC system, its proper care and maintenance, and how to ensure you will enjoy a cool and comfortable ride all summer long, simply give a shout out to one of our team today. Don’t Delay. Schedule your appointment today!
Summer is about to make its full presence known which means drivers need to take precautions to ensure the overall safety of their families when travelling this summer. From all those exciting trips to the beach, summer concert travels, and even cross-country adventures, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind all our clients to be sure to pack an emergency road kit before heading out on your travels.
Unsuspecting car problems can happen anytime and anywhere which is why it is so important to always be prepared. Our team wants to share some important tips and measures all drivers should take to ensure the safety of all their passengers when travelling. From a sudden breakdown to many a car issue, the challenges can be many and being prepared to handle them is sure to make your travels and your experiences much easier and more enjoyable.
THE PERFECT EMERGENCY ROAD KIT FOR EVERY DRIVER
Travelling with a fully stocked emergency road kit is a surefire way of being prepared to handle the unexpected. There are a variety of essential items you should include in your emergency kit including, but not limited to, the following:
- · Jumper Cables – First and foremost, you want to ensure that you have a quality set of jumper cables in your kit. If you are faced with a dead car battery, it is these reliable cables that are sure to get you up and running again.
- · A Flashlight – If you are faced with an unsuspecting auto problem in the evening hours, there is nothing quite as challenging and even more fearful than being trapped by the side of the road with no flashlight in hand. A flashlight affords you the means to see your evening surroundings and helps you to move about in the dark. In addition to your trusty flashlight, be sure you pack an extra set of batteries in your emergency road kit as well.
- · Flat Tire Assembly and Tools – A flat tire is a common issue for many drivers and can certainly occur at any time and in any location without any warning whatsoever. Having the appropriate tire assembly and the necessary tools on hand is a must do for every driver. A proper tool assembly would include the spare tire itself, a lug wrench and a jack. Be sure you know how to properly change out a flat tire and that you are familiar with how to use all the tools in your tire assembly kit.
- · Reflective Triangles and Hazard Flares – If ever you find yourself experiencing car trouble or any type of a breakdown and want to attempt to resolve the auto issues yourself, be sure you have packed in your emergency road kit reflective triangles and hazard flares. These items are essential to your safety while you work on your vehicle. Further, these items are important should you elect to call for roadside assistance. The reflective components should be displayed on the road while you sit in waiting for your roadside assistance to arrive.
- · Other Important Items to Pack – Other miscellaneous items you want to include in your emergency kit are those of bottled water, snacks that are non-perishable, a first aid kit and even a blanket and coat.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Summer is right around the corner now and if you are planning on travelling a bit this summer the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommend you take every precaution you can. Certainly, you don’t want your summer travels and fun to be hindered by automotive issues, which is why we suggest that all our clients travel with the perfect emergency road kit. We want you to also keep in mind that if you are in need of any type of auto services or repairs, be sure to look to the professional team of certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and hope all our clients and their families have a safe and enjoyable summer season ahead!
Now that spring is in full bloom and summer right around the corner, drivers need to give some focus to wet weather driving that often occurs during the May and June rainy months. When accidents do occur, most individuals tend to lay blame with the weather itself rather than their lack of attention and focus to the conditions at hand. Rainy wet roads and highways are familiar driving hazards that drivers can easily and effectively prepare for by thinking ahead, being patient and staying focused. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple, but important tips to help you when driving in wet weather conditions.
TIPS TO HELP YOU HANDLE WET WEATHER DRIVING
For the most part, the failure of a driver to respond appropriately to the hazardous weather conditions and to the many risks that are affiliated with those conditions, is more times than not the primary cause of many accidents that occur when drivers find themselves faced with the challenge.
- Various weather conditions, whether rain, snow, ice or hail, have a direct impact on your visibility, traction and your ability to properly control your vehicle. When driving in any type of wet weather, it is important to recognize that every vehicle needs to have greater distance and space between them in the driver’s efforts to maintain consistent control. When you are driving in conditions that present with reduced traction, it is best to allow an additional distance of at least double the normal amount of space you would allow in dry weather conditions so as to be able to deal with and handle the current driving conditions.
- Further to your ability to drive safely in wet weather is the simple fact that your tires need to be in tip top shape since the contact they have with the roadway is critical to your ride. If your tires do not have sufficient treads, they will be unable to move the water away from your tires and will ultimately cause your vehicle to hydroplane. Hydroplaning typically occurs when your tires have a minimized grip capability because of the water buildup between the roadway and your tires. With that said, it is important you keep a close watch on your tire tread depths and the overall health and safety of your tires.
- You also want to be sure to check your windshield wiper blades regularly and certainly in advance of any wet weather driving you may have to do. Remember, when purchasing wiper blades, you absolutely get what you pay for so investing a little bit of money on premium windshield wipers is sure to be a benefit you’ll appreciate over and over again.
- Be sure to maintain a safe speed when driving in the rain or other wet weather and make always turn your lights on when driving as well. Fog lights can be especially helpful when driving in hazardous wet weather conditions.
- Finally, wet weather driving requires drivers to engage in gentle use of their steering, brakes, clutch and accelerator in their efforts to minimize errors, accidents and/or emergencies. Bottom line – take it easy when you are driving in any type of wet weather conditions.
THE AUTOMOTIVE TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we are committed to the well-being and safety of all our valued clients which is why we wanted to share these wet weather driving tips with you. If you have any questions about hazardous driving conditions and the risks, feel free to reach out to our friendly, certified professionals. Our team looks forward to serving you and to providing you with the highest quality automotive services and repairs this side of Franklin. Don’t delay. Schedule your appointment today!
Well, summer has finally arrived. During the warm summer months there tend to be a whole lot more drivers on the road, especially since there is no snow, ice, or slippery conditions to contend with. With that said the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to offer some important tips for safe summer driving.
Families and friends venture out on summer vacations, couples take romantic road trips to lovely destinations, and overall the traffic on the roads and highways in both the cities and rural areas is desperately increased. With that said, there is also an increased risk of traffic accidents during the many summer holidays including Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day because people tend to want to party, travel and enjoy adventures during the holiday seasons. During the summer holidays, as well as the entire summer season, it is very important for drivers of all ages to practice safe driving tips and habits in their efforts to keep themselves, their passengers and their loved ones all safe while traveling.
Here are some simple, practical and safe summer driving tips for everyone to follow:
- Pay close attention to various summer road conditions – Though there is no snow or ice to contend with in the summer time, but rather warm, comfortable weather and lots of sunny skies, during the summer months there are a variety of other road conditions you need be aware of. Hot temperatures and overly dry atmospheres can contribute to cracks in the roadways that can disrupt your safety while driving. Be on the lookout for tricky road conditions. In addition, during the summer months and in the late afternoons, the sun typically causes visibility issues when driving, be prepared by keeping a good pair of sunglasses on hand in your vehicle.
- Don’t be sidetracked by distractions – Carpooling with co-workers, taking road trips with loved ones or heading out on family vacations can certainly make summer a whole lot more fun. However, when travelling with passengers you have an increased risk of distractions while driving. Whether conversations, excessive laughing, passing food and drinks, or using a cell phone, the number of distractions while driving are many. With that said, be sure to instruct your passengers to avoid distracting you while driving so as to ensure the safety of all your passengers. Passengers should avoid making sudden loud noises or outbursts or showing you that funny post on Facebook. Your full attention, when driving, should always be on the road ahead and safety should be at the top of your priority list.
- Always drive defensively – When driving you should always keep a good distance behind the car in front of you and never tailgate. Be aware of other drivers on the road and always, but always use your proper signals. You also want to be mindful of all the traffic around you and always adhere to the speed limits. Practicing defensive driving will afford you the opportunity to keep yourself and your passengers safe and out of harms way.
We hope you find these safe summer driving tips useful. Remember, should you find yourself in need of automotive repairs or routine automotive services, then surely we are the team for you. The highly experienced technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are committed to the satisfaction and safety of all our valued clients.
Summer is finally here, so don’t forget to have your AC system checked, your brakes adjusted, and even your windshield wipers replaced before you start enjoying all that summer driving. We look forward to serving you and to providing the highest quality automotive services this side of Franklin, season after season, year after year. With summer now upon us, we send along wishes for a safe and enjoyable summer and ask you to be mindful of our safe summer driving tips!
Many drivers are completely unaware of the fact that they may be driving a vehicle that is in need of a brakes installation. For those drivers who possess the proper insight and knowledge to recognize when their brakes are failing, scheduling the install of new brakes comes naturally. However, the majority of drivers are entirely unaware of the signs that outwardly indicate it is time to install new brakes.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
There is a wide range of automotive shops and facilities where vehicles can be repaired and serviced. Choosing the best automotive service provider to meet with your personal needs can be quite challenging and indeed confusing to many people. With that said, the team of highly skilled and experienced automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin take a great deal of pride in providing not only the highest quality automotive parts, repairs and services, but also in providing our valued clients with the knowledge and insight they need to understand various automotive services.
Our team is steadfast in meeting the personal needs of all our clients and in providing all the automotive repairs and services needed, including new brakes installations. Having been recognized in the industry time and time again for our top-rated services and performance, our team is committed to maintaining this very presence in the marketplace by continuing to meet customer needs at the highest levels.
If you are unaware of the warning signs that your vehicle may be in need of new brakes, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to provide you with some of the most common warning signs you can look out for. If you find yourself faced with any of the warning signs below, don’t delay. Reach out to our team of expert technicians today. Common warning signs include:
- An auto accident that you have been involved in as a result of failed brakes or perhaps the avoidance of a near auto accident as a result of slowly responding vehicle brakes.
- The presence of loud squeaking or screeching sounds when you apply your brakes.
- A warning light that appears on your dash, indicating that you have an existing problem with your current braking system.
- If you have driven your vehicle for more than 28,000 miles without having a brakes installation chances are now may be the ideal time to invest in those new brakes.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION EACH TIME, EVERY TIME
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled, certified and licensed automotive technicians and specialists are committed to meeting the personal needs of all our valued clients. We take pride in our state of the art products, services, and repairs and in our dedicated team of professionals who are on hand to meet your every automotive need. Our team and facility prides ourselves on our visible marketplace presence and strive to maintain our industry recognition by delivering only the best all round automotive products and services. We are proud of our attractive turnaround times and our competitive, affordable prices and especially proud of our talented team of automotive specialists. With that said, if you are in need of a brakes installation for your vehicle, be sure to reach out to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, who offers both quick and efficient brake repairs, services and complete installations for all our valued Franklin clients and those in the adjacent towns as well. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with all your personal automotive repairs and services today and every day!
One of the more common, puzzling questions for many vehicle owners is the simple concern about when to change their windshield wipers on their car or truck. Many windshield wiper manufacturers highly recommend that wiper blades are changed at least twice per year on all vehicles. Though quite simple and practical advice, the truth is that there is no specific timeline for the lifespan of your wipers but rather upgrading or changing them is dependent upon the various conditions your vehicle encounters during the year and on the amount of wear and tear they experience.
When to Change Your Windshield Wipers
Depending upon the amount of wear and tear your wipers have seen and the various weather conditions they have faced, timelines for changing your windshield wipers will vary. If you live in locations where there is little to no rain, then your wipers are apt to last at least 6 months, if not longer. Without the presence of harsh weather conditions and especially in cooler climates, your wipers may very well not need to be changed but once per year or even once every two years.
If you live in an area that experiences a whole lot of rain or snow or in an area where it is extremely hot year-round or if you house your vehicle outdoors during extremely hot temperatures, there is a good chance you will need to replace your wipers every 6 months. It is important that you also change your rear wipers at the same time you change the front wipers in your efforts to maintain a consistent and accurate maintenance schedule for your vehicle wipers.
Signs That It’s Time to Change Your Wipers
At Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians are on hand to provide you with all your vehicle maintenance and care needs. If you are not certain whether or not your blades need replacing, don’t fret. Simply bring the vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our techs take a look.
The Professionals You Can Trust
When you rely upon the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Whether you are in need of wiper blades, repairs or routine automotive services, we are the team for you. Our team of dedicated professionals takes a great deal of pride in our top-rated customer service and customer satisfaction rating, which is why we are steadfast in meeting all the needs of our clients in timelines that are accommodating to their individual needs. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our clients and their safety are our number one priority. There is nothing as important to us than the overall safety and well-being of all our valued clients which is why our team of automotive experts give focus to all your vehicle needs.
If you are in need of emergency automotive repairs, typical repair services, common automotive services or even a change of your vehicle windshield wipers, then surely you have come to the right place. The professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin look forward to serving you and to providing you with the highest quality and affordable automotive services this side of Franklin whether winter, spring, summer or fall. Don’t delay in contacting our team today. With the holiday season now upon us, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to send along wishes for a very safe and happy holiday season to all our valued clients and their families from our house to yours!
We all experience a wide range of climate changes with weather conditions in the summer months being warm and temperatures in the winter months being much colder. Here in the south our summers are typically very hot and the humidity levels high, whereas in the northwest the summers are warm with very cool and comfortable morning and evening temperatures. In the northern portion of the country the winters are extremely cold with mountains of snow, ice and below zero temperatures, while here in Tennessee and the south altogether the winters are quite mild. Regardless of where you live, however, the outdoor temperatures impact tires, whether winter, spring, summer or fall. Read More
With fall almost here, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin have some very important tips to offer our valued clients about safe fall driving. When the season changes driving conditions change as well. There are specific dangers that come into play that drivers should be on the lookout for when driving in the fall months. The tips we have here for you are meant to help our clients know just what to look for this fall when driving. Read More