Car Services and Tips for Your Summer Road Trips
It’s almost that time of year again! The hot summer weather and warm sunny days are just around the corner. Time to start planning your fun-filled summer road trips with family and friends. Everyone is more than likely all ready to celebrate summer, but it’s important you ensure your car is ready too. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple car services and some important tips to make your road trips safer and a whole lot more fun.
Be Smart and Prepare for Your Road Trips
First and foremost, when planning your summer road trips, take the proper time to ensure that your vehicle is ready for the challenge. You want to be sure that your car is performing at peak levels before its time to hit the road. It is important to take steps to avoid any vehicle breakdowns, while enjoying your summer travels.
Before you hit the road, be sure you perform all the necessary routine car services and maintenance to avoid any problems or delays. Whether you perform them yourself or rely on our team of auto techs, they are an absolute must do before heading out on the road. Here are the services we highly recommend you perform:
- Oil and filter change
- Brake inspection
- Battery inspection
- Check all tires for proper pressure and healthy treads
- Check the integrity of your windshield wipers
- Fill your wiper fluid
- Check all headlights, turn signals, brake lights and tail lights
Performing routine maintenance will give you the peace of mind you need when you are heading out on those long summer road trips. You don’t want your summer fun spoiled by a car that won’t run, overheats or simply breaks down. So be sure to contact our skilled team of specialists today and schedule your service appointment.
A Couple of Summer Travel Tips
In addition to proper vehicle maintenance, we want to share a couple of handy tips for your summer road trips. Whether you have an emergency, unsuspecting car problems, or even an injury of some kind, we want you to be prepared.
- Prepare an emergency safety kit – It’s not all that common when on a road trip to find yourself lost. Further, accidents can happen and tow trucks can take their time to come to your rescue. With all this in mind, here are some important things to pack in case of a road trip safety emergency.
- Be sure your GPS is activated
- Safety flares
- First aid kit
- Spare vehicle key
- Fire extinguisher
- Roll of paper towels
- Put together an emergency toolkit – Even after performing routine maintenance and taking steps to ensure your car is prepped and ready to go, there are mishaps that can still occur. If an emergency does occur, we want you to be on the safe side and fully prepared. Pack a toolkit with all the goodies you need to handle any unsuspecting road emergencies. Include the following in your kit:
- Jumper cables
- A couple of quarts of oil
- A funnel for the oil
- Tire pressure gauge
- A spare tire and proper tools for changing the tire
Enjoy Your Summer to The Fullest
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we want to make sure you are ready for your summer road trips. For more information about car services, maintenance, or safety and travel tips trust our friendly auto techs. Summer is but a short three months, but the fun you have can be endless. To get the most out of your summer and be sure your car is ready to travel, trust the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!