Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled automotive technicians wants to share with our valued clients some important tips on how to properly care for your car battery. These useful tips will help keep your battery and vehicle running at peak levels during the cold winter months.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BATTERY CARE
We all know full well that car batteries just do not operate as well in cold temperatures. Car batteries operate by generating electricity by way of a chemical reaction. This process slows down greatly in cold weather temperatures, thus generating less power to the vehicle. With that said, here are some helpful tips to help your battery perform in cold weather months.
- Covered Parking – When you park your vehicle in a garage or under a covering of some sort you are contributing to proper car battery cold weather care. Any type of car covering helps with the overall performance of your battery since the heat trapped in the surface where the vehicle is parked will keep your vehicle warm and ultimately shelter your battery from the extreme cold.
- Turn off all the Extras – Cold temperatures cause battery power to be minimized which means that your engine will need more power in order to start up. To ensure that your engine can turn over in the morning hours be sure to turn off all accessories and extras such as heaters, headlights, wipers and the likes, that actually draw additional power from your battery. After you start up your vehicle in the morning, then surely you can turn all the extras back on again.
- Don’t allow your vehicles to sit for long periods of time – Vehicles can typically sit in near to subzero temperatures overnight, especially if they are properly maintained. However, regardless of how well you maintain your car battery sitting for days or even for weeks can cause grave problems with your vehicle. With the cold weather, batteries are many times unable to self-discharge which can ultimately lead to other more serious problems such as damaging connections and cracked battery cases.
- No over-cranking – If your engine will not start up be sure to avoid over cranking the vehicle. Over cranking the starter in excess of a few seconds can cause risks of overheating. If the engine does not start right up, be patient and wait a few moments before trying again. Whatever you do – don’t over crank.
- Invest in a cold weather battery – If your battery is in excess of three years old the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommends you replace it long before the cold winter months arrive. This may be the ideal time to invest in a car battery that is designed specifically to operate in the cold. As we all know, not all batteries are the same. Some batteries have higher cold cranking amps and will certainly perform much better in cold weather than everyday batteries.
- Inspect for Corrosion – Corrosion frequently occurs on battery cables and battery clamps which can ultimately obstruct the flow of electricity causing the battery to function from a much lower power level. Our technicians will inspect your battery and clean away any corrosion that may be present.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
If you have followed the above suggested tips and find yourself still faced with battery problems, then it may be that you simply need a replacement. If you replace your battery and still encounter problems you may have a bigger issue with your alternator. Whatever the case, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to help. For more information about proper car battery care in cold weather, or to schedule a service appointment, reach out to one of our team members today!
Halloween is just a few days away and children and adults alike are getting prepped and ready for all the fun. Trick or treaters of all ages and sizes will soon be lining the streets in hopes of collecting lots and lots of treats while saying hello to many neighbors and friends. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind everybody that Halloween can be a very dangerous evening for a number of reasons, which is why Halloween safety is so important.
BE CAREFUL OF THE PARTIERS
Many people host fun-filled Halloween parties, as we all know, but often at those parties much drinking can go on. When the party is over, or guests need to leave early, drivers who are on the road on this very dangerous eve can pose a number of hazards to innocent people. Drunken drivers are not so foreign on a typical Halloween eve, which is why it is so important for families to be on the alert.
On this fun-filled evening the ultimate goal is for everyone to enjoy themselves, but to get home safe and sound and without any harm. With that said, the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple but practical Halloween safety tips for all to adhere to this weekend coming up.
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL
Drivers – When you find yourself having to drive through the neighborhood on Halloween eve, be sure to take every necessary precaution when on local roads and at intersections since many pedestrians will look for the easiest route to the next doorbell to ring. In addition, drivers need to be attentive to other drivers and mistakes they may make and be prepared to stop suddenly if need be. In addition, it is critical that drivers remain entirely focused on the road and on all their surroundings and keep their cell phones off. Finally, remember that may costumes come with masks and full-face coverings which can further hinder their ability for individuals to see clearly when walking in the darkened hours, so you need to be entirely on alert.
Pedestrians and Parents – Costumes that are donned with bright colors are a surefire way of ensuring that your child/children are easily seen when trick or treating. If, however, your little one has a black or dark costume you may want to consider using reflective bright colored tape on their shoes and maybe even on the backside of their costume. Be sure to always carry a flashlight when trick or treating so you always have a clear view of what’s up ahead.
Parents be sure to use sidewalks whenever possible and stay close to your children while remaining on the lookout for vehicles that are turning corners or backing up. In addition, be on the lookout for drivers or older trick or treaters who may have indulged in just a wee bit too much drinking. Finally, whenever possible go out and trick or treat in groups with your family and friends. Not only will it be a whole lot safer, but it is sure to be a whole lot more fun as well.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN CARES
These are just some simple but practical Halloween safety tips we wanted to share with you. Trick or treating is a tradition for many families and one that children especially look forward to. So be
sure to take every precaution to ensure the safety of your family and friends. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we care about our clients and not only provide the highest quality automotive parts, services and repairs this side of Franklin, but our friendly professionals are committed to the overall happiness and safety of all our valued clients!
Well, fall is certainly in full bloom and winter right around the corner now. In the fall, as we all know, the temperatures get a bit chilly, the days are shorter, the sun sets a whole lot earlier and the leaves begin to change into lovely fall colors. Fall is also a favorite time of year for a variety of sports, Halloween gatherings and lots of pumpkin everything. However, it is important we don’t lose sight of the fact that the fall also presents with some dangerous fall driving conditions.
When the leaves begin to fall steadily, they make their way onto the many highways and roadways. When this happens, there is an increased risk for accidents since the leaves can pose slippery driving conditions. When there is also a mixture of rainy weather or morning frost, the two combined together can even become quite treacherous. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some very important vehicle safety tips they should adhere to so as to avoid any unsuspecting driving conditions this fall.
VEHICLE SAFETY TIPS FOR THE FALL
Fall is such a beautiful, peaceful time of year when many people just want to find themselves outdoors taking in the brisk, fresh air. Many also enjoy the colorful fall foliage, and taking all those long, peaceful drives through the back roads where all the colors are so vibrant and the atmosphere so calm. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to make sure that our clients can go right ahead and enjoy the lovely fall season and all its elements without being faced with unsuspecting car accidents. So, to ensure your safety, we put together these important tips and facts.
- Tires – As the cooler fall temperatures set in, your tire pressure can begin to change and end up leaving you with tire pressure that is far too low. Be sure to always check the pressure of your tires as well as the condition of the traction and treads because falling colorful leaves can make most roadways dangerous and slippery. When this happens, you want to be sure your tires can grip the surface quickly and properly.
- Brakes – As we suggested already, the roads in the fall can be quite slippery, so be sure before you begin all that fall driving, that your brakes are performing at peak levels and in the best of shape.
- Stay Atop the Current Weather Conditions – As the fall weather sets in and the temperatures become colder, there are a number of road hazards that can exist as a result of falling leaves and even early morning frost. Whenever you drive on fallen leaves it is imperative that you slow your travel speed and always leave a good space between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you. When leaves are wet and even frozen, they can make the road extremely slippery. In addition, when there are leaves all over the roadway, they can easily camouflage other road conditions that are present such as bumps and pot holes. Early morning frost is much like black ice in the winter and can cause very dangerous road conditions especially over bridges. Whenever there is frost, be sure to always slow your travel speed down.
- Wiper Blades and Washer Fluid – Be sure to check your windshield wiper fluid regularly and be sure that your wipers are working properly. In addition, be sure that your wiper blades are not damaged in any way so as to avoid any disruption to clearing your windshield should the weather get tricky.
- Heaters and Defrosters – As the temperatures start dropping, you want to be sure that your heater is working properly, your defroster is functioning and your antifreeze is at sufficient levels needed to protect your engine throughout the cold weather months.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – YOUR NUMBER ONE CHOICE FOR AUTO REPAIRS AND SERVICES
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in our top of the line automotive repairs, parts and services we provide our valued clients. We understand full well how important a properly functioning vehicle is for everyone and are steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients. We hope you found these important facts and tips for safe fall driving informative and we look forward to our every opportunity to serve you. For all your automotive parts, repairs and services in Franklin and the surrounding towns, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
Your muffler plays a significant role in your car’s performance. A muffler that is not properly functioning can lead to a number of serious automotive problems, including exhaust back pressure which ultimately can lead to a variety of other components to be damaged. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to help our valued clients understand the warning signs that it may very well be time for a muffler replacement.
OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU MAY NEED A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the very first signs that your muffler may need replacing is that of loud or especially strange noises that are coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of your muffler is to reduce noise that is produced by your vehicle’s exhaust system. When you begin to hear loud noises when accelerating your vehicle, chances are your muffler is no longer performing at appropriate levels. The noises you ultimately hear coming from your muffler are the result of holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A desperate decrease in your gas mileage – Another indicator that you may need to install a new muffler is drastically reduced gas mileage. When your muffler is functioning properly, it helps with your vehicle’s efficiency. However, when there is a drop in efficiency, this is typically a sign that your muffler is malfunctioning. If this occurs, it is imperative you have your car checked as soon as possible by one of our qualified automotive techs who can diagnose the issue for you. If it is discovered that your malfunctioning muffler is the source of the decreased gas mileage, then a muffler replacement is the ideal solution to provide the proper filtration of your exhaust fumes and help to increase your vehicle’s overall gas mileage.
- An unpleasant odor coming from the muffler – A third and final indicator that you may need a muffler replacement is that of a foul odor coming from your vehicle. If your muffler has a leak or a crack in it, its ability to filter the fumes out of the exhaust properly becomes minimized and the fumes may become trapped. If you notice the presence of a foul odor be sure to reach out to the certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to have your muffler checked out, assessed and if needed repaired or replaced. If you elect not to give attention to your muffler it could be incredibly dangerous since exhaust fumes can, over time, become quite fatal.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to ensure that clients are aware of these obvious indicators and emphasize that if these three signs are present it is a surefire indication that you are in need of a muffler replacement. We also want to inform our clients that when you recognize these signs early on and give attention to them, replacing your muffler can ultimately be inexpensive. Changing your muffler early on will help to enhance the overall lifespan of your vehicle and will certainly keep your car running for years ahead. Further, changing out a malfunctioning muffler will also contribute to your car’s efficiency and help to avoid other automotive problems from occurring.
To learn more about the importance of replacing a malfunctioning muffler or to make your appointment for a muffler replacement, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
In today’s world, most people put the care and maintenance of their vehicles into the hands of highly skilled and trained mechanics. From the simplest of tasks to the most complex auto repairs, car owners across the board have that one trusted auto repair shop they can always count on. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some of the most common repairs and maintenance that need to be performed to keep your vehicle operating at peak levels.
IMPORTANT VEHICLE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- · Engine diagnostics – There certainly are a number of trendy gadgets we can purchase today that allow us to connect to our car’s computer and find the source of a check engine light. Performing the needed repairs, however, is an altogether different story. Many auto problems that trigger the check engine light to go on typically require the services of professional automotive technicians to bring about an effective solution and make that annoying check engine light go away. With that said, when you experience a check engine light problem, it’s best to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin so that your code can be read and deciphered properly and an effective repair performed.
- · Engine and transmission repairs – Today’s state of the art vehicles now have a full range of new features. From innovative electronics and multiple cams to fuel injection, today’s cars and trucks have a whirlwind of complex engine and transmission components. For that reason, we highly recommend you trust your vehicle’s engine and transmission repairs to the trusted team of specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- · Suspension mishaps and repairs – The suspension of any vehicle plays a significant role in the overall safety of your vehicle. Installing new components and parts, or performing repairs to existing components can be a rather complicated task. Alignment specs need to be properly engaged or else the overall safety of your vehicle is impaired. The suspension is directly linked to your vehicle’s tires, which dictate how safe and comfortable your ride is. Proper care and maintenance of your vehicle suspension will not only increase the overall lifespan of your tires but will also increase the overall safety of your vehicle and all its passengers.
- · AC care and maintenance – Your AC system is a sealed system within your vehicle. If you have an AC issue and note that you are in need of freon, rest assured you have an AC leak. Simply adding freon to the vehicle will only provide a temporary solution to your problem. In order to determine the source of the problem, whether no air is blowing at all, or the air that is blowing is warm, highly trained automotive techs will need to perform an AC diagnostic test, decipher the code and thereafter, be able to perform the necessary auto repairs to resolve your AC issues.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and certified automotive technicians are on hand to meet your every need. Whether you are in need of a standard oil and filter change, a new set of tires, have battery issues or your transmission is slipping, rest assured we are the team for you.
Whatever your automotive needs may be, regardless of how simple or complex your auto repairs are, surely you have come to the right place. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our dedicated specialists get your vehicle back on the road again. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
Do you own a fleet of trucks, limos or cars that you rely upon every day for your business? If so, having a top-rated auto repair facility you can trust with all your maintenance, repair and service needs as well as your routine vehicle maintenance is an absolute must do. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced auto technicians stand ready to meet your every fleet auto maintenance needs.
We are confident that you will find the utmost satisfaction in not only our high-performance services, but our turnaround times and affordable prices as well. Our team is steadfast in meeting the needs of all our valued clients and in performing the highest level of customer satisfaction and approval. The fleet services we can provide stand out from our competitors and our marketplace presence is a true testament to our commitment and to that very fact.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR ALL YOUR AUTOMOTIVE NEEDS
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed and dedicated to providing our valued clients with only the highest quality parts, repairs, and service needs required for your fleet of cars, trucks and limos. With a fully licensed and certified team, and ongoing automotive training, you can be sure when you put your trust in us, that you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
Our friendly staff is here to provide you with all your automotive needs from basic maintenance including brake repair, mufflers, AC repairs, and tune ups to electrical systems and transmission issues to name a few. We are truly your one stop shopping facility here in Franklin serving many of the surrounding towns as well.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Our mission statement is simple – we strive for 100% customer satisfaction with all our maintenance and repair service we provide. We are truly committed to our customers and to our top-rated customer service and our team is always on hand to answer any questions and resolve your every automotive problem.
TRUST YOUR FLEET TO US
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we understand full well the impact a failed fleet can have on your business. We know that if your fleet is not operating at peak levels, your business stands to suffer a loss. With that said, with our multi-point inspection, we can identify any potential problems in advance and avoid hefty repair costs or downtime for your vehicles. We not only provide superior automotive services for your fleet, but we will track and keep records of all services and repairs performed and advise you when routine service is needed for any of your fleet vehicles.
TOP-RATED FRANKLIN AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
To learn more about our state-of-the-art fleet automotive maintenance programs, be sure to reach out to one of our team members and schedule your free consultation appointment today. Our friendly team strives to not only deliver the best all round fleet auto maintenance services and repairs this side of Franklin, but to deliver peace of mind needed when entrusting the care and maintenance of your fleet vehicles to us. We have earned a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best automotive facilities this side of the state and take pride in being recognized as your go to facility for all your automotive needs. Whatever your business, however many vehicles in your fleet, put your trust in the experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did.
In the midst of the challenging Covid pandemic, the mere thought of germs, bacteria and dirty surfaces can cause any of us to be concerned. Touching or even sitting in any designated area that can potentially be smothered in bacteria and germs, is something we all want to avoid, especially at this time. With that said, the team of dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin thought it best to share some important but incredibly simple steps for sanitizing vehicles during these challenging times.
Cars and trucks, though we attempt to clean them often, can be home to a whole lot of dirt, germs and bacteria and especially the steering wheel of all components. A vehicle steering wheel carries a wide range of germs and bacteria as do the door handles, seat belts, touch pads and cup holders to name a few. Each of these vehicle components is touched and used often paving the way for a variety of germs, bacteria and dirt. Now more than ever before, with the current Covid pandemic, our professional team thought the timing is perfect to offer our valued clients some very useful tips they can use for sanitizing vehicles and making their vehicles safe.
WHY SANITIZE YOUR VEHICLE
Sanitizing vehicles is a whole lot different than just giving it a typical cleaning. Now more than ever it is important to keep all types of germs and bacteria off of your many car parts and components that you touch often. Though many of us dedicate a lot of time to cleaning, washing and sanitizing our every belonging during this pandemic, cleaning and sanitizing your vehicle probably has not come in at the top of your cleaning list. People spend a great deal of time in their trucks and cars which is why it is so important to keep them clean and sanitized. In our efforts to stop the spread of bacteria and viruses and other types of germs as well, we should all give attention to these simple steps for sanitizing vehicles.
SIMPLE METHODS YOU CAN FOLLOW TO SANITIZE YOUR TRUCK OR CAR
- Eliminate mold and dust – Unlike open spaces, your vehicle is a closed environment which means the chances of bacteria and germs growing inside are greatly enhanced. By vacuuming, you can remove most of the dirt and dust particles from the interior of your vehicle. In addition, cleaning away any larger debris you may have accumulated in your vehicle will help to minimize and even eliminate dirt, dust and mold.
- Replace or clean the cabin air filter – As many of us know, the cabin air filter is accountable for cleaning the inside atmosphere in your vehicle. It is important to change out the air filter at minimum every 6 months in your efforts to maintain clean, breathable air in your car or truck. If you notice that the air is not cool enough in your vehicle, or if it has an unpleasant smell, chances are that moldy air is being circulated in the vehicle. A dirty air filter easily distributes bacteria and germs in your vehicle from your vehicle’s air conditioning system, so be sure to change out the cabin air filter regularly.
- Clean the upholstery – Dirt, dust, germs and even mold at times, can collect on your vehicle’s upholstery. Be sure to clean the upholstery with a microfiber cloth or even with a small gentler vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dust and particles.
- Practice using disinfectants that are safe – There are a good number of quality disinfectants on the market today that are safe for use on the surface of your vehicles, especially those surfaces that you are constantly touching. Such components as the steering wheel, armrest, gear stick, touchscreen, door handles, seat belts and mirrors, should be cleaned and sanitized routinely. The chances of germs and other bacteria building up can be greatly reduced and even eliminated when you regularly clean these often-touched components.
- Don’t forget the car wash – The exterior of your vehicle should be washed often as well. By running your car or truck through a car wash you will not only obtain a shiny, like new look, but you will also decontaminate and properly sanitize the exterior surface of your vehicle as well.
THE TRUSTED SPECIALISTS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are steadfast in our commitment to only provide the highest quality automotive products and services to all our valued clients. In addition, during these trying times, we are also focused on educating our clients on the best ways to stay safe in their vehicles. For more information on proper steps you can take for sanitizing vehicles, or to schedule your automotive repairs or services, be sure to reach out to the friendly technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today.
The muffler is one of the most important components that contribute to the overall functionality of your vehicle. If a muffler is not operating properly, there are a number of problems that could arise, causing severe challenges with your vehicle. A malfunctioning muffler can cause a great deal of damage to your vehicle and render it non drivable. When you find yourself faced with these complicated issues and a vehicle that simply cannot be driven, then the ideal solution to the problem is a necessary muffler replacement.
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with our valued clients some of the obvious indicators that it may be time to replace your muffler. We have focused on those warning signs below.
THREE OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU ARE IN NEED OF A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the first signs that your muffler is in need of replacement is that of strange, loud noises coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of the muffler is to reduce any noises that are produced by the vehicle’s exhaust system. With that said, if you hear a loud noise when accelerating that is a pretty prominent indicator that you need a muffler replacement. Common causes of these loud noises would be either holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A decrease in your typical gas mileage – Another sign that your muffler is on its way out is that of decreased gas mileage. When a muffler is functioning properly, it contributes to your vehicle’s efficiency. When there is a noticeable change in efficiency, it is usually an indicator that there is a problem with the muffler. A new muffler will help to filter the exhaust more efficiently and increase your gas mileage again.
- A noticeable bad odor is being emitted from your muffler – A third sign that your muffler needs replacing is that of a bad odor or smell coming from your vehicle. The muffler filters the fumes out of your exhaust, but if there is a leak or any other damage to the muffler it cannot filter fumes properly. If you notice a bad odor be sure to get the vehicle into our trusted mechanics as soon as possible. Failure to do so could wind of being quite dangerous since exhaust fumes can become near to fatal over an extended period of time.
Overall, the above indicators are definite signs that your muffler may very well need to be replaced. If you pay attention to these signs and catch them early on, then your replacement muffler can be somewhat inexpensive. Giving focus to your damaged muffler early on can help to keep your vehicle fully functional and operating at peak levels for a long time down the road. In addition, giving focus to these indicators will certainly contribute to the overall efficiency of your vehicle and can help to avoid more complicated and serious automotive problems from occurring.
THE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and experienced technicians take tremendous pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. Our professionals are steadfast in their efforts to meet the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to clients and with prices that are every bit competitive and affordable.
If you are in need of automotive repairs or services, including a muffler replacement, then look to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
When driving if you ever have a small collision, hit the edge of a pothole, hit a curb, or go over speed bumps too quickly you can easily cause the sidewalls of your tires to bulge or bubble. If you ever notice that your tires are not smooth and round, but rather you have a tire with a bubble or bulge, be sure to stop driving immediately. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take some time to explain tread bulging or tire bubbles and their hazards to all our valued clients.
A tire that has a bubble or a section of tread bulging is not safe to drive on. When the fabric of the inner tire bubbles, it can no longer provide the protection your tire needs from bursting. The most common area where bubbles occur is in the sidewall. However, they can also form in specific areas that have worn out thin rubber. Driving on a tire with a bubble is extremely dangerous and the odds of a blow out are very high. When you take note of a bubble, it is important to get the tire replaced quickly. The more moisture and air that seeps into the tire, the larger the bubble will become and the greater the danger is.
WAYS TO PREVENT TIRE BUBBLES
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips on how to prevent tire bubbles from happening. Prevention is by far the best cure of all. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Steer clear of potholes – Potholes are one of the prime sources for tire bubbles. Whenever possible, avoid hitting potholes by steering away from them safely.
- Engage in careful driving – Make it a point not to drive over speed bumps quickly and to be extremely cautious when driving near to curbs and sidewalks and when parking.
- Proper maintenance – Be sure to inspect your tires regularly and take note of any changes in pressure or in structure. Use a tire pressure gauge for checking proper tire pressure routinely.
Always keep in mind that damage that occurs as a result of a tire with a bubble cannot be repaired. The reason being that when a bubble is present, the structural integrity of the tire has been compromised. With that said, it is simply not safe to drive on the tire any longer since its internal structure has been damaged. Instead, suspend all driving and have the tire replaced immediately.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced team of dedicated auto technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Our technicians are on hand to answer all your questions and address any automotive concerns you may have.
With our high marketplace presence, our team of experts is committed to maintaining our high reputation and customer satisfaction rating. We strive to deliver services that are simply unmatched by any of our competitors and that includes any and all services for your vehicle tires.
Whether you are in the market for a new set of tires, need your tires rotated or have a tire with a bubble, rest assured we are the team for you. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals take care of your every need. Summer is here and certainly we all do a whole lot more driving this time of year. With that said, we encourage all our clients to engage in routine inspection of your tires and be sure to have regular oil changes as well. Don’t delay. Come on down to our friendly auto service center today!
As vehicle owners, we all know how stressful and even challenging it can be to perform proper maintenance on our vehicles in a timely fashion and to choose all the appropriate products we need. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians want to take this time to educate our valued clients on the importance of choosing the right motor oil for your vehicle. We have put together this informative blog to help you make the best decisions for your vehicles.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT MOTOR OIL
Motor oil is looked upon as the lifeline of our vehicles since it performs a number of very important functions. Motor oil contributes to each of the following:
- It serves as a lubricant for all our vehicle’s engine parts
- It provides enhanced fuel usage and economy; and
- It outwardly protects our vehicle emission systems
As we are all aware, there are truly an abundant number of motor oils available on the market today whether in automotive specialty shops, department stores, or online. The options out there can be quite overwhelming and choosing an inappropriate oil can definitely leave you with consequences you have to face. Often times, those consequences can be quite costly, especially if the wrong oil causes excessive damage to your vehicle’s engine over the long term.
For those of you who take pride in being do-it-yourselfers, be sure to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual to learn which type of oil is best suited to your vehicle before you simply go ahead and change out your old oil. We highly recommend you take a few moments to perform this simple research before you go out and purchase any type of motor oil.
VARIOUS TYPES TO CHOOSE FROM
There are three different types of motor oils you can choose from. The first is that of conventional oil, which is 75% refined crude oil. The second option is that of full synthetic oil which is a standard base with additives. The third and final option is that of synthetic blend which is a blend of both conventional and synthetic oils together.
Further to the three different types of oils available, there are also a number of different additives to be aware of. Detergents help to keep clean the high temperature surfaces. Antioxidants serve to prevent oxidation while keeping your vehicle’s engine oil from thickening up. There are also a number of additives that help to capture dirt and a variety of other contaminants that can otherwise build up on the various engine parts and wreak havoc. In addition, there are specialized additives that contain components that help to seal and prevent leakage in high-mileage vehicles.
With all that said, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to ensure that our clients understand the importance of choosing the appropriate motor oil to get the highest benefits for your specific engine type. The climate you live in and the amount of travel you do are contributing factors in determining the right oil to use in your vehicle and helping to ensure that your engine runs at peak levels year after year.
AUTOMOTIVE SPECIALISTS YOU CAN RELY ON
The team of dedicated technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality products and services this side of Franklin and that includes providing important data and insight needed for the proper care and maintenance of your vehicles. Our team of experts stands ready to meet your every need and to provide you with state-of-the-art automotive services including routine motor oil changes at prices that are every bit affordable as they are competitive. If you are in need of an oil change, or any other automotive service or repair, be sure to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!