When to Perform Your Car’s Tune Up
In today’s world, cars are all computer controlled. Computers actually control everything in your vehicle from valve and ignition timing and fuel consumption to all those infamous dashboard lights. However, controlling and monitoring the spark plugs and wires in your vehicle as well as air and fuel filters and PCV valves are all parts that must be manually examined and replaced by qualified technicians. These very components are part of a typical automobile tune up. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly trained automotive techs takes pride in providing the highest quality parts and services to all our valued Franklin clients and those in the adjacent towns as well.
Knowing When a Tune Up Is Needed
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to provide insight to all our clients on when it is necessary to perform a vehicle tune up. Most vehicles today require this service to be performed based primarily upon the vehicle’s mileage. There are designated manufacturer mileage-based timelines that help vehicle owners to know when specific parts or components need to be replaced and when specific preventative maintenance services should be performed. These preventative services help to minimize or avoid the failure of car parts and causing vehicle owners to be faced with unsuspecting automobile problems. Here we share some of those preventative services that should be performed in your efforts to ensure the continued functionality and operation of your vehicle. Services include:
- Oil and filter replacements at 3000-5000 miles. At your typical oil change, technicians will also inspect your air filter, top off all your fluids and check that tire pressures are all accurate.
- Wiper blade inspection and replacement at 7000 miles.
- Fuel filter and cabin air filter replacements at approximately 15,000 miles.
- Automatic transmission fluid and transmission filter changes at 30,000 miles. At the 30,000-mile marker you also want to perform service to the fuel injection and also have the cooling system in your vehicle flushed.
- Differential fluids, manual transmission fluids, as well as fluids for power steering, transfer case, and brakes should all be replaced at the 50,000-mile marker.
- Finally, it is recommended that the PCV valve along with spark plugs and wires, as well as the timing belt are all replaced at 60,000 miles.
To Sum It Up
At Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of licensed and certified automotive technicians is steadfast in their commitment to providing only the highest quality automotive parts and services to all our valued clients at prices that are truly affordable. We take pride in our simple mission statement of 100% customer satisfaction and strive to maintain our reputable position in the marketplace as a result of our unmatched services and our competitive but affordable prices.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our customers are always our number one priority. With that said, we stand ready to meet the individual needs of all our clients and to do so in timelines that are accommodating to their schedules. If you are in need of a vehicle tune up or any other automotive services, or want to learn more about our services, then rest assured our team of experts has got you covered. Give a shout out to one of our staff today to schedule your service appointment. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with quality parts and services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. For all your automotive worries and needs, put your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry. Come on down to our trusted facility today. You’ll be more than glad you did!