Do you own a fleet of trucks, limos or cars that you rely upon every day for your business? If so, having a top-rated auto repair facility you can trust with all your maintenance, repair and service needs as well as your routine vehicle maintenance is an absolute must do. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced auto technicians stand ready to meet your every fleet auto maintenance needs.
We are confident that you will find the utmost satisfaction in not only our high-performance services, but our turnaround times and affordable prices as well. Our team is steadfast in meeting the needs of all our valued clients and in performing the highest level of customer satisfaction and approval. The fleet services we can provide stand out from our competitors and our marketplace presence is a true testament to our commitment and to that very fact.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR ALL YOUR AUTOMOTIVE NEEDS
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed and dedicated to providing our valued clients with only the highest quality parts, repairs, and service needs required for your fleet of cars, trucks and limos. With a fully licensed and certified team, and ongoing automotive training, you can be sure when you put your trust in us, that you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
Our friendly staff is here to provide you with all your automotive needs from basic maintenance including brake repair, mufflers, AC repairs, and tune ups to electrical systems and transmission issues to name a few. We are truly your one stop shopping facility here in Franklin serving many of the surrounding towns as well.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Our mission statement is simple – we strive for 100% customer satisfaction with all our maintenance and repair service we provide. We are truly committed to our customers and to our top-rated customer service and our team is always on hand to answer any questions and resolve your every automotive problem.
TRUST YOUR FLEET TO US
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we understand full well the impact a failed fleet can have on your business. We know that if your fleet is not operating at peak levels, your business stands to suffer a loss. With that said, with our multi-point inspection, we can identify any potential problems in advance and avoid hefty repair costs or downtime for your vehicles. We not only provide superior automotive services for your fleet, but we will track and keep records of all services and repairs performed and advise you when routine service is needed for any of your fleet vehicles.
TOP-RATED FRANKLIN AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
To learn more about our state-of-the-art fleet automotive maintenance programs, be sure to reach out to one of our team members and schedule your free consultation appointment today. Our friendly team strives to not only deliver the best all round fleet auto maintenance services and repairs this side of Franklin, but to deliver peace of mind needed when entrusting the care and maintenance of your fleet vehicles to us. We have earned a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best automotive facilities this side of the state and take pride in being recognized as your go to facility for all your automotive needs. Whatever your business, however many vehicles in your fleet, put your trust in the experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did.
In the midst of the challenging Covid pandemic, the mere thought of germs, bacteria and dirty surfaces can cause any of us to be concerned. Touching or even sitting in any designated area that can potentially be smothered in bacteria and germs, is something we all want to avoid, especially at this time. With that said, the team of dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin thought it best to share some important but incredibly simple steps for sanitizing vehicles during these challenging times.
Cars and trucks, though we attempt to clean them often, can be home to a whole lot of dirt, germs and bacteria and especially the steering wheel of all components. A vehicle steering wheel carries a wide range of germs and bacteria as do the door handles, seat belts, touch pads and cup holders to name a few. Each of these vehicle components is touched and used often paving the way for a variety of germs, bacteria and dirt. Now more than ever before, with the current Covid pandemic, our professional team thought the timing is perfect to offer our valued clients some very useful tips they can use for sanitizing vehicles and making their vehicles safe.
WHY SANITIZE YOUR VEHICLE
Sanitizing vehicles is a whole lot different than just giving it a typical cleaning. Now more than ever it is important to keep all types of germs and bacteria off of your many car parts and components that you touch often. Though many of us dedicate a lot of time to cleaning, washing and sanitizing our every belonging during this pandemic, cleaning and sanitizing your vehicle probably has not come in at the top of your cleaning list. People spend a great deal of time in their trucks and cars which is why it is so important to keep them clean and sanitized. In our efforts to stop the spread of bacteria and viruses and other types of germs as well, we should all give attention to these simple steps for sanitizing vehicles.
SIMPLE METHODS YOU CAN FOLLOW TO SANITIZE YOUR TRUCK OR CAR
- Eliminate mold and dust – Unlike open spaces, your vehicle is a closed environment which means the chances of bacteria and germs growing inside are greatly enhanced. By vacuuming, you can remove most of the dirt and dust particles from the interior of your vehicle. In addition, cleaning away any larger debris you may have accumulated in your vehicle will help to minimize and even eliminate dirt, dust and mold.
- Replace or clean the cabin air filter – As many of us know, the cabin air filter is accountable for cleaning the inside atmosphere in your vehicle. It is important to change out the air filter at minimum every 6 months in your efforts to maintain clean, breathable air in your car or truck. If you notice that the air is not cool enough in your vehicle, or if it has an unpleasant smell, chances are that moldy air is being circulated in the vehicle. A dirty air filter easily distributes bacteria and germs in your vehicle from your vehicle’s air conditioning system, so be sure to change out the cabin air filter regularly.
- Clean the upholstery – Dirt, dust, germs and even mold at times, can collect on your vehicle’s upholstery. Be sure to clean the upholstery with a microfiber cloth or even with a small gentler vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dust and particles.
- Practice using disinfectants that are safe – There are a good number of quality disinfectants on the market today that are safe for use on the surface of your vehicles, especially those surfaces that you are constantly touching. Such components as the steering wheel, armrest, gear stick, touchscreen, door handles, seat belts and mirrors, should be cleaned and sanitized routinely. The chances of germs and other bacteria building up can be greatly reduced and even eliminated when you regularly clean these often-touched components.
- Don’t forget the car wash – The exterior of your vehicle should be washed often as well. By running your car or truck through a car wash you will not only obtain a shiny, like new look, but you will also decontaminate and properly sanitize the exterior surface of your vehicle as well.
THE TRUSTED SPECIALISTS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are steadfast in our commitment to only provide the highest quality automotive products and services to all our valued clients. In addition, during these trying times, we are also focused on educating our clients on the best ways to stay safe in their vehicles. For more information on proper steps you can take for sanitizing vehicles, or to schedule your automotive repairs or services, be sure to reach out to the friendly technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today.
The muffler is one of the most important components that contribute to the overall functionality of your vehicle. If a muffler is not operating properly, there are a number of problems that could arise, causing severe challenges with your vehicle. A malfunctioning muffler can cause a great deal of damage to your vehicle and render it non drivable. When you find yourself faced with these complicated issues and a vehicle that simply cannot be driven, then the ideal solution to the problem is a necessary muffler replacement.
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with our valued clients some of the obvious indicators that it may be time to replace your muffler. We have focused on those warning signs below.
THREE OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU ARE IN NEED OF A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the first signs that your muffler is in need of replacement is that of strange, loud noises coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of the muffler is to reduce any noises that are produced by the vehicle’s exhaust system. With that said, if you hear a loud noise when accelerating that is a pretty prominent indicator that you need a muffler replacement. Common causes of these loud noises would be either holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A decrease in your typical gas mileage – Another sign that your muffler is on its way out is that of decreased gas mileage. When a muffler is functioning properly, it contributes to your vehicle’s efficiency. When there is a noticeable change in efficiency, it is usually an indicator that there is a problem with the muffler. A new muffler will help to filter the exhaust more efficiently and increase your gas mileage again.
- A noticeable bad odor is being emitted from your muffler – A third sign that your muffler needs replacing is that of a bad odor or smell coming from your vehicle. The muffler filters the fumes out of your exhaust, but if there is a leak or any other damage to the muffler it cannot filter fumes properly. If you notice a bad odor be sure to get the vehicle into our trusted mechanics as soon as possible. Failure to do so could wind of being quite dangerous since exhaust fumes can become near to fatal over an extended period of time.
Overall, the above indicators are definite signs that your muffler may very well need to be replaced. If you pay attention to these signs and catch them early on, then your replacement muffler can be somewhat inexpensive. Giving focus to your damaged muffler early on can help to keep your vehicle fully functional and operating at peak levels for a long time down the road. In addition, giving focus to these indicators will certainly contribute to the overall efficiency of your vehicle and can help to avoid more complicated and serious automotive problems from occurring.
THE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and experienced technicians take tremendous pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. Our professionals are steadfast in their efforts to meet the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to clients and with prices that are every bit competitive and affordable.
If you are in need of automotive repairs or services, including a muffler replacement, then look to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
When driving if you ever have a small collision, hit the edge of a pothole, hit a curb, or go over speed bumps too quickly you can easily cause the sidewalls of your tires to bulge or bubble. If you ever notice that your tires are not smooth and round, but rather you have a tire with a bubble or bulge, be sure to stop driving immediately. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take some time to explain tread bulging or tire bubbles and their hazards to all our valued clients.
A tire that has a bubble or a section of tread bulging is not safe to drive on. When the fabric of the inner tire bubbles, it can no longer provide the protection your tire needs from bursting. The most common area where bubbles occur is in the sidewall. However, they can also form in specific areas that have worn out thin rubber. Driving on a tire with a bubble is extremely dangerous and the odds of a blow out are very high. When you take note of a bubble, it is important to get the tire replaced quickly. The more moisture and air that seeps into the tire, the larger the bubble will become and the greater the danger is.
WAYS TO PREVENT TIRE BUBBLES
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips on how to prevent tire bubbles from happening. Prevention is by far the best cure of all. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Steer clear of potholes – Potholes are one of the prime sources for tire bubbles. Whenever possible, avoid hitting potholes by steering away from them safely.
- Engage in careful driving – Make it a point not to drive over speed bumps quickly and to be extremely cautious when driving near to curbs and sidewalks and when parking.
- Proper maintenance – Be sure to inspect your tires regularly and take note of any changes in pressure or in structure. Use a tire pressure gauge for checking proper tire pressure routinely.
Always keep in mind that damage that occurs as a result of a tire with a bubble cannot be repaired. The reason being that when a bubble is present, the structural integrity of the tire has been compromised. With that said, it is simply not safe to drive on the tire any longer since its internal structure has been damaged. Instead, suspend all driving and have the tire replaced immediately.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced team of dedicated auto technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Our technicians are on hand to answer all your questions and address any automotive concerns you may have.
With our high marketplace presence, our team of experts is committed to maintaining our high reputation and customer satisfaction rating. We strive to deliver services that are simply unmatched by any of our competitors and that includes any and all services for your vehicle tires.
Whether you are in the market for a new set of tires, need your tires rotated or have a tire with a bubble, rest assured we are the team for you. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals take care of your every need. Summer is here and certainly we all do a whole lot more driving this time of year. With that said, we encourage all our clients to engage in routine inspection of your tires and be sure to have regular oil changes as well. Don’t delay. Come on down to our friendly auto service center today!
As vehicle owners, we all know how stressful and even challenging it can be to perform proper maintenance on our vehicles in a timely fashion and to choose all the appropriate products we need. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians want to take this time to educate our valued clients on the importance of choosing the right motor oil for your vehicle. We have put together this informative blog to help you make the best decisions for your vehicles.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT MOTOR OIL
Motor oil is looked upon as the lifeline of our vehicles since it performs a number of very important functions. Motor oil contributes to each of the following:
- It serves as a lubricant for all our vehicle’s engine parts
- It provides enhanced fuel usage and economy; and
- It outwardly protects our vehicle emission systems
As we are all aware, there are truly an abundant number of motor oils available on the market today whether in automotive specialty shops, department stores, or online. The options out there can be quite overwhelming and choosing an inappropriate oil can definitely leave you with consequences you have to face. Often times, those consequences can be quite costly, especially if the wrong oil causes excessive damage to your vehicle’s engine over the long term.
For those of you who take pride in being do-it-yourselfers, be sure to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual to learn which type of oil is best suited to your vehicle before you simply go ahead and change out your old oil. We highly recommend you take a few moments to perform this simple research before you go out and purchase any type of motor oil.
VARIOUS TYPES TO CHOOSE FROM
There are three different types of motor oils you can choose from. The first is that of conventional oil, which is 75% refined crude oil. The second option is that of full synthetic oil which is a standard base with additives. The third and final option is that of synthetic blend which is a blend of both conventional and synthetic oils together.
Further to the three different types of oils available, there are also a number of different additives to be aware of. Detergents help to keep clean the high temperature surfaces. Antioxidants serve to prevent oxidation while keeping your vehicle’s engine oil from thickening up. There are also a number of additives that help to capture dirt and a variety of other contaminants that can otherwise build up on the various engine parts and wreak havoc. In addition, there are specialized additives that contain components that help to seal and prevent leakage in high-mileage vehicles.
With all that said, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to ensure that our clients understand the importance of choosing the appropriate motor oil to get the highest benefits for your specific engine type. The climate you live in and the amount of travel you do are contributing factors in determining the right oil to use in your vehicle and helping to ensure that your engine runs at peak levels year after year.
AUTOMOTIVE SPECIALISTS YOU CAN RELY ON
The team of dedicated technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality products and services this side of Franklin and that includes providing important data and insight needed for the proper care and maintenance of your vehicles. Our team of experts stands ready to meet your every need and to provide you with state-of-the-art automotive services including routine motor oil changes at prices that are every bit affordable as they are competitive. If you are in need of an oil change, or any other automotive service or repair, be sure to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
The scorching hot summer temperatures can certainly be challenging and unbearable at times. Whether you are off to school, work or any other enjoyable event, the last thing you want to do is arrive at your event all sweaty and uncomfortable. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to remind all our valued clients to be sure and test your vehicle’s AC system before summer is in full bloom.
When you test your AC system, be sure to avoid doing so on a scorching 90-degree summer day, but rather on a somewhat cool and comfortable day. This will help to ensure that your vehicle’s cooling system is fully operational and performing at peak levels.
VEHICLE AC SYSTEM ISSUES
There are a number of system issues that can occur with your vehicle’s AC system. More times than not, the problem is minor and easily fixable, but every now and again you could find yourself faced with a major system problem. The most common issues are hot air blowing, a musty or stagnant smell or even a rattling noise coming from the AC. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to share some helpful tips for ensuring that your AC system is up to the summer challenge.
USEFUL TIPS TO ENSURE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL AC SYSTEM
The helpful tips we suggest include:
- Testing all the fan speeds to ensure they are all working;
- Put your AC system on the coldest setting you have and ensure that all vents are blowing air out.
- If you notice a stagnant or even foul smell, then it’s time to get your vehicle over to our trusted facility here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- Give focus to any noises or rattling sounds coming from underneath the hood. If you notice a noise, again, be sure to get your vehicle over to our automotive facility to be checked out.
- Be sure there are no system leaks which can cause Freon to escape and allow moisture to find its way into your AC system.
- Be sure that your air filter is changed out since debris can ultimately clog your system.
CERTIFIED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our certified technicians will inspect your system and run your vehicle’s AC system test to ensure that your AC system does not break down or give up this summer. Bring your vehicle down to our trusted automotive shop and let our team of experts inspect your vehicle, test your AC system and provide any additional services you may need. There is no automotive service or repair too big, too small or too complicated for our team of professionals. Summer is here so come on down and let us make certain your AC system is operational and equipped to handle the scorching hot summer temperatures.
Our technicians take pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Whether your vehicle’s AC system needs inspection or is giving you problems, or you have any other automotive repair or service needs, you have definitely come to the right place. Our team is steadfast in our efforts to offer clients affordable, efficient solutions for all your automotive needs. For more information on your AC system, its proper care and maintenance, and how to ensure you will enjoy a cool and comfortable ride all summer long, simply give a shout out to one of our team today. Don’t Delay. Schedule your appointment today!
Summer is about to make its full presence known which means drivers need to take precautions to ensure the overall safety of their families when travelling this summer. From all those exciting trips to the beach, summer concert travels, and even cross-country adventures, we here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind all our clients to be sure to pack an emergency road kit before heading out on your travels.
Unsuspecting car problems can happen anytime and anywhere which is why it is so important to always be prepared. Our team wants to share some important tips and measures all drivers should take to ensure the safety of all their passengers when travelling. From a sudden breakdown to many a car issue, the challenges can be many and being prepared to handle them is sure to make your travels and your experiences much easier and more enjoyable.
THE PERFECT EMERGENCY ROAD KIT FOR EVERY DRIVER
Travelling with a fully stocked emergency road kit is a surefire way of being prepared to handle the unexpected. There are a variety of essential items you should include in your emergency kit including, but not limited to, the following:
- · Jumper Cables – First and foremost, you want to ensure that you have a quality set of jumper cables in your kit. If you are faced with a dead car battery, it is these reliable cables that are sure to get you up and running again.
- · A Flashlight – If you are faced with an unsuspecting auto problem in the evening hours, there is nothing quite as challenging and even more fearful than being trapped by the side of the road with no flashlight in hand. A flashlight affords you the means to see your evening surroundings and helps you to move about in the dark. In addition to your trusty flashlight, be sure you pack an extra set of batteries in your emergency road kit as well.
- · Flat Tire Assembly and Tools – A flat tire is a common issue for many drivers and can certainly occur at any time and in any location without any warning whatsoever. Having the appropriate tire assembly and the necessary tools on hand is a must do for every driver. A proper tool assembly would include the spare tire itself, a lug wrench and a jack. Be sure you know how to properly change out a flat tire and that you are familiar with how to use all the tools in your tire assembly kit.
- · Reflective Triangles and Hazard Flares – If ever you find yourself experiencing car trouble or any type of a breakdown and want to attempt to resolve the auto issues yourself, be sure you have packed in your emergency road kit reflective triangles and hazard flares. These items are essential to your safety while you work on your vehicle. Further, these items are important should you elect to call for roadside assistance. The reflective components should be displayed on the road while you sit in waiting for your roadside assistance to arrive.
- · Other Important Items to Pack – Other miscellaneous items you want to include in your emergency kit are those of bottled water, snacks that are non-perishable, a first aid kit and even a blanket and coat.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Summer is right around the corner now and if you are planning on travelling a bit this summer the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommend you take every precaution you can. Certainly, you don’t want your summer travels and fun to be hindered by automotive issues, which is why we suggest that all our clients travel with the perfect emergency road kit. We want you to also keep in mind that if you are in need of any type of auto services or repairs, be sure to look to the professional team of certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to our every opportunity to serve you and hope all our clients and their families have a safe and enjoyable summer season ahead!
With summer right around the corner, it will soon be time for families to plan their summer escapes. With the current restrictions in place today, many families will choose to drive to their summer vacation destinations rather than chance taking flights. Road trips are often an ideal way for families to spend quality time together and enjoy loads of fun and laughter. How exciting it can be to pack up the car and get behind the wheel on a beautiful summer day and head towards your summer vacation destination. Surely there is no better way to share family memories than with a fun-filled summer road trip unless of course you find yourself faced with unsuspecting car problems.
COMMON SUMMER CAR PROBLEMS
Summer is certainly a time for scorching hot temperatures that can lead to many problems not only with your health but with your car as well. Extremely high temperatures can take an incredible toll on your vehicle which is why the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to acquaint our valued clients with some of the common car problems than can catch you off guard this summer. Nearly anything can go wrong when travelling but there are a number of common problems that can put a damper on all your vacation fun if you don’t take care of them beforehand.
- Overheating Engine – Scorching summer temperatures often contribute to an overheated engine. A vehicle’s engine can reach a temperature near to 200 degrees and coupled with sweltering high outside temperatures can be a definite problem in the making – an overheated engine.
- Low Fluid Levels – It is important to take every precaution to protect your car’s engine in the hot summer months. One of the best tips for ensuring safe and fun summer road trips is to be sure that all your fluids are topped off before starting out on the road. Whether the motor oil, coolant, anti-freeze or the windshield wiper fluids be sure that all your levels are topped and your vehicle is ready to go.
- Low or Dead Battery – Batteries are often times one of the most common car problems that motorists are faced with during the hot summer season. If your battery is old and perhaps near to the end of its lifespan, then be sure to have it checked before journeying out on the roadways.
- Flat or Balding Tires – When the temperatures rise in the summer months the air pressure in your tires can increase just as well. When the tire pressure is increased, tires begin to wear and blowouts can easily occur. To protect your travels and your family be sure that your tires are inflated appropriately and set to the proper air pressure settings. Be sure there are no leaks in your tires before starting out on any long drives since leaks ultimately result in flat tires.
THE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN COUNT ON
Summer is surely a favored time of year for most people and long family road trips are a definite part of the fun. With that said the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to advise all our clients to be particularly careful with the overall care and maintenance of their vehicles in the hot summer temperatures so as to avoid being faced with dangerous and costly car problems.
Routine maintenance contributes to a healthy vehicle, less repairs and overall peace of mind. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of dedicated technicians stands ready to meet your every need and are steadfast in their commitment to provide only the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Tennessee.
If summer road trips are on the agenda for your family this year, then be sure to take time out to perform routine maintenance and a vehicle checkup to avoid the inconvenience, fear and cost of potential car problems you can face. Reach out to one of our team and schedule your routine maintenance and inspection. We look forward to serving you and to helping you and your family get the most fun and excitement out of your summer road trips. Summer is right around the corner, so be sure to schedule your automotive appointment today!
Now that spring is in full bloom and summer right around the corner, drivers need to give some focus to wet weather driving that often occurs during the May and June rainy months. When accidents do occur, most individuals tend to lay blame with the weather itself rather than their lack of attention and focus to the conditions at hand. Rainy wet roads and highways are familiar driving hazards that drivers can easily and effectively prepare for by thinking ahead, being patient and staying focused. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple, but important tips to help you when driving in wet weather conditions.
TIPS TO HELP YOU HANDLE WET WEATHER DRIVING
For the most part, the failure of a driver to respond appropriately to the hazardous weather conditions and to the many risks that are affiliated with those conditions, is more times than not the primary cause of many accidents that occur when drivers find themselves faced with the challenge.
- Various weather conditions, whether rain, snow, ice or hail, have a direct impact on your visibility, traction and your ability to properly control your vehicle. When driving in any type of wet weather, it is important to recognize that every vehicle needs to have greater distance and space between them in the driver’s efforts to maintain consistent control. When you are driving in conditions that present with reduced traction, it is best to allow an additional distance of at least double the normal amount of space you would allow in dry weather conditions so as to be able to deal with and handle the current driving conditions.
- Further to your ability to drive safely in wet weather is the simple fact that your tires need to be in tip top shape since the contact they have with the roadway is critical to your ride. If your tires do not have sufficient treads, they will be unable to move the water away from your tires and will ultimately cause your vehicle to hydroplane. Hydroplaning typically occurs when your tires have a minimized grip capability because of the water buildup between the roadway and your tires. With that said, it is important you keep a close watch on your tire tread depths and the overall health and safety of your tires.
- You also want to be sure to check your windshield wiper blades regularly and certainly in advance of any wet weather driving you may have to do. Remember, when purchasing wiper blades, you absolutely get what you pay for so investing a little bit of money on premium windshield wipers is sure to be a benefit you’ll appreciate over and over again.
- Be sure to maintain a safe speed when driving in the rain or other wet weather and make always turn your lights on when driving as well. Fog lights can be especially helpful when driving in hazardous wet weather conditions.
- Finally, wet weather driving requires drivers to engage in gentle use of their steering, brakes, clutch and accelerator in their efforts to minimize errors, accidents and/or emergencies. Bottom line – take it easy when you are driving in any type of wet weather conditions.
THE AUTOMOTIVE TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we are committed to the well-being and safety of all our valued clients which is why we wanted to share these wet weather driving tips with you. If you have any questions about hazardous driving conditions and the risks, feel free to reach out to our friendly, certified professionals. Our team looks forward to serving you and to providing you with the highest quality automotive services and repairs this side of Franklin. Don’t delay. Schedule your appointment today!
There are some specific car noises that no driver wants to hear because they typically mean there is a problem with your vehicle and often times is costly to repair. Most drivers are very familiar with their cars and can easily detect a noise that can potentially become a problem over time. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to familiarize our valued clients with some of the most common noises that indicate that there may be some type of trouble brewing.
CAR NOISES YOU SHOULD NEVER IGNORE
- One of the first noises you want to give attention to is that of a sound much like a coin that is bouncing around in your clothes dryer. If you happen to hear this little bit of rattling coming from inside your wheels when driving at slower speeds but it disappears once you accelerate faster, there is a good chance that you have a loose lug nut shifting around inside one of your hub caps. It is probably the result of your wheel not being properly tightened the last time it was removed. Be sure to get on down to our trusted facility ASAP should you hear this rattling sound.
- The next sound to raise concern is that of grinding or squealing brakes. When you hear a squealing sound it typically means that your brake shoes or pads are nearing the end of their life expectancy and need to be replaced as soon as possible. If, on the other hand, you hear more of a grinding sound then make it a point to have a mechanic check your brakes immediately because this sound is usually an indicator that your brake pads are so worn down that they are touching metal which can be a very serious and dangerous problem.
- Yet another sound to be on the lookout for is that of a popping or loud clicking sound whenever you turn your vehicle. If you have an all-wheel or front-wheel drive vehicle this sound when making a turn usually means that the CV joints on the front axle of the vehicle need to be replaced. Be sure to get to a mechanic as soon as possible.
- If you hear a clunking or banging rhythmic sound coming from under your hood, we strongly suggest you get to our shop as quickly as possible. This sound is an indicator that you have a critical problem with either your valves, pistons or connecting rods and is nothing to play around with.
- Finally, if you hear an annoying squealing sound coming from under the hood when you either start up the vehicle or when you accelerate, don’t delay. This usually means that you have worn out or loose accessory belts linked to the power steering pump, the alternator, or even the air conditioner compressor. It could also be attributed to a problem with your serpentine belt as well.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled technicians is committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We understand full well how important it is for all our customers to have reliable vehicles that run properly at all times.
If you find yourself faced with any one of these car noises, then surely you have come to the right place. Our technicians stand ready to serve you and are steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. For state-of-the-art automotive services and a team of dedicated experts who strive to deliver the best, and most affordable automotive services, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!