Caring For Your Franklin Car in the Cold Weather
When the cold weather strikes, you need to know how to care for your Franklin car. Not only does the cold weather mean harder to start cars, but if there is a light snow or ice possible, then this could cause further problems for the Franklin car that you own. Through the use of these tips, you can not only ensure that your Franklin car stays in great shape, but that you’ll be able to get to where you’re going with ease.
Tips for Cold Weather Franklin Car Care
When the cold weather comes calling, don’t be one of those people that are left without a car that is not able to run, make sure you’re caring for it the way it should be cared for.
- Always make sure to fully wipe off the Franklin car completely. Even if there is a small amount of ice or snow on the vehicle, this can be hazardous to the other drivers on the road.
- Warm the vehicle up before driving to your destination. This will ensure that it has enough time to become warm, to drive easier and to defrost the windows for safety.
- Go through the car wash if salt or sand is used on the roadways to clear the ice. This will ensure that the body does not rust out because of these materials that are commonly used.
- Keep up on any fixes that need to be done to the car. If the brakes need to be replaced, or the vehicle needs an oil change then these are things that should be done to ensure that the car is running as smooth as possible, especially in the winter months.
- Replace old tires that barely have any tread. This can also be dangerous, and with enough tread on the tires, you do not have to worry about slipping and sliding around the road and you can stay straight.
Make sure your vehicle is in tip-top shape when it comes to the colder winter months. Of course, some of these tips you might never have to use, and others might come in handy if you ever decide to go more north where snow, ice and sleet are possibilities.
If you need work done on your Franklin car, or you want additional winter tips, contact us here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, and we can ensure that you’re ready to go when the time comes.