In today’s world, most people put the care and maintenance of their vehicles into the hands of highly skilled and trained mechanics. From the simplest of tasks to the most complex auto repairs, car owners across the board have that one trusted auto repair shop they can always count on. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some of the most common repairs and maintenance that need to be performed to keep your vehicle operating at peak levels.
IMPORTANT VEHICLE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- · Engine diagnostics – There certainly are a number of trendy gadgets we can purchase today that allow us to connect to our car’s computer and find the source of a check engine light. Performing the needed repairs, however, is an altogether different story. Many auto problems that trigger the check engine light to go on typically require the services of professional automotive technicians to bring about an effective solution and make that annoying check engine light go away. With that said, when you experience a check engine light problem, it’s best to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin so that your code can be read and deciphered properly and an effective repair performed.
- · Engine and transmission repairs – Today’s state of the art vehicles now have a full range of new features. From innovative electronics and multiple cams to fuel injection, today’s cars and trucks have a whirlwind of complex engine and transmission components. For that reason, we highly recommend you trust your vehicle’s engine and transmission repairs to the trusted team of specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- · Suspension mishaps and repairs – The suspension of any vehicle plays a significant role in the overall safety of your vehicle. Installing new components and parts, or performing repairs to existing components can be a rather complicated task. Alignment specs need to be properly engaged or else the overall safety of your vehicle is impaired. The suspension is directly linked to your vehicle’s tires, which dictate how safe and comfortable your ride is. Proper care and maintenance of your vehicle suspension will not only increase the overall lifespan of your tires but will also increase the overall safety of your vehicle and all its passengers.
- · AC care and maintenance – Your AC system is a sealed system within your vehicle. If you have an AC issue and note that you are in need of freon, rest assured you have an AC leak. Simply adding freon to the vehicle will only provide a temporary solution to your problem. In order to determine the source of the problem, whether no air is blowing at all, or the air that is blowing is warm, highly trained automotive techs will need to perform an AC diagnostic test, decipher the code and thereafter, be able to perform the necessary auto repairs to resolve your AC issues.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and certified automotive technicians are on hand to meet your every need. Whether you are in need of a standard oil and filter change, a new set of tires, have battery issues or your transmission is slipping, rest assured we are the team for you.
Whatever your automotive needs may be, regardless of how simple or complex your auto repairs are, surely you have come to the right place. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our dedicated specialists get your vehicle back on the road again. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
Do you own a fleet of trucks, limos or cars that you rely upon every day for your business? If so, having a top-rated auto repair facility you can trust with all your maintenance, repair and service needs as well as your routine vehicle maintenance is an absolute must do. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced auto technicians stand ready to meet your every fleet auto maintenance needs.
We are confident that you will find the utmost satisfaction in not only our high-performance services, but our turnaround times and affordable prices as well. Our team is steadfast in meeting the needs of all our valued clients and in performing the highest level of customer satisfaction and approval. The fleet services we can provide stand out from our competitors and our marketplace presence is a true testament to our commitment and to that very fact.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR ALL YOUR AUTOMOTIVE NEEDS
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed and dedicated to providing our valued clients with only the highest quality parts, repairs, and service needs required for your fleet of cars, trucks and limos. With a fully licensed and certified team, and ongoing automotive training, you can be sure when you put your trust in us, that you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
Our friendly staff is here to provide you with all your automotive needs from basic maintenance including brake repair, mufflers, AC repairs, and tune ups to electrical systems and transmission issues to name a few. We are truly your one stop shopping facility here in Franklin serving many of the surrounding towns as well.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Our mission statement is simple – we strive for 100% customer satisfaction with all our maintenance and repair service we provide. We are truly committed to our customers and to our top-rated customer service and our team is always on hand to answer any questions and resolve your every automotive problem.
TRUST YOUR FLEET TO US
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we understand full well the impact a failed fleet can have on your business. We know that if your fleet is not operating at peak levels, your business stands to suffer a loss. With that said, with our multi-point inspection, we can identify any potential problems in advance and avoid hefty repair costs or downtime for your vehicles. We not only provide superior automotive services for your fleet, but we will track and keep records of all services and repairs performed and advise you when routine service is needed for any of your fleet vehicles.
TOP-RATED FRANKLIN AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
To learn more about our state-of-the-art fleet automotive maintenance programs, be sure to reach out to one of our team members and schedule your free consultation appointment today. Our friendly team strives to not only deliver the best all round fleet auto maintenance services and repairs this side of Franklin, but to deliver peace of mind needed when entrusting the care and maintenance of your fleet vehicles to us. We have earned a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best automotive facilities this side of the state and take pride in being recognized as your go to facility for all your automotive needs. Whatever your business, however many vehicles in your fleet, put your trust in the experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did.
The muffler is one of the most important components that contribute to the overall functionality of your vehicle. If a muffler is not operating properly, there are a number of problems that could arise, causing severe challenges with your vehicle. A malfunctioning muffler can cause a great deal of damage to your vehicle and render it non drivable. When you find yourself faced with these complicated issues and a vehicle that simply cannot be driven, then the ideal solution to the problem is a necessary muffler replacement.
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with our valued clients some of the obvious indicators that it may be time to replace your muffler. We have focused on those warning signs below.
THREE OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU ARE IN NEED OF A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the first signs that your muffler is in need of replacement is that of strange, loud noises coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of the muffler is to reduce any noises that are produced by the vehicle’s exhaust system. With that said, if you hear a loud noise when accelerating that is a pretty prominent indicator that you need a muffler replacement. Common causes of these loud noises would be either holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A decrease in your typical gas mileage – Another sign that your muffler is on its way out is that of decreased gas mileage. When a muffler is functioning properly, it contributes to your vehicle’s efficiency. When there is a noticeable change in efficiency, it is usually an indicator that there is a problem with the muffler. A new muffler will help to filter the exhaust more efficiently and increase your gas mileage again.
- A noticeable bad odor is being emitted from your muffler – A third sign that your muffler needs replacing is that of a bad odor or smell coming from your vehicle. The muffler filters the fumes out of your exhaust, but if there is a leak or any other damage to the muffler it cannot filter fumes properly. If you notice a bad odor be sure to get the vehicle into our trusted mechanics as soon as possible. Failure to do so could wind of being quite dangerous since exhaust fumes can become near to fatal over an extended period of time.
Overall, the above indicators are definite signs that your muffler may very well need to be replaced. If you pay attention to these signs and catch them early on, then your replacement muffler can be somewhat inexpensive. Giving focus to your damaged muffler early on can help to keep your vehicle fully functional and operating at peak levels for a long time down the road. In addition, giving focus to these indicators will certainly contribute to the overall efficiency of your vehicle and can help to avoid more complicated and serious automotive problems from occurring.
THE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and experienced technicians take tremendous pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. Our professionals are steadfast in their efforts to meet the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to clients and with prices that are every bit competitive and affordable.
If you are in need of automotive repairs or services, including a muffler replacement, then look to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
With summer right around the corner, it will soon be time for families to plan their summer escapes. With the current restrictions in place today, many families will choose to drive to their summer vacation destinations rather than chance taking flights. Road trips are often an ideal way for families to spend quality time together and enjoy loads of fun and laughter. How exciting it can be to pack up the car and get behind the wheel on a beautiful summer day and head towards your summer vacation destination. Surely there is no better way to share family memories than with a fun-filled summer road trip unless of course you find yourself faced with unsuspecting car problems.
COMMON SUMMER CAR PROBLEMS
Summer is certainly a time for scorching hot temperatures that can lead to many problems not only with your health but with your car as well. Extremely high temperatures can take an incredible toll on your vehicle which is why the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to acquaint our valued clients with some of the common car problems than can catch you off guard this summer. Nearly anything can go wrong when travelling but there are a number of common problems that can put a damper on all your vacation fun if you don’t take care of them beforehand.
- Overheating Engine – Scorching summer temperatures often contribute to an overheated engine. A vehicle’s engine can reach a temperature near to 200 degrees and coupled with sweltering high outside temperatures can be a definite problem in the making – an overheated engine.
- Low Fluid Levels – It is important to take every precaution to protect your car’s engine in the hot summer months. One of the best tips for ensuring safe and fun summer road trips is to be sure that all your fluids are topped off before starting out on the road. Whether the motor oil, coolant, anti-freeze or the windshield wiper fluids be sure that all your levels are topped and your vehicle is ready to go.
- Low or Dead Battery – Batteries are often times one of the most common car problems that motorists are faced with during the hot summer season. If your battery is old and perhaps near to the end of its lifespan, then be sure to have it checked before journeying out on the roadways.
- Flat or Balding Tires – When the temperatures rise in the summer months the air pressure in your tires can increase just as well. When the tire pressure is increased, tires begin to wear and blowouts can easily occur. To protect your travels and your family be sure that your tires are inflated appropriately and set to the proper air pressure settings. Be sure there are no leaks in your tires before starting out on any long drives since leaks ultimately result in flat tires.
THE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN COUNT ON
Summer is surely a favored time of year for most people and long family road trips are a definite part of the fun. With that said the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to advise all our clients to be particularly careful with the overall care and maintenance of their vehicles in the hot summer temperatures so as to avoid being faced with dangerous and costly car problems.
Routine maintenance contributes to a healthy vehicle, less repairs and overall peace of mind. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated technicians stands ready to meet your every need and are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Tennessee.
If summer road trips are on the agenda for your family this year, then be sure to take time out to perform routine maintenance and a vehicle checkup to avoid the inconvenience, fear and cost of potential car problems you can face. Reach out to one of our team and schedule your routine maintenance and inspection. We look forward to serving you and to helping you and your family get the most fun and excitement out of your summer road trips. Summer is right around the corner, so be sure to schedule your automotive appointment today!
There are some specific car noises that no driver wants to hear because they typically mean there is a problem with your vehicle and often times is costly to repair. Most drivers are very familiar with their cars and can easily detect a noise that can potentially become a problem over time. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to familiarize our valued clients with some of the most common noises that indicate that there may be some type of trouble brewing.
CAR NOISES YOU SHOULD NEVER IGNORE
- One of the first noises you want to give attention to is that of a sound much like a coin that is bouncing around in your clothes dryer. If you happen to hear this little bit of rattling coming from inside your wheels when driving at slower speeds but it disappears once you accelerate faster, there is a good chance that you have a loose lug nut shifting around inside one of your hub caps. It is probably the result of your wheel not being properly tightened the last time it was removed. Be sure to get on down to our trusted facility ASAP should you hear this rattling sound.
- The next sound to raise concern is that of grinding or squealing brakes. When you hear a squealing sound it typically means that your brake shoes or pads are nearing the end of their life expectancy and need to be replaced as soon as possible. If, on the other hand, you hear more of a grinding sound then make it a point to have a mechanic check your brakes immediately because this sound is usually an indicator that your brake pads are so worn down that they are touching metal which can be a very serious and dangerous problem.
- Yet another sound to be on the lookout for is that of a popping or loud clicking sound whenever you turn your vehicle. If you have an all-wheel or front-wheel drive vehicle this sound when making a turn usually means that the CV joints on the front axle of the vehicle need to be replaced. Be sure to get to a mechanic as soon as possible.
- If you hear a clunking or banging rhythmic sound coming from under your hood, we strongly suggest you get to our shop as quickly as possible. This sound is an indicator that you have a critical problem with either your valves, pistons or connecting rods and is nothing to play around with.
- Finally, if you hear an annoying squealing sound coming from under the hood when you either start up the vehicle or when you accelerate, don’t delay. This usually means that you have worn out or loose accessory belts linked to the power steering pump, the alternator, or even the air conditioner compressor. It could also be attributed to a problem with your serpentine belt as well.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled technicians is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We understand full well how important it is for all our customers to have reliable vehicles that run properly at all times.
If you find yourself faced with any one of these car noises, then surely you have come to the right place. Our technicians stand ready to serve you and are steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. For state-of-the-art automotive services and a team of dedicated experts who strive to deliver the best, and most affordable automotive services, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
Nearly everybody today is dependent upon their vehicles. But often times people fail to schedule proper auto maintenance and care of their vehicles. Without routine maintenance, the chance of experiencing unexpected car trouble is increased, not to mention that lack of proper care and maintenance can minimize the lifespan of your vehicle over time. That’s where the dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin come in. Our team is steadfast in their commitment to provide clients with repair and service needs that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors.
OUR TEAM HANDLES IT ALL
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take pride in providing our clients with only the highest quality automotive repairs and services this side of the state. From new tires and tire rotations, brake installations, air conditioning repair and windshield wipers, to electrical repairs, tune-ups, and a variety of systems checkups our team of highly skilled automotive techs handle it all.
Located right here in Franklin, the friendly professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin use only the best innovative technologies as well as state of the art equipment to perform all types of repairs and automotive services. Our skilled technicians are on hand to answer any questions you may have about your vehicle and discuss concerns about maintenance issues and performance. We cannot emphasize enough to all our valued clients the overall importance of having routine auto maintenance performed on your vehicle, including regularly scheduled oil changes, system checkups, tune-ups, brake installations and tire rotations. Each of these functions and many more contribute directly to the overall health, performance and lifespan of your vehicles.
PROPER MAINTENANCE MATTERS
Maintaining and caring for your vehicle can surely minimize the chances for major auto repairs or services. Our certified, friendly team of service techs is available to provide you with all the important data you need to help with the proper care and maintenance of your vehicle. Technicians can identify potential problems, bring them to your attention, discuss your options, and provide effective solutions as needed. Often times, individuals are completely unaware of a problem in the making, which is where our techs come in. Our repair team provides clients with a thorough explanation of auto services performed, the source of the problem that led to the services rendered, steps taken to resolve the issue, and upcoming maintenance schedules that customers need be aware of. We will never suggest auto services or repairs be performed that are not absolutely necessary. We strive to maintain complete maintenance records of all repairs and services performed on your vehicle and keep our clients apprised of any and all upcoming necessary services.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN COUNT ON
If you reside in Franklin or any of the nearby towns and find yourself in need of quality automotive repairs, services or auto maintenance then we are definitely the team for you. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we take a great deal of pride in our superior auto products and services and in providing our clients with the peace of mind they need to know that they have put their trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts, our team of dedicated technicians strive to maintain that very marketplace presence by only providing the highest quality parts and services to all our valued clients.
Spring is here and surely everyone is prepared to start traveling a bit throughout the spring and summer months. With that said, we recommend you take time out to have proper auto maintenance performed on your vehicle before all that warm weather travel and fun begins!
When your car dashboard lights all of a sudden come on, surely you are like nearly every other person, you panic wondering what has gone wrong. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we thought we would provide you with three of the most common automotive problems that occur and the ideal solution for each. Read More
Historically car owners would have a tune-up performed at about 35,000 miles. The tune-up would consist primarily of replacing mechanical breaker points in the ignition, setting the ignition timing, cleaning the carburetor and replacing spark plugs and plug wires.
In today’s world the tasks performed by the carburetor are now done by way of fuel injection and both the spark and ignition timing are controlled now by the engine computer of your vehicle. In addition, there are minimal vehicles today that still have plug wires since the distributor has long been replaced by the vehicle’s computer and a new coil on plug design that transfers a spark at each of the spark plugs.
WHAT ABOUT MAINTENANCE OF THE SPARK PLUGS THEMSELVES
As a result of innovative plug designs and materials today, most manufacturers suggest 80K mile service intervals on a vehicle’s spark plugs. The electrodes on the spark plugs will typically begin to wear down at 80,000 miles and a worn-down electrode results in a wider spark plug gap and ultimately in a loss of both power and fuel economy as well. In addition, spark plugs in place for thousands of miles tend to present with seized threads which, as many of us know, can be very difficult to remove from the engine cylinder head and can result in quite an increased repair bill at that time.
With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to advise all our valued customers on the importance of replacing spark plugs and proper maintenance as well. If you have a vehicle equipped already with a specific type or brand of spark plug, it is important that you adhere to that same plug design when it comes time to replace them. In addition, it is a good idea, when replacing spark plugs to also give attention to a few other items under your vehicle’s hood. Some of those items (but not limited to) include the air filter, cabin air filter, belts, hoses, the starter, the charging system, 02 sensor, and all vacuum lines and junctions.
Though today’s cars tend to be much less high maintenance, that does not mean that they are entirely maintenance free and require no attention at all. Recognizing that a routinely and well-maintained vehicle is, in fact, a very reliable and high powered running vehicle, it is important that you do not put off or entirely neglect vehicle maintenance such as replacing spark plugs simply because it is a maintenance task that needs not to be performed very often. It may not be necessary to change out spark plugs often, but it is imperative that at that 80K marker, or perhaps a bit before or after 80K, that you invest in necessary maintenance and have your spark plugs replaced.
THE DEDICATED TEAM YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians is on hand to meet your every need. Our team of professionals is committed and dedicated to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality parts and services this side of Franklin. Recognized as one of the best all round automotive service stations this side of the state, our team is steadfast in meeting the needs of all our valued clients in timelines that are accommodating to their individual needs. We take pride in our affordable prices, our quality products and services and our top-rated team of certified auto techs.
From oil changes, tire rotations and AC system checks to diagnostic testing and replacing spark plugs the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin handles it all. Give a shout out to our staff today and schedule your service appointment!
Have you ever been driving along in the scorching hot summer weather and all of a sudden find your vehicle’s air conditioner is blowing warm air? You have just finished the longest day ever at work and are not only exhausted physically, but exhausted by the extreme heat and now have to drive all the way home without any cool air. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to offer you some insight on the primary reasons why your vehicle’s air conditioner is blowing warm rather than cold air. Read More
Keeping your car’s cooling system working at peak levels can certainly be a challenge and especially when the summer temperatures reach scorching hot levels. Our valued clients have nothing to worry about when they put their trust into the hands of our highly skilled and licensed mechanics here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Our team of professionals specializes in all types of automotive repairs and have all the know-how needed to get your car and keep your car’s automotive cooling system in tip top working order.
Your car’s cooling system minimizes the temperature of your vehicle and helps to keep all the engine components working efficiently and effectively. It is important that our clients understand what goes on under the hood in our efforts to keep everyone apprised of important facts they need to know about their automotive cooling system. For starters, there are spark plugs located inside your car’s engine that ignite the gas inside the engine cylinders which ultimately contribute to your vehicle’s forward moving motion. The spark plugs create tiny explosions in the engine that, when not controlled, can actually reach high temperatures and cause damage to your car’s engine.
Your automotive cooling system has a liquid coolant within the engine that absorbs the heat that is generated by the engine and transports it through rubber tubes cooling it during the transfer. Whenever any of the components of your cooling system become worn or damaged your vehicle’s air conditioner will not function properly. When you bring your vehicle to our team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin for a cooling system problem, our experienced technicians will check all the hoses and belts in search of any holes or cracks. They will then check your fluid levels, look for any signs of rust or deterioration, or the presence of fluids that indicate leaks or damages. Once they have checked all the components they will ensure that in addition to properly working components that all the fans, and your thermostat are fully functional and operating at peak levels.
Over time, your automotive cooling system will fall prey to scale deposits that will minimize the circulation of coolant in your vehicle requiring a flushing of your cooling system by a professional. Our specialists will perform all the necessary tests and exams to identify problems and thereafter provide effective solutions to ensure that your cooling system is in proper working order for years ahead. In your efforts to keep your cooling system performing at high levels never disregard issues that are present with your vehicle’s air conditioning because they could turn into serious problems that will eventually shut down your engine altogether.
In addition, it is important to have your coolant system flushed every 2 years at least, or every 40-50,000 miles traveled. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we typically check all fluid levels, including your coolant levels, during your routine oil changes. If you are experiencing issues with your automotive cooling system then be sure to reach out to the friendly team of automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
Our team is dedicated to providing our valued clients with the highest quality automotive products, services and repairs and looks forward to our every opportunity to serve you. If you are in need of automotive repairs or services, or its time to have your automotive cooling system inspected and maintained, then surely you have come to the right place. Summer is here as are the scorching hot temperatures, so don’t get caught without your vehicle’s air conditioning. Contact our team today and schedule your system inspection and checkup now. You’ll be more than glad you did!