Gas prices have risen a great deal over the last couple of years. With that said, understanding how to improve your gas mileage can certainly help you save money and enjoy driving more. Surely, driving less will help you to reduce your gasoline costs, but that is not a truly practical solution. We all need to drive, whether for work or personal life, every day, and purchasing gasoline is necessary to get us where we need to go.
Improve Your Gas Mileage
There are a number of options to help you increase the mileage you get with a gallon of gas. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some helpful insight on how you can do just that.
- Accelerating and Braking – There is probably nothing that wastes more gas in your vehicle than constantly stepping on the brakes and then accelerating. It is important to avoid sudden accelerations. If you slow down your speed and travel at a consistent lower speed, you will be able to brake the vehicle easier and only when necessary. Travelling slower allows you to gradually apply your brakes rather than abruptly applying them and using a good deal of gas.
- Minimize run time – Another way to increase gas mileage is to minimize the amount of time that your vehicle sits and runs when warming it up or cooling it down. Even though your vehicle may be cold during the cold weather months or extremely hot during the scorching summer months, you can save on gas by turning the air conditioner or heat on when you begin your drive. Don’t leave it running in advance because this wastes gas.
- Lighten the load – Lightening the load your vehicle is carrying will absolutely contribute to lower gas consumption and help to increase your savings. Often times, people put heavy objects in the trunk of their cars, especially during the winter months to help with traction, and fail to remove them during the warmer weather. Be sure to remove any heavy objects and lighten the load in your trunk in your efforts to save on gasoline and increase mileage.
- Proper tire pressure – When the tires on your vehicle do not have adequate tire pressure, they can produce more of a drag against the road surface. When this happens the amount of gas used is increased. With that said, make certain your tires always have appropriate tire pressures. You should also have routine tune ups, change out filters regularly and have your wheels properly aligned. All will help to increase gas mileage and help you to save money.
- Wind resistance – We all love driving around with the windows down and the sunroof open but the truth is that the wind resistance increases the amount of gasoline you are using. If saving on gas is your goal, then this simple approach can help you do just that.
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is steadfast in meeting the individual needs of all our clients. We want our clients to understand that simple routine maintenance goes a long way not only for saving gas and money, but for extending the lifespan of your vehicle. Sharing this information with you will help you to save on the cost of gas while increasing your gas mileage. For all your automotive needs, put your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in our high-quality products and services, our affordable prices and in helping our clients ensure the overall integrity and safety of their vehicles. We look forward to serving you and to keeping your vehicle up and running all year round.
I think we would all agree that a vehicle is one of the biggest investments we will make in a lifetime. With that said, it is important to protect our investment and ensure its proper operation and take steps necessary to enhance its lifespan as well. A vehicle requires routine care and maintenance in order to provide you with continued use and high-quality performance. That’s where the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin comes in. Our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive techs are committed to providing only the best all round Franklin automotive services to all our valued clients.
Services That Can’t Be Beat
There is a wide range of services that can be performed on any vehicle. Routine care and maintenance, such as regular oil changes, help to ensure the functionality and performance of your vehicle. There are a variety of other services, from tune-ups, brake jobs, cooling and heating system repairs to tire replacements, alignments, headlight repairs and diagnostic testing, that can and should be performed on all types of vehicles.
No matter how small or complex your vehicle service needs may be, rest assured our team of friendly, skilled technicians has got you covered. We understand full well that you are in need of your vehicle and pride ourselves on our top-of-the-line services as well as our efforts to accommodate the scheduling needs of our clients.
Our full-service automotive facility is operated by licensed automotive technicians, specialists and highly trained managers. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we pride ourselves on our superior Franklin automotive services and are steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. We offer high-quality parts and products as well as competitive but affordable prices.
Our team ensures that all our customers have the confidence and peace of mind they need knowing that their vehicle is in the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our clients are always our number one priority and our high customer service and customer satisfaction ratings are a true testament to that fact.
Your Satisfaction and Happiness is Guaranteed
The services we provide far exceed the expectations of our clients and will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. From affordable prices and high-quality parts, to a friendly team and attractive turnaround times, we offer it all. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the absolute best automotive service centers in the region, our team of technicians is determined to maintain that very presence by continuing to provide only the highest quality services.
We promise every client that their vehicle will be treated with the utmost care and attention from the very moment you drive it into the bay until you drive it out again. Rest assured our team will have you and your vehicle out on the road again in no time at all. We are truly steadfast in our commitment to always go the extra mile for our clients and ensure their overall satisfaction.
To Sum It Up
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we strive to deliver parts and services that serve our clients best and are committed to meeting their every need. Our licensed technicians are on hand to answer any questions you may have or discuss any concerns you have about your vehicle. We want all our clients to feel at home in our facility and are confident that most, if not all, do. For more information about our highly reputable and trusted Franklin automotive services, or to schedule a service appointment, give a shout out to one of our technicians today. We look forward to serving you and to ensuring the overall safety and high performance of your vehicle season after season. Come on down to our friendly facility today and take advantage of our automotive specials and discounts. You’ll be more than glad you did!
In today’s world, cars are all computer controlled. Computers actually control everything in your vehicle from valve and ignition timing and fuel consumption to all those infamous dashboard lights. However, controlling and monitoring the spark plugs and wires in your vehicle as well as air and fuel filters and PCV valves are all parts that must be manually examined and replaced by qualified technicians. These very components are part of a typical automobile tune up. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly trained automotive techs takes pride in providing the highest quality parts and services to all our valued Franklin clients and those in the adjacent towns as well.
Knowing When a Tune Up Is Needed
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to provide insight to all our clients on when it is necessary to perform a vehicle tune up. Most vehicles today require this service to be performed based primarily upon the vehicle’s mileage. There are designated manufacturer mileage-based timelines that help vehicle owners to know when specific parts or components need to be replaced and when specific preventative maintenance services should be performed. These preventative services help to minimize or avoid the failure of car parts and causing vehicle owners to be faced with unsuspecting automobile problems. Here we share some of those preventative services that should be performed in your efforts to ensure the continued functionality and operation of your vehicle. Services include:
- Oil and filter replacements at 3000-5000 miles. At your typical oil change, technicians will also inspect your air filter, top off all your fluids and check that tire pressures are all accurate.
- Wiper blade inspection and replacement at 7000 miles.
- Fuel filter and cabin air filter replacements at approximately 15,000 miles.
- Automatic transmission fluid and transmission filter changes at 30,000 miles. At the 30,000-mile marker you also want to perform service to the fuel injection and also have the cooling system in your vehicle flushed.
- Differential fluids, manual transmission fluids, as well as fluids for power steering, transfer case, and brakes should all be replaced at the 50,000-mile marker.
- Finally, it is recommended that the PCV valve along with spark plugs and wires, as well as the timing belt are all replaced at 60,000 miles.
To Sum It Up
At Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of licensed and certified automotive technicians is steadfast in their commitment to providing only the highest quality automotive parts and services to all our valued clients at prices that are truly affordable. We take pride in our simple mission statement of 100% customer satisfaction and strive to maintain our reputable position in the marketplace as a result of our unmatched services and our competitive but affordable prices.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our customers are always our number one priority. With that said, we stand ready to meet the individual needs of all our clients and to do so in timelines that are accommodating to their schedules. If you are in need of a vehicle tune up or any other automotive services, or want to learn more about our services, then rest assured our team of experts has got you covered. Give a shout out to one of our staff today to schedule your service appointment. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with quality parts and services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. For all your automotive worries and needs, put your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Come on down to our trusted facility today. You’ll be more than glad you did!
The last thing any driver wants to see is that horrifying check engine light appear on the dashboard of their car. Not only is it scary but every bit mysterious as can be. This very frightful light is designed specifically to alert a driver when there is some type of issue with the proper operation of their vehicle. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to share some insight on just what to do when this mysterious, scary light comes on.
What Does It Mean?
The check engine light can mean a number of things from a serious repair that should be performed immediately to something as simple as a loose gas cap. Whatever the source may be, and right out of the gate, the source is unknown, you want to be sure not to guess at what the issue is and put the safety of your vehicle, yourself and any passengers in jeopardy. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our clients are always our number one priority which is why we want to share this important information with you so you have some awareness as to what your next step should be when that mysterious light suddenly appears.
What To Do
First and foremost, never ever disregard the light when it appears. Many people panic when they see the light go on and their immediate thoughts are about how to figure out what the problem is followed by thoughts of costly vehicle repair bills. If you fail to give attention to the check engine light when it comes on you may find yourself faced with far more serious problems down the road. Further, neglecting this dashboard light can be extremely dangerous and unsafe for both the vehicle and its passengers.
When the light first comes on, we suggest you start by checking out the simple potential sources such as your gas cap. If you have recently pumped gas and the cap is not tightened, this can sometimes trigger the light to go on. Hopefully, this will be the source of your problem and simply tightening the gap will solve the issue at hand.
If after tightening the gas cap the light remains on, then there are a few additional steps you can take. If you happen to own a code and error reader, insert the device into the port and let it identify the error code for you. This would be the ideal and easy way of analyzing and identifying the source of the dashboard light. If, however, you do not own a code reader, then we first want you to understand that a check engine light often times indicates a problem with a specific circuit in your vehicle and not always represents a malfunction of a vehicle component. In order to determine the root source of the dashboard light, we highly recommend you bring your vehicle down to our trusted automotive facility and let our team of experts perform an analysis, assessment and diagnostic testing of your vehicle to determine the cause of the dashboard light.
Our automotive specialists will perform a vehicle inspection and utilize our computer analysis and assessment programs to diagnose your vehicle and identify the problem. We will take every step necessary to identify the exact source of the problem and provide you with the best possible and most affordable fix for the existing problem. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we pride ourselves on our competitive yet affordable prices, our high-quality automotive parts and
services as well as our very attractive turnaround times. We understand full well how important it is for our clients to not be without their vehicles and strive to deliver our superior services in timelines that accommodate our customers’ needs. Our team is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients and to ensure the overall safety of their vehicles and passengers.
If your check engine light comes on, then don’t delay. Reach out to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to get your problem assessed, identified and fixed and your vehicle back out on the road again. For more information about our high-quality services or to schedule an appointment, give a shout out to one of our friendly automotive techs today!
We would all agree that our car is one of the most important and practical investments that we will make in a lifetime. Second only to a home, you want to be sure to protect your costly automobile investment so as to ensure its overall functionality and its lifespan as well. A vehicle requires routine care and maintenance in order to ensure that it runs properly and efficiently day in and day out. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive specialists is committed to providing our clients only the highest quality Franklin automotive services at prices that are truly affordable.
We Are Here for All Your Accident Repairs
Accidents are a part of life and occur often. When your car is involved in an accident, no matter how much damage may have been caused, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has got you covered. Whether you are in need of a simple window adjustment, headlight replacement, or a whole new bumper, rest assured our team of experts stands ready to serve you. There is truly no repair job that is too big or too small for our dedicated team.
Our full-service auto repair facility here in Franklin is fully operated by our licensed auto repair specialists and our team of skilled managers. We take tremendous pride in our superior Franklin automotive services as well as our high customer service and customer satisfaction ratings. Our team is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients and to ensure they are happy and 100% satisfied with our team and services.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our clients are always our number one priority. We pride ourselves on providing our customers will all the peace of mind, confidence and assurance they need to know that they have put their trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Our team is equipped and certified to perform all types of vehicle maintenance services and repairs and perform them in timelines that are accommodating to the needs of our clients.
Our Simple Mission Statement
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our mission statement is simple. We strive to deliver only 100% customer satisfaction to all our clients with services that far exceed those of our competitors. We offer competitive but affordable prices and high-quality Franklin automotive services that have earned us a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best all round automotive facilities in the region. From the moment your vehicle arrives at our shop until you pick it up and drive it away you can be sure that it will be treated with the utmost care and services.
Let’s Sum It Up
If you are in need of high-quality automotive repairs, then look to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Our Franklin automotive services are among the best this side of the state. Our prices are affordable, our team top-notch and our timelines always accommodating. For all your
automotive repair or service needs, don’t delay in bringing your vehicle down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals get you up and running in no time at all. Whatever your needs may be, whether collision repairs or routine service maintenance rest assured our team has got you covered. With the new year now upon us, we would like to send along wishes from our little family to yours for a very safe and prosperous 2023 ahead!
Everybody is always looking for ways to save on both fuel consumption and auto repairs. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and licensed automotive technicians is steadfast in providing our clients with the highest quality parts and services this side of Tennessee.
We understand full well, especially with our current economy, how important it is to save money on fuel consumption as well as repairs. With that said, there are a number of factors that can influence the rise in gasoline and other automotive. When prices spike, more so than during regular times, drivers of all ages, begin to search for ways to save on gas. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some tips on how you can save on gasoline during these trying times.
Tips for Gasoline Savings
For starters, whether you are looking for gas saving ideas or are in need of high-quality automotive parts and repairs the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is happy to provide you with all the guidance and services you need. Whether your check engine light comes on, you are in need of new brake pads, it’s time for an oil change or you just want some insight on how to save money on repairs and gasoline, we are definitely the team for you.
To save money on gasoline the most obvious tip we offer would be to simply drive only when absolutely necessary. You should plan your errands properly so that you can incorporate many into one driving trip. Be sure to always check your tire pressure since your vehicle will have to work harder in order to travel at necessary speeds and ultimately use more gas. Routine inspections of your tires not only will extend their lifespan, but will also present with favorable results with regard to improved gas mileage.
Another simple tip for saving gas is to limit the amount of weight in your vehicle. When you carry excess weight in your car you actually reduce fuel economy. In addition, using the AC system in your vehicle causes an increase in gas consumption. Whenever possible, and especially if you are looking to save gas, you should opt for open windows rather than running the vehicle’s air conditioning system.
Reliable and Affordable Automotive Service Repairs
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want our clients to understand that delayed or neglected vehicle repairs can also contribute to increased fuel consumption and usage. Our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive techs are on hand to perform a routine automotive inspection of your vehicle to determine if there are any underlying problems that need repair. Our team will explain the issues to you and provide you with a full estimate of the work that needs to be performed.
We understand full well how difficult times are right now and want to assure our clients that we stand ready to serve you not only with high-quality services but affordable prices as well. Whether you are in need of routine preventative maintenance or are faced with an unsuspecting automotive problem, rest assured our team has got you covered. Times are tough right now, but the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to help clients meet their automotive needs.
For more information about reducing fuel consumption or to schedule your auto repairs, be sure to reach out to the dedicated team of friendly and professional technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. With our simple mission statement of 100% customer satisfaction, our team is steadfast in continuing to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients and in providing services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. With the new year now upon us, we would also like to take this time to send along wishes from our family to yours for a safe and prosperous 2023 ahead!
Have you ever been driving along and notice that one of those confusing dashboard lights comes on out of nowhere? If so, rest assured you are not alone. We all find these alarming lights to be not only confusing, but bothersome as well. Our first reaction is that of utter fear and concern not knowing what the light is all about or what it’s going to cost to repair it.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take this opportunity to help each one of our valued clients recognize and understand what those dashboard lights really mean. Not all of the warning lights indicate upcoming costly repairs. Some are simple and not costly at all. With that said, we want to be sure you know just what your vehicle is trying to tell you.
What Do All Those Dashboard Lights Really Mean?
- Battery Warning Light – The battery warning light is telling you that the battery voltage is below normal and that the charging system is not operating properly. When you see this light, you should check the battery terminals, the overall condition of the battery and even check your alternator belt. If, on your own inspection, you discover that the battery terminals are fine and that your battery is in good operating condition, then it may very well be that your alternator belt is the source of the warning light.
- Bulb Failure Warning Light – This warning light is telling you that one or more of the lights on your vehicle such as your headlights, brake lights, riding lights or even a fuse, is not working properly. To solve this problem, you just need to inspect the lights on your vehicle and locate the one that is not working. Replacing the light should be fairly easy, but if you are unable to perform the task, then hurry on down to our trusted facility and one of our techs will take care of your need.
- Brake Warning Light – When this light comes on you are being warned that there is an issue with your braking system. The problem could be anything from a low brake fluid level, low brake linings or even a parking brake that was left in the on position. Check the parking or safety brake first to ensure it is not on. If that is not the source of the problem, then it will be necessary to have your system checked for any leaks as well as an ABS inspection. Again, our team stands ready to provide all your automotive needs.
- Required Maintenance Light – This indicator light is telling you that some type of maintenance is required on your vehicle. The type of maintenance will be dependent upon the vehicle’s mileage. You should first check your owner’s manual for the service requirement at the current mileage. If you are unable to determine the maintenance needed be sure to reach out to the trusted team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- Windshield Wiper Fluid Light– When this light comes on it is simply telling you that the level of your washer fluid is low. Simply add washer fluid and the problem is solved. If, however, this washer fluid light continuously comes on, you want to have the vehicle checked by one of our certified techs.
- Check Engine Light – This indicator light is the one that makes us all panic. It is usually telling you that one of the systems in your vehicle such as the fuel, ignition or emissions control is not operating properly. When this indicator light stays on steadily, it is best to have your car checked by one of our skilled technicians. If the light is flashing instead of remaining on consistently, then do not delay in getting the vehicle checked immediately. That is where the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin comes in.
- Tire Pressure Light – When this light pops on one or more of your tires has low tire pressure. You should check the tire pressure on all your tires immediately so as to avoid a flat. Low tire pressure contributes greatly to low gas mileage as well.
- Temperature Warning Light – This light is warning you that your engine may be overheating. You should stop your vehicle immediately should this light come on and check your coolant level. If the coolant level is ok, you should then have your car inspected for a problem with the engine cooling system, leaks or even a fan operation issue.
There You Have It
We hope you find this information helpful and that you now have a better understanding of what those dashboard lights really mean. If you find yourself faced with a warning light or are in need of any other automotive services, be sure to reach out to the trusted team of experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. We look forward to serving you and with the New Year upon us want to send along wishes from our family to yours for a healthy and prosperous 2023 New Year ahead!
Many car owners are unaware of the ongoing automobile maintenance required to keep their vehicles always operating at peak levels season after season. Maintenance services are many with proper wheel alignment being only one. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take some time to educate our clients on the very importance of this vehicle maintenance task.
What Is a Wheel Alignment?
It is important that vehicle owners ensure that their vehicle wheels are properly aligned in order to improve both the lifespan of the tires as well as their overall performance. Vehicle wheels often times, especially after hitting potholes and all sorts of bumps in the roads, become misaligned. Keeping this in mind, it is ever so important to maintain the proper alignment of your wheels to ensure optimal performance.
A wheel alignment refers to the angle of your vehicle’s wheels in conjunction with one another and with the structural body of your car. To perform a necessary alignment, the vehicle’s suspension must be adjusted. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we use only state of the art technology to determine how much of an adjustment is needed and to ensure the adjustment is performed accordingly.
Warning Signs That Your Wheels Are Misaligned
The angle of your vehicle’s wheels will, over time, become skewed and cause a number of changes to your overall driving experience. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to share some of those warning signs with you.
· When driving straight forward, your steering wheel is actually off center causing the vehicle to drift in one direction or the other.
· You notice uneven tread wear on your tires. Your tires should be able at all times to meet the road surface below precisely. If the treads are unevenly worn on your tires, then the perfect angles needed to ensure the even tire wear are missing. You certainly don’t want to buy tires more often than necessary, so a proper wheel alignment is essential.
· Your vehicle continuously pulls to the left or right. When your wheels are parallel with one another while perpendicular with the surface below your car will handle properly. However, when your wheels are misaligned, your vehicle is unable to perform and handle the way it should and may tend to pull left or right.
· Lack of fuel efficiency. You may find yourself paying a whole lot more at the pump if you have misaligned wheels on your vehicle. So, taking time out to properly align your wheels will certainly help your wallet in the long run.
If you notice any of these warning signs, be sure to give a shout out to one of our highly skilled and experienced team members to discuss your concerns and schedule your wheel alignment at our trusted facility.
Ensuring proper wheel alignment of your vehicle helps to avoid any unnecessary wear on your vehicle’s steering, suspension, tires or brakes. With proper alignment you will enjoy optimized performance as well as stability and tire life. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. We take pride in our high-quality automotive services, our competitive yet affordable prices, and our willingness to always go the extra mile. For all your automotive needs in Franklin and the surrounding towns, be sure to look to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin where our clients are always our number one priority. The Christmas season will soon be upon us, so we want to send along wishes from our little family to yours for a very happy and safe holiday season ahead!
With winter sneaking up on us, it’s time to think about winterizing your car. How many times have you set out in the cold winter mornings only to find yourself faced with a dead battery? Cold weather car battery care is something we all need to understand and practice. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple but important tips on how to keep your battery alive and operating during the frigid winter months.
Simple Car Battery Tips
At Auto Clinic of Franklin our clients are always our number one priority. We understand full well how frustrating it can be when your car battery dies and you are left with no means to travel. We all know that batteries and cold weather don’t really get along well. The reason being that the electricity generated by the battery is done so through a chemical reaction. When the temperatures outside are cold this reaction slows down greatly and generates minimized power. However, taking proper care of your battery will allow you to get the very most out of it all winter long. Here are a few simple tips on how you can do just that.
- Covered car parking – When your car is parked in a covered structure, such as your garage, the heat from your home makes its way somewhat into the garage and keeps your vehicle a whole lot warmer than it would be parked outdoors. Even covered parking areas that are not attached to your home will contribute to the overall care of your battery. The heat that is trapped by way of the over top covering during the daytime will actually shelter your battery somewhat from the frigid cold.
- Make sure to turn off all the accessories – When it is cold outside, your battery power is reduced a great deal, which means that the vehicle needs more power in order to start up. You may find that your engine has a more difficult time turning over in the morning hours during the cold weather. If such is the case, be sure to turn off accessories such as the wiper blades, headlights, and heater, which will draw power away from the engine as it tries to power up.
- Be sure not to let your car sit too long – Many cars can sit in sub zero temperatures for a night or two without any major issues. However, if you let your car sit for days and days during the frigid winter weather, you are sure to find yourself faced with problems. Your car battery may become depleted and the battery case may even become cracked and connections damaged. So be sure not to let your maintained car sit in sub-zero temperatures without operating for any length of time.
- Check the battery for corrosion – Battery clamps and cables tend to corrode over time. If they are corroded, the electricity flow from your battery will be obstructed. With that said, if there is any corrosion, be sure to clean the battery, clamps and cables to ensure a properly functioning battery in the cold temperatures.
- Invest in a cold weather car battery – If your battery is older than 4 years, we highly suggest you replace it before the winter weather sets in. There are cold weather batteries available that are sure to outperform typical batteries in the frigid temperatures. Investing in such a battery is sure to minimize the amount of care your battery will need in the upcoming winter months and minimize your frustration and challenges.
To Sum It Up
If you follow all these precautions and tips, but still find yourself faced with a problematic battery, it may very well be time to replace it. If you replace the battery and are still having issues, then be sure to come on down to our facility and let our technicians identify the source of the problem and provide an effective solution. For more information on car battery care, to replace your battery, troubleshoot the issue, or for any other automotive repairs and services, put your trust in the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. With the holidays now nearing, we want to send along wishes from our family to yours for a very happy and safe holiday season!
Well, winter is right around the corner now. We all know that winter weather, including slippery conditions, snow, wind and ice, can create a great many challenges for drivers and safe winter driving. The team of highly skilled and dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to provide our many valued clients with some important precautions that should be taken when driving in winter temperatures and conditions.
At Auto Clinic of Franklin our clients are our number one priority as is their safety. Our team of experts is committed to providing all our clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of the state. We take tremendous pride in our customer service and in our customer satisfaction rating. We always put the well-being and overall safety of our clients first which is why we want to be sure you know how to prepare for winter driving conditions.
Necessary Precautions You Should Always Take
There are a number of helpful tips for driving safely in cold winter conditions. For starters, be sure when driving if you take note of a vehicle ahead of you that is slipping, sliding and swerving, that you slow your vehicle and increase the distance between you and the challenged vehicle ahead. Be sure to turn your attention to the dangerous, slippery conditions that the vehicle ahead of you encountered and drive with caution.
Winter driving often involves visibility issues as a result of falling snow and even rain and ice. With this thought in mind, we highly recommend you keep a distance of at least two vehicles between yourself and the vehicle ahead when driving with visibility issues. Adhere to the speed limit, and in many cases, drive slower than the posted speed limit. Always remember that when your visibility is impacted your overall safety is impacted as well. So, stay alert and attentive, stay focused and react and respond quickly as needed.
Be Sure Your Vehicle is Ready To Tackle the Winter Months Ahead
Winter driving can be a bit of a challenge which is why you want to ensure that your vehicle is prepped and ready to handle whatever Mother Nature sends your way. We all know that the cold weather can cause low air pressure in a vehicle’s tires so be sure to check your tire pressure frequently throughout the winter months. We also want to advise you to check the integrity of your wiper blades. If they are creating streaks or unable to clear portions of your windshield, then surely it is time to invest in new windshield wiper blades. You certainly do not want to get caught in a sudden winter storm without wiper blades that are properly functioning and able to keep your windshield clear at all times.
We also suggest that you check the defroster in your vehicle to ensure it is operating properly. If not, be sure to bring it on down to our trusted facility and our team will make any necessary repairs in no time at all. A properly functioning defroster ensures that your visibility is clear and contributes to the overall safety of you and your passengers.
Lastly, our team of specialists wants to remind you to always top off all your fluids. From windshield washer fluid and antifreeze to brake fluid and transmission fluid be sure to check them all. If, however, you are not comfortable to check fluid levels or perform any other tasks, be sure to head on over to Auto Clinic of Franklin and let our highly experienced team take care of all your winter driving needs.
To Sum It Up
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team is steadfast in meeting the individual needs of all our valued clients. We take tremendous pride in our top-of-the-line automotive parts and services and in our high customer service performance. The winter months are right around the corner so take time out now to ensure that your vehicle is ready to handle the many challenges of winter driving. Our team stands ready to help you and your family stay safe this winter and we sent along wishes from our family to yours for a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!