Prepare your Vehicle for Slippery Fall Driving
Well, fall is certainly in full bloom and winter right around the corner now. In the fall, as we all know, the temperatures get a bit chilly, the days are shorter, the sun sets a whole lot earlier and the leaves begin to change into lovely fall colors. Fall is also a favorite time of year for a variety of sports, Halloween gatherings and lots of pumpkin everything. However, it is important we don’t lose sight of the fact that the fall also presents with some dangerous fall driving conditions.
When the leaves begin to fall steadily, they make their way onto the many highways and roadways. When this happens, there is an increased risk for accidents since the leaves can pose slippery driving conditions. When there is also a mixture of rainy weather or morning frost, the two combined together can even become quite treacherous. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some very important vehicle safety tips they should adhere to so as to avoid any unsuspecting driving conditions this fall.
VEHICLE SAFETY TIPS FOR THE FALL
Fall is such a beautiful, peaceful time of year when many people just want to find themselves outdoors taking in the brisk, fresh air. Many also enjoy the colorful fall foliage, and taking all those long, peaceful drives through the back roads where all the colors are so vibrant and the atmosphere so calm. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to make sure that our clients can go right ahead and enjoy the lovely fall season and all its elements without being faced with unsuspecting car accidents. So, to ensure your safety, we put together these important tips and facts.
- Tires – As the cooler fall temperatures set in, your tire pressure can begin to change and end up leaving you with tire pressure that is far too low. Be sure to always check the pressure of your tires as well as the condition of the traction and treads because falling colorful leaves can make most roadways dangerous and slippery. When this happens, you want to be sure your tires can grip the surface quickly and properly.
- Brakes – As we suggested already, the roads in the fall can be quite slippery, so be sure before you begin all that fall driving, that your brakes are performing at peak levels and in the best of shape.
- Stay Atop the Current Weather Conditions – As the fall weather sets in and the temperatures become colder, there are a number of road hazards that can exist as a result of falling leaves and even early morning frost. Whenever you drive on fallen leaves it is imperative that you slow your travel speed and always leave a good space between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you. When leaves are wet and even frozen, they can make the road extremely slippery. In addition, when there are leaves all over the roadway, they can easily camouflage other road conditions that are present such as bumps and pot holes. Early morning frost is much like black ice in the winter and can cause very dangerous road conditions especially over bridges. Whenever there is frost, be sure to always slow your travel speed down.
- Wiper Blades and Washer Fluid – Be sure to check your windshield wiper fluid regularly and be sure that your wipers are working properly. In addition, be sure that your wiper blades are not damaged in any way so as to avoid any disruption to clearing your windshield should the weather get tricky.
- Heaters and Defrosters – As the temperatures start dropping, you want to be sure that your heater is working properly, your defroster is functioning and your antifreeze is at sufficient levels needed to protect your engine throughout the cold weather months.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – YOUR NUMBER ONE CHOICE FOR AUTO REPAIRS AND SERVICES
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in our top of the line automotive repairs, parts and services we provide our valued clients. We understand full well how important a properly functioning vehicle is for everyone and are steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients. We hope you found these important facts and tips for safe fall driving informative and we look forward to our every opportunity to serve you. For all your automotive parts, repairs and services in Franklin and the surrounding towns, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!