When driving if you ever have a small collision, hit the edge of a pothole, hit a curb, or go over speed bumps too quickly you can easily cause the sidewalls of your tires to bulge or bubble. If you ever notice that your tires are not smooth and round, but rather you have a tire with a bubble or bulge, be sure to stop driving immediately. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take some time to explain tread bulging or tire bubbles and their hazards to all our valued clients.
A tire that has a bubble or a section of tread bulging is not safe to drive on. When the fabric of the inner tire bubbles, it can no longer provide the protection your tire needs from bursting. The most common area where bubbles occur is in the sidewall. However, they can also form in specific areas that have worn out thin rubber. Driving on a tire with a bubble is extremely dangerous and the odds of a blow out are very high. When you take note of a bubble, it is important to get the tire replaced quickly. The more moisture and air that seeps into the tire, the larger the bubble will become and the greater the danger is.
WAYS TO PREVENT TIRE BUBBLES
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips on how to prevent tire bubbles from happening. Prevention is by far the best cure of all. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Steer clear of potholes – Potholes are one of the prime sources for tire bubbles. Whenever possible, avoid hitting potholes by steering away from them safely.
- Engage in careful driving – Make it a point not to drive over speed bumps quickly and to be extremely cautious when driving near to curbs and sidewalks and when parking.
- Proper maintenance – Be sure to inspect your tires regularly and take note of any changes in pressure or in structure. Use a tire pressure gauge for checking proper tire pressure routinely.
Always keep in mind that damage that occurs as a result of a tire with a bubble cannot be repaired. The reason being that when a bubble is present, the structural integrity of the tire has been compromised. With that said, it is simply not safe to drive on the tire any longer since its internal structure has been damaged. Instead, suspend all driving and have the tire replaced immediately.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced team of dedicated auto technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Our technicians are on hand to answer all your questions and address any automotive concerns you may have.
With our high marketplace presence, our team of experts is committed to maintaining our high reputation and customer satisfaction rating. We strive to deliver services that are simply unmatched by any of our competitors and that includes any and all services for your vehicle tires.
Whether you are in the market for a new set of tires, need your tires rotated or have a tire with a bubble, rest assured we are the team for you. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals take care of your every need. Summer is here and certainly we all do a whole lot more driving this time of year. With that said, we encourage all our clients to engage in routine inspection of your tires and be sure to have regular oil changes as well. Don’t delay. Come on down to our friendly auto service center today!
As vehicle owners, we all know how stressful and even challenging it can be to perform proper maintenance on our vehicles in a timely fashion and to choose all the appropriate products we need. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians want to take this time to educate our valued clients on the importance of choosing the right motor oil for your vehicle. We have put together this informative blog to help you make the best decisions for your vehicles.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT MOTOR OIL
Motor oil is looked upon as the lifeline of our vehicles since it performs a number of very important functions. Motor oil contributes to each of the following:
- It serves as a lubricant for all our vehicle’s engine parts
- It provides enhanced fuel usage and economy; and
- It outwardly protects our vehicle emission systems
As we are all aware, there are truly an abundant number of motor oils available on the market today whether in automotive specialty shops, department stores, or online. The options out there can be quite overwhelming and choosing an inappropriate oil can definitely leave you with consequences you have to face. Often times, those consequences can be quite costly, especially if the wrong oil causes excessive damage to your vehicle’s engine over the long term.
For those of you who take pride in being do-it-yourselfers, be sure to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual to learn which type of oil is best suited to your vehicle before you simply go ahead and change out your old oil. We highly recommend you take a few moments to perform this simple research before you go out and purchase any type of motor oil.
VARIOUS TYPES TO CHOOSE FROM
There are three different types of motor oils you can choose from. The first is that of conventional oil, which is 75% refined crude oil. The second option is that of full synthetic oil which is a standard base with additives. The third and final option is that of synthetic blend which is a blend of both conventional and synthetic oils together.
Further to the three different types of oils available, there are also a number of different additives to be aware of. Detergents help to keep clean the high temperature surfaces. Antioxidants serve to prevent oxidation while keeping your vehicle’s engine oil from thickening up. There are also a number of additives that help to capture dirt and a variety of other contaminants that can otherwise build up on the various engine parts and wreak havoc. In addition, there are specialized additives that contain components that help to seal and prevent leakage in high-mileage vehicles.
With all that said, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to ensure that our clients understand the importance of choosing the appropriate motor oil to get the highest benefits for your specific engine type. The climate you live in and the amount of travel you do are contributing factors in determining the right oil to use in your vehicle and helping to ensure that your engine runs at peak levels year after year.
AUTOMOTIVE SPECIALISTS YOU CAN RELY ON
The team of dedicated technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality products and services this side of Franklin and that includes providing important data and insight needed for the proper care and maintenance of your vehicles. Our team of experts stands ready to meet your every need and to provide you with state-of-the-art automotive services including routine motor oil changes at prices that are every bit affordable as they are competitive. If you are in need of an oil change, or any other automotive service or repair, be sure to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
The scorching hot summer temperatures can certainly be challenging and unbearable at times. Whether you are off to school, work or any other enjoyable event, the last thing you want to do is arrive at your event all sweaty and uncomfortable. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind all our valued clients to be sure and test your vehicle’s AC system before summer is in full bloom.
When you test your AC system, be sure to avoid doing so on a scorching 90-degree summer day, but rather on a somewhat cool and comfortable day. This will help to ensure that your vehicle’s cooling system is fully operational and performing at peak levels.
VEHICLE AC SYSTEM ISSUES
There are a number of system issues that can occur with your vehicle’s AC system. More times than not, the problem is minor and easily fixable, but every now and again you could find yourself faced with a major system problem. The most common issues are hot air blowing, a musty or stagnant smell or even a rattling noise coming from the AC. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to share some helpful tips for ensuring that your AC system is up to the summer challenge.
USEFUL TIPS TO ENSURE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL AC SYSTEM
The helpful tips we suggest include:
- Testing all the fan speeds to ensure they are all working;
- Put your AC system on the coldest setting you have and ensure that all vents are blowing air out.
- If you notice a stagnant or even foul smell, then it’s time to get your vehicle over to our trusted facility here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- Give focus to any noises or rattling sounds coming from underneath the hood. If you notice a noise, again, be sure to get your vehicle over to our automotive facility to be checked out.
- Be sure there are no system leaks which can cause Freon to escape and allow moisture to find its way into your AC system.
- Be sure that your air filter is changed out since debris can ultimately clog your system.
CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our certified technicians will inspect your system and run your vehicle’s AC system test to ensure that your AC system does not break down or give up this summer. Bring your vehicle down to our trusted automotive shop and let our team of experts inspect your vehicle, test your AC system and provide any additional services you may need. There is no automotive service or repair too big, too small or too complicated for our team of professionals. Summer is here so come on down and let us make certain your AC system is operational and equipped to handle the scorching hot summer temperatures.
Our technicians take pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Whether your vehicle’s AC system needs inspection or is giving you problems, or you have any other automotive repair or service needs, you have definitely come to the right place. Our team is steadfast in our efforts to offer clients affordable, efficient solutions for all your automotive needs. For more information on your AC system, its proper care and maintenance, and how to ensure you will enjoy a cool and comfortable ride all summer long, simply give a shout out to one of our team today. Don’t Delay. Schedule your appointment today!
Summer is about to make its full presence known which means drivers need to take precautions to ensure the overall safety of their families when travelling this summer. From all those exciting trips to the beach, summer concert travels, and even cross-country adventures, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind all our clients to be sure to pack an emergency road kit before heading out on your travels.
Unsuspecting car problems can happen anytime and anywhere which is why it is so important to always be prepared. Our team wants to share some important tips and measures all drivers should take to ensure the safety of all their passengers when travelling. From a sudden breakdown to many a car issue, the challenges can be many and being prepared to handle them is sure to make your travels and your experiences much easier and more enjoyable.
THE PERFECT EMERGENCY ROAD KIT FOR EVERY DRIVER
Travelling with a fully stocked emergency road kit is a surefire way of being prepared to handle the unexpected. There are a variety of essential items you should include in your emergency kit including, but not limited to, the following:
- · Jumper Cables – First and foremost, you want to ensure that you have a quality set of jumper cables in your kit. If you are faced with a dead car battery, it is these reliable cables that are sure to get you up and running again.
- · A Flashlight – If you are faced with an unsuspecting auto problem in the evening hours, there is nothing quite as challenging and even more fearful than being trapped by the side of the road with no flashlight in hand. A flashlight affords you the means to see your evening surroundings and helps you to move about in the dark. In addition to your trusty flashlight, be sure you pack an extra set of batteries in your emergency road kit as well.
- · Flat Tire Assembly and Tools – A flat tire is a common issue for many drivers and can certainly occur at any time and in any location without any warning whatsoever. Having the appropriate tire assembly and the necessary tools on hand is a must do for every driver. A proper tool assembly would include the spare tire itself, a lug wrench and a jack. Be sure you know how to properly change out a flat tire and that you are familiar with how to use all the tools in your tire assembly kit.
- · Reflective Triangles and Hazard Flares – If ever you find yourself experiencing car trouble or any type of a breakdown and want to attempt to resolve the auto issues yourself, be sure you have packed in your emergency road kit reflective triangles and hazard flares. These items are essential to your safety while you work on your vehicle. Further, these items are important should you elect to call for roadside assistance. The reflective components should be displayed on the road while you sit in waiting for your roadside assistance to arrive.
- · Other Important Items to Pack – Other miscellaneous items you want to include in your emergency kit are those of bottled water, snacks that are non-perishable, a first aid kit and even a blanket and coat.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Summer is right around the corner now and if you are planning on travelling a bit this summer the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommend you take every precaution you can. Certainly, you don’t want your summer travels and fun to be hindered by automotive issues, which is why we suggest that all our clients travel with the perfect emergency road kit. We want you to also keep in mind that if you are in need of any type of auto services or repairs, be sure to look to the professional team of certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and hope all our clients and their families have a safe and enjoyable summer season ahead!
With summer right around the corner, it will soon be time for families to plan their summer escapes. With the current restrictions in place today, many families will choose to drive to their summer vacation destinations rather than chance taking flights. Road trips are often an ideal way for families to spend quality time together and enjoy loads of fun and laughter. How exciting it can be to pack up the car and get behind the wheel on a beautiful summer day and head towards your summer vacation destination. Surely there is no better way to share family memories than with a fun-filled summer road trip unless of course you find yourself faced with unsuspecting car problems.
COMMON SUMMER CAR PROBLEMS
Summer is certainly a time for scorching hot temperatures that can lead to many problems not only with your health but with your car as well. Extremely high temperatures can take an incredible toll on your vehicle which is why the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to acquaint our valued clients with some of the common car problems than can catch you off guard this summer. Nearly anything can go wrong when travelling but there are a number of common problems that can put a damper on all your vacation fun if you don’t take care of them beforehand.
- Overheating Engine – Scorching summer temperatures often contribute to an overheated engine. A vehicle’s engine can reach a temperature near to 200 degrees and coupled with sweltering high outside temperatures can be a definite problem in the making – an overheated engine.
- Low Fluid Levels – It is important to take every precaution to protect your car’s engine in the hot summer months. One of the best tips for ensuring safe and fun summer road trips is to be sure that all your fluids are topped off before starting out on the road. Whether the motor oil, coolant, anti-freeze or the windshield wiper fluids be sure that all your levels are topped and your vehicle is ready to go.
- Low or Dead Battery – Batteries are often times one of the most common car problems that motorists are faced with during the hot summer season. If your battery is old and perhaps near to the end of its lifespan, then be sure to have it checked before journeying out on the roadways.
- Flat or Balding Tires – When the temperatures rise in the summer months the air pressure in your tires can increase just as well. When the tire pressure is increased, tires begin to wear and blowouts can easily occur. To protect your travels and your family be sure that your tires are inflated appropriately and set to the proper air pressure settings. Be sure there are no leaks in your tires before starting out on any long drives since leaks ultimately result in flat tires.
THE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN COUNT ON
Summer is surely a favored time of year for most people and long family road trips are a definite part of the fun. With that said the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to advise all our clients to be particularly careful with the overall care and maintenance of their vehicles in the hot summer temperatures so as to avoid being faced with dangerous and costly car problems.
Routine maintenance contributes to a healthy vehicle, less repairs and overall peace of mind. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated technicians stands ready to meet your every need and are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Tennessee.
If summer road trips are on the agenda for your family this year, then be sure to take time out to perform routine maintenance and a vehicle checkup to avoid the inconvenience, fear and cost of potential car problems you can face. Reach out to one of our team and schedule your routine maintenance and inspection. We look forward to serving you and to helping you and your family get the most fun and excitement out of your summer road trips. Summer is right around the corner, so be sure to schedule your automotive appointment today!
Now that spring is in full bloom and summer right around the corner, drivers need to give some focus to wet weather driving that often occurs during the May and June rainy months. When accidents do occur, most individuals tend to lay blame with the weather itself rather than their lack of attention and focus to the conditions at hand. Rainy wet roads and highways are familiar driving hazards that drivers can easily and effectively prepare for by thinking ahead, being patient and staying focused. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple, but important tips to help you when driving in wet weather conditions.
TIPS TO HELP YOU HANDLE WET WEATHER DRIVING
For the most part, the failure of a driver to respond appropriately to the hazardous weather conditions and to the many risks that are affiliated with those conditions, is more times than not the primary cause of many accidents that occur when drivers find themselves faced with the challenge.
- Various weather conditions, whether rain, snow, ice or hail, have a direct impact on your visibility, traction and your ability to properly control your vehicle. When driving in any type of wet weather, it is important to recognize that every vehicle needs to have greater distance and space between them in the driver’s efforts to maintain consistent control. When you are driving in conditions that present with reduced traction, it is best to allow an additional distance of at least double the normal amount of space you would allow in dry weather conditions so as to be able to deal with and handle the current driving conditions.
- Further to your ability to drive safely in wet weather is the simple fact that your tires need to be in tip top shape since the contact they have with the roadway is critical to your ride. If your tires do not have sufficient treads, they will be unable to move the water away from your tires and will ultimately cause your vehicle to hydroplane. Hydroplaning typically occurs when your tires have a minimized grip capability because of the water buildup between the roadway and your tires. With that said, it is important you keep a close watch on your tire tread depths and the overall health and safety of your tires.
- You also want to be sure to check your windshield wiper blades regularly and certainly in advance of any wet weather driving you may have to do. Remember, when purchasing wiper blades, you absolutely get what you pay for so investing a little bit of money on premium windshield wipers is sure to be a benefit you’ll appreciate over and over again.
- Be sure to maintain a safe speed when driving in the rain or other wet weather and make always turn your lights on when driving as well. Fog lights can be especially helpful when driving in hazardous wet weather conditions.
- Finally, wet weather driving requires drivers to engage in gentle use of their steering, brakes, clutch and accelerator in their efforts to minimize errors, accidents and/or emergencies. Bottom line – take it easy when you are driving in any type of wet weather conditions.
THE AUTOMOTIVE TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we are committed to the well-being and safety of all our valued clients which is why we wanted to share these wet weather driving tips with you. If you have any questions about hazardous driving conditions and the risks, feel free to reach out to our friendly, certified professionals. Our team looks forward to serving you and to providing you with the highest quality automotive services and repairs this side of Franklin. Don’t delay. Schedule your appointment today!
There are some specific car noises that no driver wants to hear because they typically mean there is a problem with your vehicle and often times is costly to repair. Most drivers are very familiar with their cars and can easily detect a noise that can potentially become a problem over time. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to familiarize our valued clients with some of the most common noises that indicate that there may be some type of trouble brewing.
CAR NOISES YOU SHOULD NEVER IGNORE
- One of the first noises you want to give attention to is that of a sound much like a coin that is bouncing around in your clothes dryer. If you happen to hear this little bit of rattling coming from inside your wheels when driving at slower speeds but it disappears once you accelerate faster, there is a good chance that you have a loose lug nut shifting around inside one of your hub caps. It is probably the result of your wheel not being properly tightened the last time it was removed. Be sure to get on down to our trusted facility ASAP should you hear this rattling sound.
- The next sound to raise concern is that of grinding or squealing brakes. When you hear a squealing sound it typically means that your brake shoes or pads are nearing the end of their life expectancy and need to be replaced as soon as possible. If, on the other hand, you hear more of a grinding sound then make it a point to have a mechanic check your brakes immediately because this sound is usually an indicator that your brake pads are so worn down that they are touching metal which can be a very serious and dangerous problem.
- Yet another sound to be on the lookout for is that of a popping or loud clicking sound whenever you turn your vehicle. If you have an all-wheel or front-wheel drive vehicle this sound when making a turn usually means that the CV joints on the front axle of the vehicle need to be replaced. Be sure to get to a mechanic as soon as possible.
- If you hear a clunking or banging rhythmic sound coming from under your hood, we strongly suggest you get to our shop as quickly as possible. This sound is an indicator that you have a critical problem with either your valves, pistons or connecting rods and is nothing to play around with.
- Finally, if you hear an annoying squealing sound coming from under the hood when you either start up the vehicle or when you accelerate, don’t delay. This usually means that you have worn out or loose accessory belts linked to the power steering pump, the alternator, or even the air conditioner compressor. It could also be attributed to a problem with your serpentine belt as well.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled technicians is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We understand full well how important it is for all our customers to have reliable vehicles that run properly at all times.
If you find yourself faced with any one of these car noises, then surely you have come to the right place. Our technicians stand ready to serve you and are steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. For state-of-the-art automotive services and a team of dedicated experts who strive to deliver the best, and most affordable automotive services, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
Most drivers are not familiar with the signs and indicators of failing brakes. Often times people are driving vehicles that require new brakes, but are entirely unaware. Failing brakes are dangerous, which is why the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to acquaint our valued customers with signs that indicate it may very well be time to install a new brake system.
In a world congested with auto shops and repair facilities, choosing the right automotive service and repair shop can be both challenging and confusing. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin takes a great deal of pride in our years of dedicated service to our valued clients and in providing all of our customers with only the highest quality products and services. Our team of professionals strives to provide our clients with all the data and insight they need to better understand their vehicles and their vehicle needs, which includes recognizing the signs that your brakes may be failing and a new brake system is needed.
In our efforts to assist our clients, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin have put together this quick and easy list of indicators that will help you to know when and if you are in need of new brakes for your vehicle. If you recognize any of these signs or indicators, then don’t delay, but rather reach out to our team of friendly automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to schedule your brake service and install today.
INDICATORS THAT IT MAY BE TIME TO INSTALL NEW BRAKES
Here are some of the most common signs you should be on the lookout for:
- The presence of a screeching, grinding or squeaking noise
- A dashboard braking system warning light has come on
- Consistent vibration or wobbling when you apply your vehicle’s brakes
- Fluid leaking
- Your car tends to pull to one side when applying your brakes
- An up and down bouncing when you come to a short, quick stop
- A noticeable burning smell when driving your vehicle.
If you have noticed any of the above-mentioned indicators with your current braking system, then be sure to reach out to our automotive specialists today. Our techs are on hand to answer all your questions, address any concerns you may have and offer insight on the source of your problem as well as necessary solutions.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
The friendly, qualified automotive experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin take pride in our high marketplace presence and are steadfast in their efforts to maintain our high customer satisfaction rating and our overall industry presence. We use only state of the art products and the newest technologies and offer top-rated services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. In addition, we offer affordable prices and timelines that are accommodating to your individual needs.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we value our highly reputable team of technicians who are dedicated to ensuring the overall happiness and satisfaction of all our clients. We know full well there are a vast number of automotive facilities you can choose from, but want to assure you that when you choose us, you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
If you are in need of a new brake system, or any other automotive repairs or services, then we are the team for you. Simply give a shout out to one of our technicians today and schedule your repair or service appointment. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round automotive services this side of Tennessee!
Nearly everybody today is dependent upon their vehicles. But often times people fail to schedule proper auto maintenance and care of their vehicles. Without routine maintenance, the chance of experiencing unexpected car trouble is increased, not to mention that lack of proper care and maintenance can minimize the lifespan of your vehicle over time. That’s where the dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin come in. Our team is steadfast in their commitment to provide clients with repair and service needs that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors.
OUR TEAM HANDLES IT ALL
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take pride in providing our clients with only the highest quality automotive repairs and services this side of the state. From new tires and tire rotations, brake installations, air conditioning repair and windshield wipers, to electrical repairs, tune-ups, and a variety of systems checkups our team of highly skilled automotive techs handle it all.
Located right here in Franklin, the friendly professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin use only the best innovative technologies as well as state of the art equipment to perform all types of repairs and automotive services. Our skilled technicians are on hand to answer any questions you may have about your vehicle and discuss concerns about maintenance issues and performance. We cannot emphasize enough to all our valued clients the overall importance of having routine auto maintenance performed on your vehicle, including regularly scheduled oil changes, system checkups, tune-ups, brake installations and tire rotations. Each of these functions and many more contribute directly to the overall health, performance and lifespan of your vehicles.
PROPER MAINTENANCE MATTERS
Maintaining and caring for your vehicle can surely minimize the chances for major auto repairs or services. Our certified, friendly team of service techs is available to provide you with all the important data you need to help with the proper care and maintenance of your vehicle. Technicians can identify potential problems, bring them to your attention, discuss your options, and provide effective solutions as needed. Often times, individuals are completely unaware of a problem in the making, which is where our techs come in. Our repair team provides clients with a thorough explanation of auto services performed, the source of the problem that led to the services rendered, steps taken to resolve the issue, and upcoming maintenance schedules that customers need be aware of. We will never suggest auto services or repairs be performed that are not absolutely necessary. We strive to maintain complete maintenance records of all repairs and services performed on your vehicle and keep our clients apprised of any and all upcoming necessary services.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN COUNT ON
If you reside in Franklin or any of the nearby towns and find yourself in need of quality automotive repairs, services or auto maintenance then we are definitely the team for you. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we take a great deal of pride in our superior auto products and services and in providing our clients with the peace of mind they need to know that they have put their trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts, our team of dedicated technicians strive to maintain that very marketplace presence by only providing the highest quality parts and services to all our valued clients.
Spring is here and surely everyone is prepared to start traveling a bit throughout the spring and summer months. With that said, we recommend you take time out to have proper auto maintenance performed on your vehicle before all that warm weather travel and fun begins!
Well, summer has finally arrived. During the warm summer months there tend to be a whole lot more drivers on the road, especially since there is no snow, ice, or slippery conditions to contend with. With that said the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to offer some important tips for safe summer driving.
Families and friends venture out on summer vacations, couples take romantic road trips to lovely destinations, and overall the traffic on the roads and highways in both the cities and rural areas is desperately increased. With that said, there is also an increased risk of traffic accidents during the many summer holidays including Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day because people tend to want to party, travel and enjoy adventures during the holiday seasons. During the summer holidays, as well as the entire summer season, it is very important for drivers of all ages to practice safe driving tips and habits in their efforts to keep themselves, their passengers and their loved ones all safe while traveling.
Here are some simple, practical and safe summer driving tips for everyone to follow:
- Pay close attention to various summer road conditions – Though there is no snow or ice to contend with in the summer time, but rather warm, comfortable weather and lots of sunny skies, during the summer months there are a variety of other road conditions you need be aware of. Hot temperatures and overly dry atmospheres can contribute to cracks in the roadways that can disrupt your safety while driving. Be on the lookout for tricky road conditions. In addition, during the summer months and in the late afternoons, the sun typically causes visibility issues when driving, be prepared by keeping a good pair of sunglasses on hand in your vehicle.
- Don’t be sidetracked by distractions – Carpooling with co-workers, taking road trips with loved ones or heading out on family vacations can certainly make summer a whole lot more fun. However, when travelling with passengers you have an increased risk of distractions while driving. Whether conversations, excessive laughing, passing food and drinks, or using a cell phone, the number of distractions while driving are many. With that said, be sure to instruct your passengers to avoid distracting you while driving so as to ensure the safety of all your passengers. Passengers should avoid making sudden loud noises or outbursts or showing you that funny post on Facebook. Your full attention, when driving, should always be on the road ahead and safety should be at the top of your priority list.
- Always drive defensively – When driving you should always keep a good distance behind the car in front of you and never tailgate. Be aware of other drivers on the road and always, but always use your proper signals. You also want to be mindful of all the traffic around you and always adhere to the speed limits. Practicing defensive driving will afford you the opportunity to keep yourself and your passengers safe and out of harms way.
We hope you find these safe summer driving tips useful. Remember, should you find yourself in need of automotive repairs or routine automotive services, then surely we are the team for you. The highly experienced technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are committed to the satisfaction and safety of all our valued clients.
Summer is finally here, so don’t forget to have your AC system checked, your brakes adjusted, and even your windshield wipers replaced before you start enjoying all that summer driving. We look forward to serving you and to providing the highest quality automotive services this side of Franklin, season after season, year after year. With summer now upon us, we send along wishes for a safe and enjoyable summer and ask you to be mindful of our safe summer driving tips!