The last thing any driver wants to see is that horrifying check engine light appear on the dashboard of their car. Not only is it scary but every bit mysterious as can be. This very frightful light is designed specifically to alert a driver when there is some type of issue with the proper operation of their vehicle. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to share some insight on just what to do when this mysterious, scary light comes on.
What Does It Mean?
The check engine light can mean a number of things from a serious repair that should be performed immediately to something as simple as a loose gas cap. Whatever the source may be, and right out of the gate, the source is unknown, you want to be sure not to guess at what the issue is and put the safety of your vehicle, yourself and any passengers in jeopardy. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our clients are always our number one priority which is why we want to share this important information with you so you have some awareness as to what your next step should be when that mysterious light suddenly appears.
What To Do
First and foremost, never ever disregard the light when it appears. Many people panic when they see the light go on and their immediate thoughts are about how to figure out what the problem is followed by thoughts of costly vehicle repair bills. If you fail to give attention to the check engine light when it comes on you may find yourself faced with far more serious problems down the road. Further, neglecting this dashboard light can be extremely dangerous and unsafe for both the vehicle and its passengers.
When the light first comes on, we suggest you start by checking out the simple potential sources such as your gas cap. If you have recently pumped gas and the cap is not tightened, this can sometimes trigger the light to go on. Hopefully, this will be the source of your problem and simply tightening the gap will solve the issue at hand.
If after tightening the gas cap the light remains on, then there are a few additional steps you can take. If you happen to own a code and error reader, insert the device into the port and let it identify the error code for you. This would be the ideal and easy way of analyzing and identifying the source of the dashboard light. If, however, you do not own a code reader, then we first want you to understand that a check engine light often times indicates a problem with a specific circuit in your vehicle and not always represents a malfunction of a vehicle component. In order to determine the root source of the dashboard light, we highly recommend you bring your vehicle down to our trusted automotive facility and let our team of experts perform an analysis, assessment and diagnostic testing of your vehicle to determine the cause of the dashboard light.
Our automotive specialists will perform a vehicle inspection and utilize our computer analysis and assessment programs to diagnose your vehicle and identify the problem. We will take every step necessary to identify the exact source of the problem and provide you with the best possible and most affordable fix for the existing problem. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we pride ourselves on our competitive yet affordable prices, our high-quality automotive parts and
services as well as our very attractive turnaround times. We understand full well how important it is for our clients to not be without their vehicles and strive to deliver our superior services in timelines that accommodate our customers’ needs. Our team is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients and to ensure the overall safety of their vehicles and passengers.
If your check engine light comes on, then don’t delay. Reach out to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to get your problem assessed, identified and fixed and your vehicle back out on the road again. For more information about our high-quality services or to schedule an appointment, give a shout out to one of our friendly automotive techs today!
Many car owners are unaware of the ongoing automobile maintenance required to keep their vehicles always operating at peak levels season after season. Maintenance services are many with proper wheel alignment being only one. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take some time to educate our clients on the very importance of this vehicle maintenance task.
What Is a Wheel Alignment?
It is important that vehicle owners ensure that their vehicle wheels are properly aligned in order to improve both the lifespan of the tires as well as their overall performance. Vehicle wheels often times, especially after hitting potholes and all sorts of bumps in the roads, become misaligned. Keeping this in mind, it is ever so important to maintain the proper alignment of your wheels to ensure optimal performance.
A wheel alignment refers to the angle of your vehicle’s wheels in conjunction with one another and with the structural body of your car. To perform a necessary alignment, the vehicle’s suspension must be adjusted. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we use only state of the art technology to determine how much of an adjustment is needed and to ensure the adjustment is performed accordingly.
Warning Signs That Your Wheels Are Misaligned
The angle of your vehicle’s wheels will, over time, become skewed and cause a number of changes to your overall driving experience. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to share some of those warning signs with you.
· When driving straight forward, your steering wheel is actually off center causing the vehicle to drift in one direction or the other.
· You notice uneven tread wear on your tires. Your tires should be able at all times to meet the road surface below precisely. If the treads are unevenly worn on your tires, then the perfect angles needed to ensure the even tire wear are missing. You certainly don’t want to buy tires more often than necessary, so a proper wheel alignment is essential.
· Your vehicle continuously pulls to the left or right. When your wheels are parallel with one another while perpendicular with the surface below your car will handle properly. However, when your wheels are misaligned, your vehicle is unable to perform and handle the way it should and may tend to pull left or right.
· Lack of fuel efficiency. You may find yourself paying a whole lot more at the pump if you have misaligned wheels on your vehicle. So, taking time out to properly align your wheels will certainly help your wallet in the long run.
If you notice any of these warning signs, be sure to give a shout out to one of our highly skilled and experienced team members to discuss your concerns and schedule your wheel alignment at our trusted facility.
Ensuring proper wheel alignment of your vehicle helps to avoid any unnecessary wear on your vehicle’s steering, suspension, tires or brakes. With proper alignment you will enjoy optimized performance as well as stability and tire life. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. We take pride in our high-quality automotive services, our competitive yet affordable prices, and our willingness to always go the extra mile. For all your automotive needs in Franklin and the surrounding towns, be sure to look to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin where our clients are always our number one priority. The Christmas season will soon be upon us, so we want to send along wishes from our little family to yours for a very happy and safe holiday season ahead!
We all heavily rely upon our cars each and every day and rely upon the safety of our vehicles as well. The health of your car is very important and should be maintained routinely in order to avoid automotive problems from occurring. Further, routine maintenance of your vehicle contributes to the overall safety of your car and your passengers. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind our valued clients of the importance of scheduling a routine car checkup.
How Often to Schedule Your Car’s Checkup
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we take a great deal of pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We are committed to meeting the individual needs of all our clients and to providing the best all round customer service to each and every one of our clients. We want our clients to understand the importance of a routine car checkup and want to share with you a maintenance schedule that is sure to help you keep your car up and running smoothly all year round.
Adhering to this simple schedule will help you to avoid expensive car repairs, headaches and a whole lot of frustration. Our team of highly experienced automotive techs stands ready to meet your every need.
- Monthly service – We highly recommend that you check your oil levels at least once per month. Be sure, if necessary, to add oil, coolant or antifreeze if the levels are low. It is important to have them topped off and surely our techs are on hand to do just that. We also suggest you check the ground where you regularly park your vehicle to inspect for any leaks or drips. Further, on a monthly basis, check your hoses to ensure that they are not brittle or bulging and need replacement. Also, check your belts looking to see if they are glazed or frayed at all. If so, get on down to our facility so we can replace them for you.You should also check your tires on a monthly basis looking for poor treads, uneven wear or low pressure. If you detect any of these problems, it may be time for new tires. Finally, take a quick peek at your air filter monthly ensuring that you can still see light shining through it. If, however, you cannot, then don’t delay. Replace it.
- Quarterly service – First and foremost, oil and most oil filters should be changed about every 3000-4000 miles. Windshield washer fluid, transmission fluid and steering fluid should be inspected every quarter as well to avoid low levels. You should also check your battery cables and terminals quarterly and clean them off if you notice any corrosion has occurred. Finally, every three months check all the lights on your vehicle to ensure that they are all working efficiently and properly.
- Bi-annual service – To avoid severe, long-term damage occurring to your car, it is important to embark on these 6-month service checks. Begin by checking out your shocks for any type of oil leaks or seepage as well as your exhaust system looking out for any loose parts, rust or corrosion. You also want to test your horn, check the health of your windshield wiper blades and check out your spare tire to be sure it is still inflated.
There You Have It
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our clients and their safety are our number one priority. If you follow this simple schedule that we have provided here for you, your car is sure to stay in tip top shape and on the road all year round. Performing a car checkup, whether it’s monthly, quarterly or bi-annual is a surefire way of preventing any major car problems from occurring. As we know, major car repairs can be quite costly and can leave us without the use of our cars for an extended period of time. With that thought in mind, be sure to schedule your routine service appointments with our dedicated team today. For all your automotive needs, trust the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than happy you did!
As a vehicle owner, it is critical to understand the importance of preventative vehicle maintenance. Preventative maintenance is the overall key to avoiding costly automotive problems from occurring when they are least expected. Rather than have serious automotive problems come up that require you to pay hefty amounts of money all at once, practicing routine preventative maintenance on your vehicle will instead incur minimal costs 3 or 4 times per year while ensuring that your vehicle is operating at peak levels as needed.
When you engage in regular maintenance services from the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin you reduce your overall risk of incurring costly automotive repairs or vehicle breakdowns, leaving you stranded without a much-needed vehicle. Our team is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality products and services this side of Tennessee. With that said, we want to share with you some important, yet basic preventative vehicle maintenance services that will help you to ensure that your vehicle is on track to get you everywhere you need to be at all the right times.
BASIC YET IMPORTANT VEHICLE MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Proper care and maintenance of your vehicle is a whole lot easier and effective when you put your trust into the team of highly skilled and experienced automotive techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Our team of dedicated professionals is on hand to help with all your automotive needs. From oil changes and tire rotations, to brake installations and engine tune-ups, we have got you covered.
Some of the most common maintenance services that need to be performed routinely on your vehicle include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oil changes
- Filter changes, including air filters and fuel filters
- Replacement of spark plugs
- Fluid checks and refills as needed
- Engine tune-up
- Tire checks and tire replacements
- Check engine light or other dashboard lights
- Brake installs and services
- Wheel alignment
- Replacement of lights and other automotive parts
Your vehicle is one of the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime. It plays a significant role in your everyday life and surely the majority of us cannot survive without a vehicle. With that said, our team wants to remind our valued clients that in order to protect your investment it is important to schedule routine basic vehicle maintenance with our highly reputable automotive team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Our team is equipped to handle all your vehicle needs, no matter how big or how small your maintenance or repair issue may be. Our dedicated team makes
automotive care and maintenance easy and quick and has been recognized time and time again in the community and marketplace as one of the best all-around automotive teams here in Franklin.
THE RELIABLE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we understand full well the importance of having a properly maintained and properly running vehicle day to day. Our team of certified auto techs is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients with top-rated automotive repairs and services at prices that are affordable and in timelines that meet with their personal needs.
For all your vehicle maintenance service needs, be sure to reach out to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Summer is here and you are sure to be doing a whole lot more driving, whether on weekend escapes or even long summer vacations. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to ensure the overall safety of you and your family with every bit of driving and roadway travelling you do. Don’t delay. Call and schedule your routine maintenance today!
Proper car care and maintenance is essential to the overall safety of a vehicle as well as its extended lifespan. There are so many automotive tasks and services that are needed to ensure the safety of your vehicle and surely understanding the difference between a wheel alignment and wheel balancing can help.
SIGNS THAT THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR WHEEL BALANCING
Much like everything else in life, the tires on our vehicles, after all the driving on various road surfaces, can begin to wear and present with problems. When your vehicle has sustained any type of damages that have not been repaired, for instance, the wheel balance can be off. If you have a missing rim on one of your tires, again the wheel balance can be off as a result of bumps and vibrations that occur from the mismatched weight of the tire to the missing rim. In addition, the top portion of a tire may very well weigh more or less than the bottom portion which can result in rotations that are uneven. Much the same occurs when one wheel weighs entirely more than another. Each of these scenarios can certainly present with a rather unsafe and uncomfortable ride.
When your wheels are not balanced the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stands ready to meet your automotive needs. The imperfections and problems we have listed above occur often, but avoiding costly tire or wheel replacements is your best option. When you are driving and hear a thumping or bumping tire, or perhaps you can feel a difference in your steering wheel, don’t delay in bringing your vehicle to our trusted team. Our certified mechanics can perform an inspection of your wheels by installing weights that will counterbalance any spots that are off. Be sure to head on over to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin for all your wheel balancing and other automotive needs.
SIGNS THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT
We all know full well how difficult and damaging road surfaces can be. From huge potholes and road debris to even simple curbs, anything and everything can throw off your wheel alignment. When one wheel suffers an impact of any kind it can quickly change its current position, causing a very scary and unsafe situation. Misaligned wheels make it very dangerous to drive your vehicle since it will tend to sway in one direction only. In addition, misaligned wheels can also cause damage to other vehicle parts and have a negative impact on fuel efficiency as well.
The team of licensed mechanics here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is on hand to take care of all your wheel alignment issues. If you get into your vehicle and notice that the steering wheel is not straight, or perhaps when the steering wheel is straight the vehicle tends to drift, you will definitely need to reach out to our team. Our professional technicians are equipped with all the state-of-the-art tools needed to correct and perfect the angles on your wheels. Our top-rated wheel alignment services ensure that every wheel on your vehicle is parallel to all the others as well as perpendicular to the surface of the road. Proper alignments are necessary to allow your tires to grip the road surface and provide smooth and even efficient roadway and highway driving.
TRUST OUR TEAM
The professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are steadfast in our commitment to provide only the highest quality and affordable automotive services to all our valued clients. Whether you are in need of wheel balancing or a wheel alignment, or any other automotive services, we are the team for you. Be sure to reach out to one of our staff and schedule your automotive service appointment today!
There are some specific car noises that no driver wants to hear because they typically mean there is a problem with your vehicle and often times is costly to repair. Most drivers are very familiar with their cars and can easily detect a noise that can potentially become a problem over time. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to familiarize our valued clients with some of the most common noises that indicate that there may be some type of trouble brewing.
CAR NOISES YOU SHOULD NEVER IGNORE
- One of the first noises you want to give attention to is that of a sound much like a coin that is bouncing around in your clothes dryer. If you happen to hear this little bit of rattling coming from inside your wheels when driving at slower speeds but it disappears once you accelerate faster, there is a good chance that you have a loose lug nut shifting around inside one of your hub caps. It is probably the result of your wheel not being properly tightened the last time it was removed. Be sure to get on down to our trusted facility ASAP should you hear this rattling sound.
- The next sound to raise concern is that of grinding or squealing brakes. When you hear a squealing sound it typically means that your brake shoes or pads are nearing the end of their life expectancy and need to be replaced as soon as possible. If, on the other hand, you hear more of a grinding sound then make it a point to have a mechanic check your brakes immediately because this sound is usually an indicator that your brake pads are so worn down that they are touching metal which can be a very serious and dangerous problem.
- Yet another sound to be on the lookout for is that of a popping or loud clicking sound whenever you turn your vehicle. If you have an all-wheel or front-wheel drive vehicle this sound when making a turn usually means that the CV joints on the front axle of the vehicle need to be replaced. Be sure to get to a mechanic as soon as possible.
- If you hear a clunking or banging rhythmic sound coming from under your hood, we strongly suggest you get to our shop as quickly as possible. This sound is an indicator that you have a critical problem with either your valves, pistons or connecting rods and is nothing to play around with.
- Finally, if you hear an annoying squealing sound coming from under the hood when you either start up the vehicle or when you accelerate, don’t delay. This usually means that you have worn out or loose accessory belts linked to the power steering pump, the alternator, or even the air conditioner compressor. It could also be attributed to a problem with your serpentine belt as well.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled technicians is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We understand full well how important it is for all our customers to have reliable vehicles that run properly at all times.
If you find yourself faced with any one of these car noises, then surely you have come to the right place. Our technicians stand ready to serve you and are steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. For state-of-the-art automotive services and a team of dedicated experts who strive to deliver the best, and most affordable automotive services, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
When your car dashboard lights all of a sudden come on, surely you are like nearly every other person, you panic wondering what has gone wrong. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we thought we would provide you with three of the most common automotive problems that occur and the ideal solution for each. Read More
Most people can attest to the frustration that goes with a dead or nearly dead car batter in the wintertime. But the big question is, “Why does my car battery always seem to die in the wintertime?”
Well the truth is, there are several reasons for a dead battery, and during the winter there are even a few extra reasons why this happens. Let’s take a look at the most common reasons why you may have a drained or dead car battery this winter so you can try and avoid it! Read More
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to ensure that our clients take ideal care of their vehicles. The best way to avoid any long term costly problems with your vehicle is simply to keep on track with its preventative automotive maintenance schedule. Routine maintenance is vital to the overall performance of your vehicle as well as to its life expectancy. Engaging in routine maintenance provides for optimal driving capabilities and prevents serious automotive issues that can certainly be difficult on your pocketbook. To ensure that you are providing all the necessary routine maintenance for your vehicle, be sure to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual and more specifically with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
It doesn’t matter what type of vehicle you own or the year, make or model of the vehicle, it is critical to perform regular maintenance and put a routine schedule in place. That’s where our highly skilled and trained staff and certified technicians comes in. When servicing your vehicle, we will keep adequate records of all services and repairs performed in our efforts to assist you in maintaining accurate routine maintenance records as needed. Though your owner’s manual presents with the ideal preventative automotive maintenance schedule many car owners find it much easier and comforting to simply consult with our friendly professionals. We will keep you apprised of services needed from changing your oil and filters and replacing driving and timing belts to topping off fluids and replacing brake pads to name a few of our routine services.
Preventative Maintenance Tasks
Our technician specialists are on hand to keep your vehicle in tip top shape by performing necessary maintenance tasks. Some of the typical preventative automotive maintenance services and automotive repairs we provide include the following:
- Inspecting and replacing timing and serpentine belts
- Checking, repairing and replacing batteries and battery connection components
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters as well as engine air filters
- Checking, adjusting and replacing spark plugs and wires
- Tire replacement, rotation and balancing
- Wheel alignments
In addition, we provide full vehicle inspections and diagnostic services on all makes and models and are equipped to handle windshield repairs and replacement as well. We are truly a full service automotive repair center that affords our clients the best in preventative automotive maintenance services this side of Franklin. Our highly skilled and trained technicians stand ready to serve you with your every need. There is truly no repair or service project that is too big or too small for our team. With our high level of commitment and dedication, our team remains steadfast in providing superior products and services to all our valued clients.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin you are our #1 priority which is why we have been billed often as your ‘go to’ place for all your automotive repair and maintenance needs. If you are in need of premier automotive repairs, services, or preventative automotive maintenance then we are the team for you. Take time out now to contact our staff and schedule an appointment today. Spring is here and summer is right around the corner which means that many people will be preparing to do a whole lot of driving and traveling. With that said, we want to ensure the overall functionality of your vehicle and the safety of your family during all those travels.
For more information on the services we provide take a browse through the rest of our website and then give a shout out and schedule your repair or preventative automotive maintenance service appointment today. Don’t delay. Summer is almost here so give our team a call today!!
If you are like so many other car owners, you find yourself confused and perplexed by the variety of dashboard repair lights that come on from time to time. We all share that same initial reaction. OMG what is that light, what’s the problem and how much is it going to cost me to fix it? You definitely are not alone with these thoughts and fears. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take this opportunity to acquaint all our valued clients with the meaning behind those frustrating dashboard repair lights. Some are ever so trivial, where others can certainly be a preliminary warning that a costly repair is on its way. For this reason, we want you to understand full well what your car’s computer is trying to say to you. Read More