Ignoring certain signals from your vehicle can lead to serious problems, potentially compromising your safety and leading to costly repairs. This blog post outlines the top 5 signs indicating your car requires immediate professional attention, helping you to take timely action and maintain your vehicle’s health.
Unusual Noises: When your car starts making noises that are out of the ordinary, it’s a sign that something is wrong. Grinding sounds when braking can indicate worn brake pads or rotors, while a knocking sound from the engine could point to problems with the engine bearings, which are critical for smooth engine operation. A whining transmission, on the other hand, may suggest transmission fluid issues or internal component wear. These sounds are not just annoyances—they are your car’s way of telling you it needs help. Ignoring them can lead to more severe, often more expensive, issues down the line. A professional mechanic can diagnose and resolve these problems, often saving you from more significant trouble.
Warning Lights on Dashboard: Your car’s dashboard is equipped with various indicators designed to alert you to potential problems. When critical lights such as the engine warning or oil pressure light illuminate, it’s a direct signal that your vehicle needs immediate attention. These lights are connected to sensors that monitor your car’s health; when something goes awry, these indicators are your first line of defense. Early intervention upon seeing these lights can prevent more extensive damage to your car, saving you time and money in the long run.
Smoke or Steam from Under the Hood: Seeing smoke or steam emanating from under your car’s hood is a clear indicator of trouble. Smoke could signal an oil leak that, if ignored, could lead to an engine fire or severe damage. Steam, often mistaken for smoke, usually indicates overheating, which can cause significant damage to the engine and its components. Both scenarios suggest that your vehicle needs to be checked immediately to diagnose and remedy the issue, preventing further damage and ensuring your safety.
Leaks: Spotting unexpected fluids under your car is a warning sign of a potential leak. These fluids play essential roles in your vehicle’s operation, from cooling the engine (coolant) to lubricating moving parts (oil) and ensuring your ability to stop (brake fluid). A leak can lead to system failures and, ultimately, vehicle breakdown. Identifying and fixing leaks early can prevent more severe issues, keeping your car running smoothly.
Handling or Performance Issues: If your car starts to stall, hesitate, or lose performance, these are signs that should not be ignored. Such issues can stem from a variety of causes, including problems with the fuel system, clogged filters, or faulty sensors. These symptoms can affect your car’s efficiency and, more importantly, your safety on the road. Early diagnosis and repair are crucial to avoiding more complicated and costly repairs later on.
Recognizing these signs and seeking professional help promptly can save you time and money, ensuring your vehicle remains reliable and safe on the road.
Car Dashboard Indicator Guide
Navigating the array of lights and symbols on your car’s dashboard is a crucial aspect of safe driving and effective vehicle maintenance. For many drivers, these indicators can be perplexing, often igniting a sense of alarm or confusion. Understanding what these symbols signify is not just about solving the mystery; it’s about responding correctly to potential issues and ensuring your vehicle’s optimal performance. This comprehensive guide aims to demystify these indicators, providing clear explanations for the most common dashboard lights and symbols. By familiarizing yourself with this essential aspect of car knowledge, you’ll be better equipped to maintain your vehicle’s health and respond appropriately to its needs, ensuring a safer and more reliable driving experience.
- Engine Warning Light (Check Engine): This light could indicate a range of issues from a loose gas cap to a serious engine malfunction. It’s advisable to get your car checked by a professional if this light stays on.
- Oil Pressure Warning: This indicates a drop in oil pressure. Immediate attention is needed as it can lead to engine damage.
- Battery Charge Warning: When this light comes on, it may indicate a problem with the battery charging system. It’s important to address this quickly to avoid being stranded with a dead battery.
- Brake System Warning: This light means there’s an issue with the braking system. If this lights up along with the ABS light, it requires immediate professional attention.
- ABS Warning Light: Indicates a problem with the Anti-lock Braking System. While your brakes will still work, the anti-lock feature is disabled.
- Engine Temperature Warning: This suggests that your engine is overheating. You should stop driving as soon as it’s safe to do so and check the coolant levels.
- Tire Pressure Warning: This light means one or more of your tires are significantly under-inflated. Proper tire pressure is essential for safe driving and fuel efficiency.
- Airbag Indicator: If this light stays on or flashes, there’s a problem with one of your airbags or the system as a whole.
- Traction Control or ESP: Illuminates when the car’s traction control/anti-skid or electronic stability system is in use. It’s common in slippery conditions.
- Seat Belt Reminder: This is a reminder to buckle up. Safety should always be your first priority.
Understanding these indicators enhances your safety and aids in maintaining your vehicle’s health. If you’re unsure about any dashboard light, consult your vehicle’s manual or seek professional assistance. Always address warning lights promptly to ensure your vehicle continues to run safely and efficiently.
Stay Informed, Stay Safe
Now that you’re equipped with the knowledge of your car’s dashboard indicators, take the next step in ensuring your vehicle’s health and safety. Don’t ignore those warning lights; let our expert team assist you in diagnosing and resolving any issues your car may be signaling. Schedule a service appointment with us today and drive with confidence, knowing you’re fully informed and your vehicle is in top condition. Your car’s signals are its way of speaking to you – let’s listen together and keep you safely on the road!
Vehicle Maintenance Tips
Maintaining your vehicle is crucial for ensuring its longevity, efficiency, and safety. This blog post delves into essential tips every car owner should know to master vehicle maintenance.
Understanding Your Vehicle’s Maintenance Schedule
Your vehicle’s maintenance schedule, typically found in the owner’s manual, is a crucial roadmap the manufacturer provides. It specifies when various maintenance tasks should be performed to keep the vehicle in optimal condition. Adhering to this schedule is essential for several reasons:
- Longevity: Regular maintenance can significantly extend the life of your vehicle.
- Safety: Timely checks and repairs ensure your vehicle remains safe to drive.
- Performance and Efficiency: Properly maintained vehicles run more efficiently, potentially saving fuel and reducing emissions.
- Preventing Major Repairs: Regular maintenance can help identify and fix minor issues before they become major, expensive problems.
- Resale Value: A well-maintained vehicle often retains a higher resale value.
Each vehicle has a unique maintenance schedule, considering factors like mileage and age. Typical maintenance items include oil changes, tire rotation, brake checks, and fluid level inspections. Following these guidelines keeps your vehicle running smoothly and gives you peace of mind.
Vehicle Maintenance Tips: Follow Your Vehicle’s Maintenance Schedule
Usually found in the owner’s manual, this schedule guides when various maintenance tasks, like oil changes, tire rotations, and brake inspections, should be done. Following it ensures your vehicle runs efficiently and safely, extends its lifespan, and helps avoid costly repairs. It’s a proactive approach to vehicle care, ensuring that your car remains reliable and performs at its best while potentially preserving its resale value. Regular maintenance is critical to a well-functioning vehicle.
Oil is the lifeblood of an engine, lubricating and protecting it from wear and heat. Over time, oil breaks down and becomes less effective. Regular changes ensure your engine runs with fresh, clean oil, preventing premature engine wear and maintaining efficiency. The frequency of oil changes varies by vehicle and usage but generally ranges from every 3,000 to 7,500 miles. Staying on top of this simple maintenance task can significantly extend the life and performance of your vehicle’s engine.
Proper tire maintenance includes regular tire pressure and tread depth checks to ensure optimal grip and fuel efficiency. Underinflated or overinflated tires can lead to uneven wear, reduced traction, and increased risk of tire failure. Rotating tires according to the manufacturer’s recommendation helps achieve uniform wear, extending their life. It’s also essential to have tires aligned and balanced to prevent vibration and uneven wear. Maintaining your tires enhances your vehicle’s handling and safety and saves money by prolonging tire life.
Regular inspections are crucial to ensuring safety. This involves checking brake pads for wear, ensuring brake fluid is at the correct level, and monitoring for any unusual noises or feelings when braking. Well-maintained brakes are crucial for effective stopping and safe driving, particularly in emergencies. Regular brake maintenance ensures your safety and helps avoid more costly repairs in the future.
“Battery Maintenance” involves ensuring your car battery functions appropriately and efficiently. This includes checking the battery for corrosion, ensuring it’s securely mounted, and regularly testing its charge level. A healthy battery is essential for starting your car and powering electrical components. Regular maintenance can prevent unexpected battery failures and extend its life. It’s also necessary to replace the battery before it fails, typically every 3-5 years, depending on usage and climate.
Check Fluid Levels
“Check Fluid Levels” emphasizes the importance of regularly monitoring the levels of various fluids in your vehicle. This includes engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. Keeping these fluids at the correct levels is crucial for the smooth operation of your vehicle. It ensures efficient performance, prevents overheating, and reduces the risk of mechanical failures. Neglecting fluid levels can lead to severe damage and costly repairs. Regular checks and timely top-ups or changes can help maintain your vehicle’s health and performance.
“Replace Filters” focuses on the importance of regularly changing your vehicle’s air and cabin filters. These filters are crucial for maintaining good air quality inside your car and ensuring efficient engine operation. A clean air filter improves engine performance and fuel efficiency, while a fresh cabin filter keeps the interior air-free from pollutants and allergens. Over time, filters become clogged with dirt and debris, diminishing their effectiveness. As per the manufacturer’s guidelines, regular replacement is a simple yet essential aspect of vehicle maintenance that contributes to the overall health and comfort of your driving experience.
“Dashboard Indicators” covers understanding the various warning lights and symbols that may appear on your vehicle’s dashboard. These indicators alert you to aspects of your vehicle’s status or issues, ranging from low fuel to engine problems. Familiarizing yourself with these symbols is crucial for maintaining your vehicle’s health and addressing any issues promptly. Ignoring these indicators can lead to more severe problems or vehicle damage. This section should encourage drivers to consult their vehicle’s manual for specific meanings and recommended actions when certain lights appear.
“Seasonal Maintenance” highlights the importance of adjusting your vehicle’s maintenance routine to the changing seasons. Weather conditions can affect your vehicle’s various aspects, from the engine to the tires. For example, winter demands special attention to antifreeze levels, battery performance, and tire traction, while summer focuses on air conditioning efficiency and preventing overheating. This section would emphasize proactive steps for each season to ensure your vehicle performs reliably and safely year-round. Regular seasonal checks and adjustments can prevent weather-related damages and provide a comfortable driving experience in any condition.
“Professional Inspections” underscores the importance of regularly having your vehicle inspected by certified professionals. These inspections are more thorough than routine check-ups and can identify underlying issues that might not be obvious to the average car owner. A professional mechanic can comprehensively evaluate your vehicle’s health, including the engine, transmission, brakes, and suspension systems. Regular professional inspections help ensure your vehicle operates safely and efficiently and can prevent costly repairs in the long run by catching issues early. They are an essential part of responsible vehicle ownership and maintenance.
In conclusion, regular maintenance not only extends the lifespan of your vehicle but also ensures a safer and more enjoyable driving experience. Record all maintenance activities for future reference and peace of mind. Remember, a well-maintained car is a reliable companion on the road.
Vehicle Maintenance Tips: Keep Your Vehicle Running Smoothly
Your car deserves the best care. Don’t wait for a breakdown to think about maintenance. Schedule a professional inspection with us today and ensure your vehicle is in top condition for every journey. Our team of certified experts is dedicated to providing the highest quality service, ensuring your safety and peace of mind on the road. Book your appointment now and take the first step towards hassle-free, reliable driving. Let’s keep your car running smoothly together!
Oil changes are certainly undervalued by many car owners and one of the most neglected automotive services today. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with our valued customers the importance of having a routine oil change for your vehicle.
Why Is an Oil Change So Important to the Health and Performance of Your Vehicle?
Vehicles and their many components become more and more enhanced year after year. With the many advanced changes that occur, there tends to be a greater vehicle lifespan all with less maintenance for most vehicles today. However, with the hectic lifestyles and schedules we all have, people tend to dismiss routine maintenance of their vehicles which includes oil changes, as simply not as important or even not really necessary. This could not be farther from the truth.
Routine Maintenance for Modern Engines
Modern engines found in vehicles today are environmentally friendly and marketed as more efficient. Even with these advancements, you can experience significant problems if you simply do not engage in routine maintenance or proper care of your vehicle. Modern engines offer consumers fuel savings all without loss of power. However, the small screens within the solenoids of your engine will still become clogged with dirt and debris from engine oil that is dirty as a result of overuse.
When you have your oil changed regularly you avoid unnecessary problems and your vehicle will function near to perfect, while neglecting oil changes will typically present with a flashing check engine light on your dash over time. With this thought in mind, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommends that you schedule these routine services so you do not find yourself faced with a flashing check engine light and costly engine repairs resulting from the lack of routine care and maintenance.
The Benefits of Routine Oil Changes
When you get in the habit of scheduling oil changes regularly you allow the trained and certified automotive techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to identify potential problems early on before they turn in major costly repairs. When performing routine services, our team of qualified technicians is able to make you aware of any problems or issues detected and provide you with effective solutions. Routine maintenance is critical to the overall health, integrity and performance of your vehicle and is simply not something to ignore or put on a back burner.
Sum It Up
There are constant changes being made in vehicles, all of which can enhance a vehicle’s performance and lifespan. However, regardless of the modern technological advancements it is important to understand that a routine oil change is critical to your vehicle and should not be overlooked or underestimated.
We all rely upon our vehicles to get us where we need to go, when we need to get there and to do it all efficiently and comfortably. We would all welcome an extended lifespan to our vehicles and the peace of mind knowing that we are not going to breakdown on the highway in the middle of the frigid winter months or during a spring downpour. To embrace this peace of mind the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind you to not put off scheduling your routine oil change, but rather give a shout out to one of our team today and schedule your service appointment now.
The winter months are here, so be sure to take steps to ensure the comfort and safety of all your passengers by performing routine services, including oil changes, that are sure to keep your vehicle up and running and keep you out on the road where you belong. The new year is upon us now and we want to send along wishes from our family to yours for a very happy, safe and prosperous New Year ahead!!
We would all agree that our vehicles are one of the most necessary and important investments that we will make in our lives. Protecting your investment with proper care and maintenance ensures that it not only functions properly but contributes to its extended life span as well. To enjoy the many benefits and functions of your vehicle, it is mandatory that you engage in regular care and maintenance. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stands ready to serve you with our top-rated Franklin automotive parts and services.
Quality Service Each Time, Every Time
Unfortunately, accidents occur. But don’t fret if your vehicle is involved in an accident no matter how big or how small it may be, our highly experienced automotive techs have got you covered. From the replacement of a headlight or even your car’s bumper to window adjustments and realigning of tires as well as a variety of other automotive repair services, you can always put your trust in our team.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we are a full-service auto repair facility located right in the heart of Franklin. We take pride in our highly trained and licensed techs and managers who are committed to providing only the highest quality Franklin automotive parts and services to all our valued clients. Our clients and their happiness, satisfaction, well-being and safety are our number one priority and the services we provide are not only high-quality but affordable.
We take tremendous pride in providing our customers with all the confidence, security and peace of mind they need and deserve when they trust their vehicles to us. When you choose the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Our team is trained and experienced to provide all types of automotive repairs and services and to doing so in timelines that accommodate the needs of our clients.
Our Marketplace Presence
Our services and competitive prices exceed those of our competitors. Having earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts for our affordability and high-quality repairs and services, our team remains steadfast in maintaining that very marketplace presence. When you choose our top-of-the-line Franklin automotive services and repairs you can be sure that your investment is safeguarded by our team and will receive the highest level of care and service needed. From the moment you drop your vehicle off until you pick it up, rest assured it is in safe hands. Our team will always go the extra mile to ensure the satisfaction of each and every customer.
Sum It Up
At Auto Clinic of Franklin, our licensed and certified technicians are steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients. Whether you find yourself faced with an auto accident, unsuspecting malfunction of your vehicle, or simply need routine care and maintenance, we are the team for you. For more information about the wide range of Franklin automotive repairs and services we offer, to learn about our prices and policies or to schedule a service appointment, don’t delay in contacting one of our team members today. We look forward to serving you and to ensuring the overall safety of you and your passengers with the high-quality services we provide. The holiday season has now snuck up on all of us and the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to send along wishes from our family to yours for a most safe and happy holiday season!
Ensuring that your car is properly maintained is a very important task to perform year-round. When the change in season occurs, however, car maintenance is even more important. The condition of your vehicle parts and components along with the change in road surfaces change from season to season which is why here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we focus on the overall safety of your vehicle.
Important and Practical Tips for Seasonal Car Maintenance
In our efforts to help our many valued clients keep their cars running smoothly and safely with the upcoming change in season, we want to take this time to share some very important maintenance tips with you.
- Healthy safe tires– Tires are by far one of the most vital components of your seasonal car maintenance since the tires themselves, including the pressure, change right along with the various seasons. Tires are consistently in direct contact with the road surface which is why proper care and maintenance is so vital to the overall safety of your vehicle and its passengers. With the cold weather season upon us, you want to be sure you have tires suitable for the cold weather. There are a variety of options to choose from depending upon where you plan to do your cold weather driving, from snow tires, high-traction tires, and studded tires to all-season tires and even tire chains. Whatever your choice, be sure that they are properly inflated and that they have been rotated and aligned as well.
- The all-important oil change – To keep your engine working at peak levels it is critical that you change the oil and oil filter in your vehicle at the right times and intervals. The oil in your car gets extremely dirty over a period of time and becomes sticky and very clumpy which is why it is so important to change the oil at least twice per year, perhaps in the summer and again in the winter. Neglecting to change the oil and filter can result in poor engine performance, high fuel usage and consumption and can ultimately cause damage to the engine over time.
- Brake inspection – Winter weather road conditions can cause a greater risk of slipping and skidding which is why when the cold seasonal change is about to occur, you want to be sure that your brakes are in their best shape ever. Before the onset of the winter season, having your brake pads, calipers, rotors and drums inspected is highly recommended.
- Check and top off all the fluids –Low fluid levels and dirty fluids will ultimately lead to many automotive issues. When the cold temperatures start to set in, be sure to also check your antifreeze as well. Have one of our technicians inspect and ensure that the antifreeze mixture in your vehicle is proper so as to avoid the engine from freezing. We also recommend that you have the power steering fluid, the brake fluid and the transmission fluid checked as well.
- Make sure the heater works – With winter fast approaching it is important to have your car’s heating system checked along with an inspection of the fans and defoggers, both front and back.
- Don’t forget the battery – It is very easy to overlook the maintenance of your car battery. With the cold weather around the corner, it is important that you have a strong battery in your vehicle. Be sure to have the battery tested and have the terminal connections checked as well before the cold weather arrives.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we take tremendous pride in providing not only the highest quality automotive parts and services at affordable prices, but we are steadfast in our commitment to provide important insight that our customers need to keep their vehicles and passengers safe year-round. To learn more about proper seasonal car maintenance or to schedule an inspection or service appointment reach out to one of our team today. Winter is right around the corner now, so please don’t get caught out in the cold. Give a shout out to Auto Clinic of Franklin, your go to automotive shop for all your automotive needs.
If you have recently purchased a car and find yourself faced with a flat tire, you may be in for an even bigger surprise. Many of the manufacturers now no longer include a donut tire or spare tire in their new vehicles. With that said, it may be a good idea to keep a tire repair kit in your trunk.
We have all experienced a flat tire at one time or another. Certainly, a flat tire is not the end of the world. There are simple tire repair kits that you can use to fix a small tire puncture. With a tire repair kit, you can patch the puncture whether a tear or a hole, inflate the tire and then continue to drive on it until you can get yourself down to our trusted automotive facility here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. With that said, we want to share some quick and easy tire fix steps to take that will help keep you on the road.
Quick and Easy Fix
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and certified automotive techs is on hand to help with all your automotive needs. We want to take this time to help our customers understand how to use a simple tire repair kit to hold them over.
If you get a flat tire and want to be able to make it to your automotive shop, then a simple small patch may be the perfect solution. Car repair kits come with a sealant and a small air compressor. The sealant is used to cover over a small tire puncture and the air compressor to inflate your damaged tire. Though this is an effective tire fix, it is only a temporary fix. Our team wants to share some quick steps you can take to patch your damaged tire temporarily. This quick and easy fix should be just enough for you to drive your vehicle down to our trusted facility to replace that damaged tire.
How to Patch the Tire
The steps to patch a tire are quick and simple:
- Determine which tire is losing the air and then remove any dirt or debris that has made its way into the puncture or hole. Typically, damage is caused by a nail or some other piece of metal on the road surface.
- Be sure to keep the tire mounted on the rim as you expand the hole and apply lubricant needed in order to insert the actual plug.
- Once expanded, insert the repair retread tool and the plug all the way into the hole or puncture.
- Remove the tool, leaving the plug firmly in place.
- If necessary, trim the plug to ensure that it is flush with the tire wall.
Replace Your Tire at Our Top-Rated Automotive Facility
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in providing our clients with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We understand full well that your car is one of the biggest investments you will make in a lifetime, which is why we are committed to helping you keep your vehicle healthy and on the road. If you have experienced a flat tire and have used a tire repair kit, remember that these kits are not designed to provide a forever lasting solution. The kit can certainly provide you with a temporary solution and time enough to drive to our trusted facility.
We offer a wide range of high-quality tire services including affordable tires, trusted alignment services, balancing and other emergency repairs as well. Although you have managed to perform a quick tire fix, be sure to schedule your appointment as soon as possible to replace that damaged tire and enjoy safe traveling in your vehicle again. Don’t put yourself, your family or your passengers in harms way. Come on down to Auto Clinic of Franklin today, your go to place for all your automotive needs.
The winter months are fast approaching which means soon you will need to winterize your vehicle. To avoid finding yourself faced with a dead battery in the cold winter temperatures, be sure to take these simple steps to keep your car battery up and running all winter long.
Simple Care Tips for Your Car Battery
We all know full well that the battery in our cars does not operate at its highest levels in the cold weather temperatures. However, when you engage in proper care for your battery then rest assured it will perform as needed in the brisk winter weather. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips for proper car battery care that are sure to help you extend its lifespan and enhance the performance of your battery this winter.
- Parking your vehicle inside – Parking your vehicle in a covered area will help to keep your battery operating effectively. Parking your vehicle in an attached garage that shares heat from your home is the best way to protect your battery. However, if you have an unattached covered area for parking, it will still have a positive impact on your battery because of the heat that is trapped inside during the daytime hours.
- Don’t add to the startup challenge with car accessories – When it is cold outside it typically takes more power for your vehicle’s engine to power up. To alleviate some of this challenge we highly recommend that you power off vehicle accessories such as wipers, heaters, and lights. This will keep your car battery from experiencing reduced power. You can power them all back on once the vehicle has started.
- Invest in a cold weather battery – If your battery is more than four years old it is wise to replace it before the frigid cold temperatures set in. This may be the ideal time to choose a cold weather car battery equipped with higher cranking amps needed in the cold. Cold weather batteries easily outperform typical everyday batteries in the winter months. Surely, it would be a good and safe investment.
- Be sure to start the vehicle every day – Most cars are able to withstand zero temperatures in the winter months when sitting overnight. However, it is imperative that you not allow your vehicle in the wintertime to sit for extended days or even weeks since that will most assuredly present you with a problem. Not only will the battery discharge on its own, but if it becomes entirely depleted the sub-zero temperatures can cause the battery case to crack and can also result in connections that become damaged.
- Be sure to use a battery charger – By far one of the most important tips of all, a battery charger is the perfect solution for your car battery that needs attention. Whether it is simply being impacted by cold temperatures, or if you had to store the car for an extended period of time, a charger will prove to be the perfect solution to your battery problems. If you park your vehicle in a garage, you’ll have no issues accessing a plug. However, parking outdoors under a covering may pose somewhat of a challenge.
- Last but not least, inspect your battery for corrosion – Often times corrosion occurs around battery clamps and cables. This can cause an obstruction of the flow of electricity to the battery and result in poor engine performance. It is important that you take time out to clean around the battery and remove any corrosion.
Sum It Up
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive services and parts this side of the state. For more information on proper car battery care for the winter months, to have one of our technicians inspect and check out your battery or for a battery replacement take time out to connect with our team today. Winter is fast approaching so don’t delay. Schedule your service appointment today to avoid those winter woes!
There isn’t any one of us that would argue the fact that we need our vehicles every day of our lives. Keeping your vehicle operating at peak levels and on the road each and every day requires routine and ongoing maintenance. In order to determine what type of maintenance is needed for your vehicle, it is important that you understand how your vehicle works. As one of the most trusted auto facilities here in Franklin, our team of highly skilled automotive techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, stands ready to assist with all your automotive needs. We want our clients to recognize automotive service signs before they turn into major costly repairs and that includes your vehicle’s suspension system.
Understanding Your Suspension System
Every vehicle manufactured has a suspension system. This automotive system is comprised of a variety of components which can present with unsuspecting issues at any time. With this thought in mind, we want to remind our clients how important it is to have your system inspected and serviced routinely in your efforts to keep your vehicle safely on the road each day.
Let’s take a few moments now to share some of the more common indicators that your suspension system may be in need of attention and/or repair.
- Sudden difficulyt with steering – Vehicles today are equipped with power steering, which means that turning the wheel on your vehicle is never a challenge. If you find that you are having a difficult time steering your vehicle, there is sure to be some underlying issue behind this problem. From loose or worn-out belts and low fluid levels to control arm bushings that are worn out and a steering pump that is faulty, the reasons are varied. That’s where the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin comes in. Our team of dedicated professionals is on hand to provide all the repairs you need and to perform inspections in order to determine the root source of a problem and provide the appropriate solution.
- You are experiencing a very harsh and bumpy ride – One of the most obvious indicators that you are in need of some type of suspension repair is the fact that your vehicle, when driving, is pulling more to one side. There are a number of reasons why this can occur including the need for a wheel alignment, uneven air pressure in your tires and even noticeable wear to your brakes. These are common reasons why a vehicle can pull to one side as is the fact that your suspension system has worn-out parts that need repair. If you notice that your vehicle is not handling properly or pulling to one side, don’t delay in contacting our team to identify the problem and provide you with effective and affordable solution.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our clients are our number one priority as is their overall safety when driving their vehicles. We want to be sure that you and your passengers are always safe and that you experience a smooth and enjoyable ride. For this reason, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of reaching out to our team at the very first onset of any peculiar handling of your vehicle. From worn-out brakes, transmission issues and new tires, to muffler replacements, heating and cooling system testing and suspension system repairs, we are the team for you. We take pride in our high-quality automotive parts and services, in our affordable prices and in our attractive turnaround times.
Trust the Best
If you have noticed that your vehicle is simply not operating or handling properly, then put your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the automotive industry. Our team of dedicated technicians is on hand to answer any questions, discuss your concerns, diagnose every problem and provide efficient and effective solutions. To learn more about your vehicle’s suspension system, or to schedule any type of automotive repair, reach out to one of our trusted technicians today. We look forward to serving you and to ensuring that your vehicle stays safely on the road day in and day out, season after season, year after year.
Is your vehicle in need of fresh, new motor oil? Do you want to know how to change the oil in your vehicle on your own? Well, no need to worry. The team of skilled automotive techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is here to tell you how. First and foremost, we want our valued clients to understand the importance of changing their vehicle oil routinely. When you fail to do so, your car will ultimately burn a whole lot more fuel and it will not run as smoothly as it should. So don’t delay. Be sure to change your oil today!
Step by Step Guidelines
To help our customers be able to check their own vehicle oil levels, we want to share these simple guidelines and tips:
- Simple and Basic – To check your oil be sure your vehicle is parked on ground that is level. Wait a bit of time for the engine to cool down. Once the engine is cooled, you can open the hood of your car. Locate the dipstick and pull it out. Wipe the stick off with a cloth and then insert it back in as far as it will go. Pull it out once again and view the stick taking note of the level of the oil as it is indicated on the dipstick. If the oil is at the appropriate level, then there is nothing more to do. However, if it is showing below the adequate oil level, then it’s time to add more motor oil to your vehicle.
- How to Add Additional Oil – To add the needed oil, look at the top of the engine and locate the oil filler cap. Remove this cap and add a small amount of oil at a time to prevent overfilling the tub. Add the oil a little bit at a time continuously checking the dipstick to determine when the optimum level has been reached. You can either pour the oil directly in or elect to use a funnel if you are not confident that you have a steady enough hand to do the pouring. Either way, continue adding oil until you have reached an acceptable level. Typically, you will not need to add more than a quart of oil. Once you have added all the necessary oil you can simply screw the oil filler cap back on and close your vehicle’s hood. Simple, basic and easy enough for anyone to do.
We’re Right Here If You Need Us
If you either haven’t the time to check and change your oil, or do not feel confident or comfortable enough to do so, then don’t fret. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stands ready to serve you. Our team is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. From oil changes, topping off your motor oil and brake replacements, to transmission repairs, cooling system repairs and muffler installs, to name a few, we are the team for you. We take tremendous pride in our reputation and in our marketplace presence. We also are proud of our high customer service and customer satisfaction ratings, which are a true testament to our facility, our services and our team.
Confidence and Trust
At Auto Clinic of Franklin, our skilled professionals provide only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We strive to deliver products and services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. With affordable prices, high quality products and services and attractive turnaround times, we have come to be known as your go to facility in Franklin for all your automotive needs. If your vehicle is in need of fresh new motor oil or you are in need of any type of automotive services, be sure to look to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than happy you did!