With spring now upon us and summer right around the corner, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind all our valued clients to be sure and prep their vehicles for the upcoming hot weather driving. You may want to start by checking the pressure in your tires and doing so regularly throughout the spring and summer. Heat can cause the PSI (the pounds per square inch) to rise in your tires, which can potentially lead to a flat tire or even an overinflated tire. If you do not know what the correct PSI is for your vehicle’s tires, either consult your owner’s manual or bring your vehicle down to our trusted automotive service center.
CHECK ALL THE VARIOUS FLUID LEVELS
As a rule of thumb, it is important to top off fluids regularly. Whether brake fluid, power steering fluid or windshield wiper fluid be sure to check them routinely since each plays a significant role in your vehicle’s performance. If you are not comfortable to perform this task on your own again, we suggest you trust in the licensed and certified team of automotive techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin who stand ready to meet your every automotive need.
SCHEDULE NEEDED MAINTENANCE OR REPAIRS
Whether you notice a constant rattle, your vehicle is pulling to one side, you are in need of new tires, or require a tune-up we are the team for you. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated professionals are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of the state. Whatever maintenance or repair needs you may have, rest assured the skilled auto techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin will handle them all.
PRACTICE ROUTINE OIL CHANGES
Motor oil is a lifeline for our vehicles since it helps to keep all the vital engine parts lubricated and functioning properly. It is best to have an oil change performed every 5000 to 10,000 miles depending on the year, make and model of your vehicle. We also recommend that you check your oil levels on your own regularly to ensure that levels are not too low which would be an indicator that a leak or other problem exists. If low oil levels are present, it is best to bring your vehicle down to our automotive service center and let our techs find the source of the problem.
CONTACT OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS TODAY
With our simple mission statement of 100% customer satisfaction, our dedicated team is committed to providing top of the line services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. We take pride in our accommodating timelines and our affordable prices and look forward to our every opportunity to serve all our valued Franklin clients and those in the nearby towns as well.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our top-rated team and facility has been recognized time and time again as one of the best all-around automotive service centers this side of Tennessee. Dedicated to performance and excellence, our team of highly reputable technicians and specialists are definitely the team for you. At Auto Clinic of Franklin, we know in our hearts that a happy customer is definitely a repeat customer which is why our clients are always our number one priority. Give a shout out to one of our staff today to schedule your auto service or repair appointment and make certain your vehicle is prepped and ready to handle all that spring and summer driving ahead and you can simply take in the sights and enjoy the ride!
Winter is most certainly coming to a close, which means we will all soon be enjoying the warmer weather and all the blessings of spring. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind all our valued clients that not only should we prepare ourselves for spring, but you need to prepare your vehicles for spring driving as well.
TIPS FOR PREPARING TO DRIVE IN THE SPRING SEASON
To ensure the proper functionality and overall safety of your vehicle to enjoy driving in the warm spring weather, we want to share these helpful tips.
- A Fresh clean wash – At the start of spring you want to be sure to get your vehicle to a car wash that will thoroughly clean the exterior of your vehicle including the undercarriage. The undercarriage accumulates road salt and a variety of other winter elements which can lead to buildup and rust over time. In addition, we always suggest to perform a thorough cleaning of the interior of your vehicle as well to set the stage for an enjoyable long spring driving season.
- Give full attention to your tires – Winter driving, as we all know, is quite hard on vehicle tires, which is why it is so important to have them aligned and rotated at the start of the spring. Doing so will ensure that your tires will wear safely and you can get the very best out of your tires for a longer period of time. Be sure to also keep track of your tire tread to ensure that they are not balding since the spring brings with it lots of rain and you will need proper traction when driving in these weather conditions.
- Check the battery – Vehicles certainly have to work a whole lot harder in the winter months, which can ultimately result in less battery life. Perform a battery inspection and if you find that your battery is low, then be sure to replace it, especially if it is in excess of four years old.
- Don’t forget your windshield wipers – It goes without saying what a challenge the winter months can be on our windshield wipers. Regardless of winter, however, it is wise to change your windshield wipers at the start of each new season so as to improve your visibility consistently and avoid accidents and mishaps.
- Top off the fluids – Be sure to top off all your vehicle fluids including engine oil and brake fluid in preparation of spring driving. Once again, we reiterate that you do not forget the windshield wiper fluid since we all tend to use much more of it during the winter months.
- Check out your performance under the hood – Give a bit of time to inspect your hoses, belts and air filters. If you see any that are damaged or cracked be sure to repair or replace them. Also, be sure your air filters are working properly and are clean since you will need them to operate your air conditioning in the warmer weather.
TRUST THE PROS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
With spring just around the corner, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin cannot emphasize enough the importance of prepping your vehicle for the warmer season ahead. Our team stands ready to meet your every need and is steadfast in our commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. To get your vehicle ready for spring driving give a shout out to one of our staff today and schedule your service appointment. Our team will ensure that your vehicle is up and ready for traveling in the spring and prepared to handle all your family spring travel adventures!
A car is among one of the most important and costly investments you will make in a lifetime. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind our valued clients of the importance of proper care and maintenance of your vehicle. To protect your investment, our team of technicians wants to share with you the many auto services we offer here in Franklin.
TOP-RATED AUTO SERVICES
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take pride in providing only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Tennessee. Our automotive facility is owned and operated by some of the best all round, full-service auto specialists in the industry. We are truly committed to providing clients with the best all-around auto services at prices that are affordable and in timelines that meet with our clients’ needs. Our team is committed to providing all our customers the confidence and peace of mind needed that the care and maintenance of their investment is in the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
Our team is dedicated to our superior customer service and satisfaction ratings, which are a true testament to not only our team, but our ethics and integrity as well as our top-rated automotive products and services. Clients in the Franklin area and many of the surrounding towns can always count on the professionals here at the number one Franklin automotive clinic.
WHY CHOOSE THE PROFESSIONALS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN?
Not only is our team of dedicated automotive techs and specialists licensed and certified, but we offer the best all-around auto services at prices that are truly affordable. We use only the most innovative equipment and software programs available in the industry today. Our team takes pride in meeting the timelines and schedules of our clients, and is steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients.
Our auto clinic has made a marketplace and industry name for itself in Franklin and many of the adjacent towns. Residents here in Franklin, who are in need of top-of-the-line automotive services always turn to our team that delivers cutting edge automotive services you can always trust.
Our team of technicians are highly skilled, trained and qualified to handle all your automotive needs and to answer questions as well as discuss any concerns you may have about your vehicle, repairs needed, or about our policies and prices. We engage in a simple mission statement here at Auto Clinic of Franklin that is founded on and supported by our 100% customer satisfaction rating. Our superior customer satisfaction and customer service is truly the driving force behind our team who strives to maintain our very visible marketplace presence we have achieved as well as our highly reputable name in the automotive industry.
CONFIDENCE AND PEACE OF MIND
Auto services and repairs can often times be unplanned, which is why our team is committed to providing our valued clients with not only the confidence but the peace of mind they need to know that when they choose the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin for their automotive
services and repairs, they are putting their trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the automotive industry. If you are in need of high-quality, auto repairs or services for your vehicle, then look no further than the highly skilled and experienced professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. We look forward to serving you with all your automotive needs, season after season, year after year!
Your car or truck is one of the most important investments you will make in your lifetime. Taking steps to protect your investment is not only critical to its proper functionality, but to its overall life expectancy as well. Your car requires a great deal of routine maintenance to ensure that it operates properly and safely at all times. With that said, when you are faced with a car repair of any kind, you can always rely upon the dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
TOP-RATED AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE REPAIRS
When your car presents with any number of issues, rest assured the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to meet your every need and provide you with an effective car repair. Our highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians possess all the experience, know-how and knowledge needed to identify the source of your problem and provide effective repair solutions as needed. Identifying automotive problems can be quite a challenge, but not for our dedicated team. From a radiator issue and air conditioning system problem to the installation of new brakes or an engine tune-up, we have got you covered. Our team strives to deliver all the confidence and peace of mind our customers need to know that we are providing proper care and maintenance for their cherished investment.
With our repair services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors and prices that are every bit competitive and affordable, our Franklin car repair facility has come to be recognized as your go to facility for all your automotive needs here in Franklin. Our team is committed to providing the highest quality services, customer service and customer satisfaction, which is why we have earned ourselves a spot on the marketplace charts. Our high customer satisfaction rating is a true testament to not only our policies, ethics, and integrity, but to our high-quality services, products and prices as well.
WHY CHOOSE THE TEAM HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN?
Our team of automotive experts is licensed and certified to perform all types of auto repair services. In addition, we offer prices that are affordable and strive to meet the timelines and individual needs of all our valued clients. We also take pride in offering our customers the most experienced and the friendliest team of automotive technicians this side of the state.
Our technicians work right alongside our customers in our efforts to properly and quickly identify the source of your automobile problem and advise clients on the repair options they have. We strongly encourage open communication and stand ready to answer any questions or discuss any concerns our customers may have. We want our customers to understand the root source of the problem and what we feel is the most effective solution to the problem. We communicate in full detail what the actual automotive issue is, how it may have come to be, and the appropriate remedy to the problem at hand.
Our technicians want all our customers to feel comfortable asking questions and communicating with them with regard to not only their vehicle repairs, but the costs, timelines and any other related issues. We strive to deliver only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin and are committed to providing your necessary car repair in timelines that are accommodating to your schedules.
SATISFACTION AND PEACE OF MIND
Auto issues typically occur without any real warning. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want our customers to know that unsuspecting auto issues and car repairs are what we do best. If you are having an automotive problem, or perhaps you are in need of typical preventative maintenance for your car, then look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. We look forward to serving you and to ensuring that your car stays on the road providing you with all the comfort and safety you need!
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled automotive technicians wants to share with our valued clients some important tips on how to properly care for your car battery. These useful tips will help keep your battery and vehicle running at peak levels during the cold winter months.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BATTERY CARE
We all know full well that car batteries just do not operate as well in cold temperatures. Car batteries operate by generating electricity by way of a chemical reaction. This process slows down greatly in cold weather temperatures, thus generating less power to the vehicle. With that said, here are some helpful tips to help your battery perform in cold weather months.
- Covered Parking – When you park your vehicle in a garage or under a covering of some sort you are contributing to proper car battery cold weather care. Any type of car covering helps with the overall performance of your battery since the heat trapped in the surface where the vehicle is parked will keep your vehicle warm and ultimately shelter your battery from the extreme cold.
- Turn off all the Extras – Cold temperatures cause battery power to be minimized which means that your engine will need more power in order to start up. To ensure that your engine can turn over in the morning hours be sure to turn off all accessories and extras such as heaters, headlights, wipers and the likes, that actually draw additional power from your battery. After you start up your vehicle in the morning, then surely you can turn all the extras back on again.
- Don’t allow your vehicles to sit for long periods of time – Vehicles can typically sit in near to subzero temperatures overnight, especially if they are properly maintained. However, regardless of how well you maintain your car battery sitting for days or even for weeks can cause grave problems with your vehicle. With the cold weather, batteries are many times unable to self-discharge which can ultimately lead to other more serious problems such as damaging connections and cracked battery cases.
- No over-cranking – If your engine will not start up be sure to avoid over cranking the vehicle. Over cranking the starter in excess of a few seconds can cause risks of overheating. If the engine does not start right up, be patient and wait a few moments before trying again. Whatever you do – don’t over crank.
- Invest in a cold weather battery – If your battery is in excess of three years old the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommends you replace it long before the cold winter months arrive. This may be the ideal time to invest in a car battery that is designed specifically to operate in the cold. As we all know, not all batteries are the same. Some batteries have higher cold cranking amps and will certainly perform much better in cold weather than everyday batteries.
- Inspect for Corrosion – Corrosion frequently occurs on battery cables and battery clamps which can ultimately obstruct the flow of electricity causing the battery to function from a much lower power level. Our technicians will inspect your battery and clean away any corrosion that may be present.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
If you have followed the above suggested tips and find yourself still faced with battery problems, then it may be that you simply need a replacement. If you replace your battery and still encounter problems you may have a bigger issue with your alternator. Whatever the case, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to help. For more information about proper car battery care in cold weather, or to schedule a service appointment, reach out to one of our team members today!
Your muffler plays a significant role in your car’s performance. A muffler that is not properly functioning can lead to a number of serious automotive problems, including exhaust back pressure which ultimately can lead to a variety of other components to be damaged. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to help our valued clients understand the warning signs that it may very well be time for a muffler replacement.
OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU MAY NEED A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the very first signs that your muffler may need replacing is that of loud or especially strange noises that are coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of your muffler is to reduce noise that is produced by your vehicle’s exhaust system. When you begin to hear loud noises when accelerating your vehicle, chances are your muffler is no longer performing at appropriate levels. The noises you ultimately hear coming from your muffler are the result of holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A desperate decrease in your gas mileage – Another indicator that you may need to install a new muffler is drastically reduced gas mileage. When your muffler is functioning properly, it helps with your vehicle’s efficiency. However, when there is a drop in efficiency, this is typically a sign that your muffler is malfunctioning. If this occurs, it is imperative you have your car checked as soon as possible by one of our qualified automotive techs who can diagnose the issue for you. If it is discovered that your malfunctioning muffler is the source of the decreased gas mileage, then a muffler replacement is the ideal solution to provide the proper filtration of your exhaust fumes and help to increase your vehicle’s overall gas mileage.
- An unpleasant odor coming from the muffler – A third and final indicator that you may need a muffler replacement is that of a foul odor coming from your vehicle. If your muffler has a leak or a crack in it, its ability to filter the fumes out of the exhaust properly becomes minimized and the fumes may become trapped. If you notice the presence of a foul odor be sure to reach out to the certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to have your muffler checked out, assessed and if needed repaired or replaced. If you elect not to give attention to your muffler it could be incredibly dangerous since exhaust fumes can, over time, become quite fatal.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to ensure that clients are aware of these obvious indicators and emphasize that if these three signs are present it is a surefire indication that you are in need of a muffler replacement. We also want to inform our clients that when you recognize these signs early on and give attention to them, replacing your muffler can ultimately be inexpensive. Changing your muffler early on will help to enhance the overall lifespan of your vehicle and will certainly keep your car running for years ahead. Further, changing out a malfunctioning muffler will also contribute to your car’s efficiency and help to avoid other automotive problems from occurring.
To learn more about the importance of replacing a malfunctioning muffler or to make your appointment for a muffler replacement, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
In today’s world, most people put the care and maintenance of their vehicles into the hands of highly skilled and trained mechanics. From the simplest of tasks to the most complex auto repairs, car owners across the board have that one trusted auto repair shop they can always count on. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some of the most common repairs and maintenance that need to be performed to keep your vehicle operating at peak levels.
IMPORTANT VEHICLE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- · Engine diagnostics – There certainly are a number of trendy gadgets we can purchase today that allow us to connect to our car’s computer and find the source of a check engine light. Performing the needed repairs, however, is an altogether different story. Many auto problems that trigger the check engine light to go on typically require the services of professional automotive technicians to bring about an effective solution and make that annoying check engine light go away. With that said, when you experience a check engine light problem, it’s best to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin so that your code can be read and deciphered properly and an effective repair performed.
- · Engine and transmission repairs – Today’s state of the art vehicles now have a full range of new features. From innovative electronics and multiple cams to fuel injection, today’s cars and trucks have a whirlwind of complex engine and transmission components. For that reason, we highly recommend you trust your vehicle’s engine and transmission repairs to the trusted team of specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- · Suspension mishaps and repairs – The suspension of any vehicle plays a significant role in the overall safety of your vehicle. Installing new components and parts, or performing repairs to existing components can be a rather complicated task. Alignment specs need to be properly engaged or else the overall safety of your vehicle is impaired. The suspension is directly linked to your vehicle’s tires, which dictate how safe and comfortable your ride is. Proper care and maintenance of your vehicle suspension will not only increase the overall lifespan of your tires but will also increase the overall safety of your vehicle and all its passengers.
- · AC care and maintenance – Your AC system is a sealed system within your vehicle. If you have an AC issue and note that you are in need of freon, rest assured you have an AC leak. Simply adding freon to the vehicle will only provide a temporary solution to your problem. In order to determine the source of the problem, whether no air is blowing at all, or the air that is blowing is warm, highly trained automotive techs will need to perform an AC diagnostic test, decipher the code and thereafter, be able to perform the necessary auto repairs to resolve your AC issues.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and certified automotive technicians are on hand to meet your every need. Whether you are in need of a standard oil and filter change, a new set of tires, have battery issues or your transmission is slipping, rest assured we are the team for you.
Whatever your automotive needs may be, regardless of how simple or complex your auto repairs are, surely you have come to the right place. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our dedicated specialists get your vehicle back on the road again. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
Do you own a fleet of trucks, limos or cars that you rely upon every day for your business? If so, having a top-rated auto repair facility you can trust with all your maintenance, repair and service needs as well as your routine vehicle maintenance is an absolute must do. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced auto technicians stand ready to meet your every fleet auto maintenance needs.
We are confident that you will find the utmost satisfaction in not only our high-performance services, but our turnaround times and affordable prices as well. Our team is steadfast in meeting the needs of all our valued clients and in performing the highest level of customer satisfaction and approval. The fleet services we can provide stand out from our competitors and our marketplace presence is a true testament to our commitment and to that very fact.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR ALL YOUR AUTOMOTIVE NEEDS
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed and dedicated to providing our valued clients with only the highest quality parts, repairs, and service needs required for your fleet of cars, trucks and limos. With a fully licensed and certified team, and ongoing automotive training, you can be sure when you put your trust in us, that you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
Our friendly staff is here to provide you with all your automotive needs from basic maintenance including brake repair, mufflers, AC repairs, and tune ups to electrical systems and transmission issues to name a few. We are truly your one stop shopping facility here in Franklin serving many of the surrounding towns as well.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Our mission statement is simple – we strive for 100% customer satisfaction with all our maintenance and repair service we provide. We are truly committed to our customers and to our top-rated customer service and our team is always on hand to answer any questions and resolve your every automotive problem.
TRUST YOUR FLEET TO US
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we understand full well the impact a failed fleet can have on your business. We know that if your fleet is not operating at peak levels, your business stands to suffer a loss. With that said, with our multi-point inspection, we can identify any potential problems in advance and avoid hefty repair costs or downtime for your vehicles. We not only provide superior automotive services for your fleet, but we will track and keep records of all services and repairs performed and advise you when routine service is needed for any of your fleet vehicles.
TOP-RATED FRANKLIN AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
To learn more about our state-of-the-art fleet automotive maintenance programs, be sure to reach out to one of our team members and schedule your free consultation appointment today. Our friendly team strives to not only deliver the best all round fleet auto maintenance services and repairs this side of Franklin, but to deliver peace of mind needed when entrusting the care and maintenance of your fleet vehicles to us. We have earned a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best automotive facilities this side of the state and take pride in being recognized as your go to facility for all your automotive needs. Whatever your business, however many vehicles in your fleet, put your trust in the experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did.
The muffler is one of the most important components that contribute to the overall functionality of your vehicle. If a muffler is not operating properly, there are a number of problems that could arise, causing severe challenges with your vehicle. A malfunctioning muffler can cause a great deal of damage to your vehicle and render it non drivable. When you find yourself faced with these complicated issues and a vehicle that simply cannot be driven, then the ideal solution to the problem is a necessary muffler replacement.
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with our valued clients some of the obvious indicators that it may be time to replace your muffler. We have focused on those warning signs below.
THREE OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU ARE IN NEED OF A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the first signs that your muffler is in need of replacement is that of strange, loud noises coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of the muffler is to reduce any noises that are produced by the vehicle’s exhaust system. With that said, if you hear a loud noise when accelerating that is a pretty prominent indicator that you need a muffler replacement. Common causes of these loud noises would be either holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A decrease in your typical gas mileage – Another sign that your muffler is on its way out is that of decreased gas mileage. When a muffler is functioning properly, it contributes to your vehicle’s efficiency. When there is a noticeable change in efficiency, it is usually an indicator that there is a problem with the muffler. A new muffler will help to filter the exhaust more efficiently and increase your gas mileage again.
- A noticeable bad odor is being emitted from your muffler – A third sign that your muffler needs replacing is that of a bad odor or smell coming from your vehicle. The muffler filters the fumes out of your exhaust, but if there is a leak or any other damage to the muffler it cannot filter fumes properly. If you notice a bad odor be sure to get the vehicle into our trusted mechanics as soon as possible. Failure to do so could wind of being quite dangerous since exhaust fumes can become near to fatal over an extended period of time.
Overall, the above indicators are definite signs that your muffler may very well need to be replaced. If you pay attention to these signs and catch them early on, then your replacement muffler can be somewhat inexpensive. Giving focus to your damaged muffler early on can help to keep your vehicle fully functional and operating at peak levels for a long time down the road. In addition, giving focus to these indicators will certainly contribute to the overall efficiency of your vehicle and can help to avoid more complicated and serious automotive problems from occurring.
THE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and experienced technicians take tremendous pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. Our professionals are steadfast in their efforts to meet the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to clients and with prices that are every bit competitive and affordable.
If you are in need of automotive repairs or services, including a muffler replacement, then look to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
With summer right around the corner, it will soon be time for families to plan their summer escapes. With the current restrictions in place today, many families will choose to drive to their summer vacation destinations rather than chance taking flights. Road trips are often an ideal way for families to spend quality time together and enjoy loads of fun and laughter. How exciting it can be to pack up the car and get behind the wheel on a beautiful summer day and head towards your summer vacation destination. Surely there is no better way to share family memories than with a fun-filled summer road trip unless of course you find yourself faced with unsuspecting car problems.
COMMON SUMMER CAR PROBLEMS
Summer is certainly a time for scorching hot temperatures that can lead to many problems not only with your health but with your car as well. Extremely high temperatures can take an incredible toll on your vehicle which is why the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to acquaint our valued clients with some of the common car problems than can catch you off guard this summer. Nearly anything can go wrong when travelling but there are a number of common problems that can put a damper on all your vacation fun if you don’t take care of them beforehand.
- Overheating Engine – Scorching summer temperatures often contribute to an overheated engine. A vehicle’s engine can reach a temperature near to 200 degrees and coupled with sweltering high outside temperatures can be a definite problem in the making – an overheated engine.
- Low Fluid Levels – It is important to take every precaution to protect your car’s engine in the hot summer months. One of the best tips for ensuring safe and fun summer road trips is to be sure that all your fluids are topped off before starting out on the road. Whether the motor oil, coolant, anti-freeze or the windshield wiper fluids be sure that all your levels are topped and your vehicle is ready to go.
- Low or Dead Battery – Batteries are often times one of the most common car problems that motorists are faced with during the hot summer season. If your battery is old and perhaps near to the end of its lifespan, then be sure to have it checked before journeying out on the roadways.
- Flat or Balding Tires – When the temperatures rise in the summer months the air pressure in your tires can increase just as well. When the tire pressure is increased, tires begin to wear and blowouts can easily occur. To protect your travels and your family be sure that your tires are inflated appropriately and set to the proper air pressure settings. Be sure there are no leaks in your tires before starting out on any long drives since leaks ultimately result in flat tires.
THE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN COUNT ON
Summer is surely a favored time of year for most people and long family road trips are a definite part of the fun. With that said the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to advise all our clients to be particularly careful with the overall care and maintenance of their vehicles in the hot summer temperatures so as to avoid being faced with dangerous and costly car problems.
Routine maintenance contributes to a healthy vehicle, less repairs and overall peace of mind. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated technicians stands ready to meet your every need and are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Tennessee.
If summer road trips are on the agenda for your family this year, then be sure to take time out to perform routine maintenance and a vehicle checkup to avoid the inconvenience, fear and cost of potential car problems you can face. Reach out to one of our team and schedule your routine maintenance and inspection. We look forward to serving you and to helping you and your family get the most fun and excitement out of your summer road trips. Summer is right around the corner, so be sure to schedule your automotive appointment today!