Winter driving can be challenging sometimes. Drivers have no way of knowing what can happen when on a winter road trip, which is why the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommends every driver have a winter car kit for survival should the unexpected happen.
A car kit that is properly stocked with all the right items from a snow brush and ice scraper as well as a first aid kit to jumper cables, flares and a flashlight can certainly prove to be a lifesaver in an emergency. In addition, your car kit should also include a cell phone charger, fluorescent flag, bottled water, some dry food, snacks, hats and mittens, a pocket knife, and hand warmers. A fully stocked car kit can be a true lifesaver in a storm or road emergency.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we know how cold the winter months can be which is why we also encourage all our valued clients to engage in proper car maintenance as well. Be sure to have your pre-winter checkup so as to avoid any unsuspecting problems on the road. Our team of certified technicians suggests you perform appropriate maintenance checks to your tires, hoses, belts, battery, wipers and coolant to ensure you are prepared and ready for any winter challenges.
EMERGENCY 911 TIPS AND SURVIVAL TIPS
Should you find yourself stranded in a storm and are unable to call a family member or friend here are some tips to follow.
- Call 911. Give them your location, tell them the problem you are having and advise them of the status of each of your passengers.
- Tie the fluorescent flag to your car’s antenna or if you prefer, simply hang it out the window.
- If it is night time be sure to keep your dome light on since rescue crews will be able to spot that glow of light from a distance.
- Use your emergency flares and flashers as needed.
- Don’t try shoveling your vehicle out if you happen to be stuck in a snow bank because this can lead to overexertion and can ultimately result in injury.
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Don’t attempt to walk in the storm since you can either get lost or tire out before reaching a safe destination. In addition, in a storm, other vehicles may not be able to see you walking which puts you in grave danger. Your vehicle will be the best protection and shelter for you and your passengers until help arrives.
- Be sure if you need to run the vehicle for heating purposes, that you check the exhaust pipe and make certain it is free of snow and that you only run the engine for 10-minute intervals. Snow can plug the exhaust system which can cause carbon monoxide, which is deadly, to seep into your car. Be sure to keep a window slightly open the whole time you are stranded and especially when you have the engine running.
- Though it may not be the most comfortable or secure feeling, be sure to keep a positive attitude and stay alert until help arrives.
FRANKLIN’S TOP-RATED AUTO TEAM
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we strive to deliver the best all round automotive products, services and repairs this side of Tennessee. Our team of dedicated professionals is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients. We take pride in our affordable prices, our quick turnaround times and our full lineup of quality automotive products.
There is truly no automotive fix too big or too small for our team. To learn more about winter driving, preparing a survival winter car kit or to schedule a service appointment, reach out to one of our friendly staff today. The holidays are just around the corner so we want to send along wishes from our family to yours for a joyous and safe holiday season!
Well, fall seems to be coming to a close which means winter is right around the corner. Many vehicle owners, even those good about maintaining their vehicles, often lose sight of the proper care and maintenance of their windshield wipers. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take this time to offer our clients some insight on the proper care and timely change out of your vehicle wipers.
WHEN TO CHANGE YOUR WIPERS
When to change your wipers will differ from vehicle to vehicle and from season to season. In addition, the timeline for changing out windshield wipers depends upon how worn the blades actually are and whether or not they can efficiently provide the protection you and your windshield need. Individuals who live in areas where the climate is much cooler and where minimal rain occurs, will typically find that the lifespan of their wipers is extended. When difficult weather conditions are not present, it only makes sense that drivers will use their wipers much less minimizing the wear they experience.
However, if you live in a location where there is abundant rain or even snow and sleet, then consistent use of your wipers is common. The more you use them the more worn out the blades become. It is important, especially in these kinds of locations where the weather fluctuates, that you have healthy wipers to provide you with the visibility and safety you need.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our experienced and highly trained auto technicians are on hand to assist with all your vehicle care and maintenance and that includes advising you when you are in need of new windshield wipers. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your wipers need to be changed out or replaced, then simply take a ride on down to our friendly automotive shop and let our technicians help determine the overall health of your wipers for you.
The best test for determining the necessity to replace wipers is the simple test of visibility. If your visibility is not clear, but rather impaired by the condition of your wipers, then sure, it’s time to invest in a new set. Additionally, if we notice that your wipers are not making the necessary contact with the surface of your windshield, then again, it’s time to make a change. Finally, if you notice scratches or smears of any type on your windshield or if, while they are in use, you hear squeaks these too are sure indicators that you are in need of new wiper blades.
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES YOU CAN RELY ON
Whenever you have scheduled maintenance of your vehicle here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, regardless of the service, our team of technicians will always inspect your wiper blades while you are here to ensure they are working properly and effectively. We take pride in the overall wellbeing and satisfaction of our clients and take every step possible to provide only the highest quality automotive services time and time again. Our clients are always our number one priority which is why our team of specialists is so steadfast in providing effective and efficient services to all our valued clients.
If you are in need of automotive services or parts, including windshield wipers, be sure to look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Give a shout out to our friendly techs today to set up your next maintenance check or automotive service. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we provide the best all round automotive services in Franklin winter, spring, summer and fall and look forward to our every opportunity to serve you.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled automotive technicians wants to share with our valued clients some important tips on how to properly care for your car battery. These useful tips will help keep your battery and vehicle running at peak levels during the cold winter months.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BATTERY CARE
We all know full well that car batteries just do not operate as well in cold temperatures. Car batteries operate by generating electricity by way of a chemical reaction. This process slows down greatly in cold weather temperatures, thus generating less power to the vehicle. With that said, here are some helpful tips to help your battery perform in cold weather months.
- Covered Parking – When you park your vehicle in a garage or under a covering of some sort you are contributing to proper car battery cold weather care. Any type of car covering helps with the overall performance of your battery since the heat trapped in the surface where the vehicle is parked will keep your vehicle warm and ultimately shelter your battery from the extreme cold.
- Turn off all the Extras – Cold temperatures cause battery power to be minimized which means that your engine will need more power in order to start up. To ensure that your engine can turn over in the morning hours be sure to turn off all accessories and extras such as heaters, headlights, wipers and the likes, that actually draw additional power from your battery. After you start up your vehicle in the morning, then surely you can turn all the extras back on again.
- Don’t allow your vehicles to sit for long periods of time – Vehicles can typically sit in near to subzero temperatures overnight, especially if they are properly maintained. However, regardless of how well you maintain your car battery sitting for days or even for weeks can cause grave problems with your vehicle. With the cold weather, batteries are many times unable to self-discharge which can ultimately lead to other more serious problems such as damaging connections and cracked battery cases.
- No over-cranking – If your engine will not start up be sure to avoid over cranking the vehicle. Over cranking the starter in excess of a few seconds can cause risks of overheating. If the engine does not start right up, be patient and wait a few moments before trying again. Whatever you do – don’t over crank.
- Invest in a cold weather battery – If your battery is in excess of three years old the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommends you replace it long before the cold winter months arrive. This may be the ideal time to invest in a car battery that is designed specifically to operate in the cold. As we all know, not all batteries are the same. Some batteries have higher cold cranking amps and will certainly perform much better in cold weather than everyday batteries.
- Inspect for Corrosion – Corrosion frequently occurs on battery cables and battery clamps which can ultimately obstruct the flow of electricity causing the battery to function from a much lower power level. Our technicians will inspect your battery and clean away any corrosion that may be present.
THE PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
If you have followed the above suggested tips and find yourself still faced with battery problems, then it may be that you simply need a replacement. If you replace your battery and still encounter problems you may have a bigger issue with your alternator. Whatever the case, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to help. For more information about proper car battery care in cold weather, or to schedule a service appointment, reach out to one of our team members today!
Halloween is just a few days away and children and adults alike are getting prepped and ready for all the fun. Trick or treaters of all ages and sizes will soon be lining the streets in hopes of collecting lots and lots of treats while saying hello to many neighbors and friends. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to remind everybody that Halloween can be a very dangerous evening for a number of reasons, which is why Halloween safety is so important.
BE CAREFUL OF THE PARTIERS
Many people host fun-filled Halloween parties, as we all know, but often at those parties much drinking can go on. When the party is over, or guests need to leave early, drivers who are on the road on this very dangerous eve can pose a number of hazards to innocent people. Drunken drivers are not so foreign on a typical Halloween eve, which is why it is so important for families to be on the alert.
On this fun-filled evening the ultimate goal is for everyone to enjoy themselves, but to get home safe and sound and without any harm. With that said, the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple but practical Halloween safety tips for all to adhere to this weekend coming up.
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL
Drivers – When you find yourself having to drive through the neighborhood on Halloween eve, be sure to take every necessary precaution when on local roads and at intersections since many pedestrians will look for the easiest route to the next doorbell to ring. In addition, drivers need to be attentive to other drivers and mistakes they may make and be prepared to stop suddenly if need be. In addition, it is critical that drivers remain entirely focused on the road and on all their surroundings and keep their cell phones off. Finally, remember that may costumes come with masks and full-face coverings which can further hinder their ability for individuals to see clearly when walking in the darkened hours, so you need to be entirely on alert.
Pedestrians and Parents – Costumes that are donned with bright colors are a surefire way of ensuring that your child/children are easily seen when trick or treating. If, however, your little one has a black or dark costume you may want to consider using reflective bright colored tape on their shoes and maybe even on the backside of their costume. Be sure to always carry a flashlight when trick or treating so you always have a clear view of what’s up ahead.
Parents be sure to use sidewalks whenever possible and stay close to your children while remaining on the lookout for vehicles that are turning corners or backing up. In addition, be on the lookout for drivers or older trick or treaters who may have indulged in just a wee bit too much drinking. Finally, whenever possible go out and trick or treat in groups with your family and friends. Not only will it be a whole lot safer, but it is sure to be a whole lot more fun as well.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN CARES
These are just some simple but practical Halloween safety tips we wanted to share with you. Trick or treating is a tradition for many families and one that children especially look forward to. So be
sure to take every precaution to ensure the safety of your family and friends. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we care about our clients and not only provide the highest quality automotive parts, services and repairs this side of Franklin, but our friendly professionals are committed to the overall happiness and safety of all our valued clients!
Well, fall is certainly in full bloom and winter right around the corner now. In the fall, as we all know, the temperatures get a bit chilly, the days are shorter, the sun sets a whole lot earlier and the leaves begin to change into lovely fall colors. Fall is also a favorite time of year for a variety of sports, Halloween gatherings and lots of pumpkin everything. However, it is important we don’t lose sight of the fact that the fall also presents with some dangerous fall driving conditions.
When the leaves begin to fall steadily, they make their way onto the many highways and roadways. When this happens, there is an increased risk for accidents since the leaves can pose slippery driving conditions. When there is also a mixture of rainy weather or morning frost, the two combined together can even become quite treacherous. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some very important vehicle safety tips they should adhere to so as to avoid any unsuspecting driving conditions this fall.
VEHICLE SAFETY TIPS FOR THE FALL
Fall is such a beautiful, peaceful time of year when many people just want to find themselves outdoors taking in the brisk, fresh air. Many also enjoy the colorful fall foliage, and taking all those long, peaceful drives through the back roads where all the colors are so vibrant and the atmosphere so calm. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to make sure that our clients can go right ahead and enjoy the lovely fall season and all its elements without being faced with unsuspecting car accidents. So, to ensure your safety, we put together these important tips and facts.
- Tires – As the cooler fall temperatures set in, your tire pressure can begin to change and end up leaving you with tire pressure that is far too low. Be sure to always check the pressure of your tires as well as the condition of the traction and treads because falling colorful leaves can make most roadways dangerous and slippery. When this happens, you want to be sure your tires can grip the surface quickly and properly.
- Brakes – As we suggested already, the roads in the fall can be quite slippery, so be sure before you begin all that fall driving, that your brakes are performing at peak levels and in the best of shape.
- Stay Atop the Current Weather Conditions – As the fall weather sets in and the temperatures become colder, there are a number of road hazards that can exist as a result of falling leaves and even early morning frost. Whenever you drive on fallen leaves it is imperative that you slow your travel speed and always leave a good space between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you. When leaves are wet and even frozen, they can make the road extremely slippery. In addition, when there are leaves all over the roadway, they can easily camouflage other road conditions that are present such as bumps and pot holes. Early morning frost is much like black ice in the winter and can cause very dangerous road conditions especially over bridges. Whenever there is frost, be sure to always slow your travel speed down.
- Wiper Blades and Washer Fluid – Be sure to check your windshield wiper fluid regularly and be sure that your wipers are working properly. In addition, be sure that your wiper blades are not damaged in any way so as to avoid any disruption to clearing your windshield should the weather get tricky.
- Heaters and Defrosters – As the temperatures start dropping, you want to be sure that your heater is working properly, your defroster is functioning and your antifreeze is at sufficient levels needed to protect your engine throughout the cold weather months.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – YOUR NUMBER ONE CHOICE FOR AUTO REPAIRS AND SERVICES
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in our top of the line automotive repairs, parts and services we provide our valued clients. We understand full well how important a properly functioning vehicle is for everyone and are steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our clients. We hope you found these important facts and tips for safe fall driving informative and we look forward to our every opportunity to serve you. For all your automotive parts, repairs and services in Franklin and the surrounding towns, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
Your muffler plays a significant role in your car’s performance. A muffler that is not properly functioning can lead to a number of serious automotive problems, including exhaust back pressure which ultimately can lead to a variety of other components to be damaged. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to take this time to help our valued clients understand the warning signs that it may very well be time for a muffler replacement.
OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU MAY NEED A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the very first signs that your muffler may need replacing is that of loud or especially strange noises that are coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of your muffler is to reduce noise that is produced by your vehicle’s exhaust system. When you begin to hear loud noises when accelerating your vehicle, chances are your muffler is no longer performing at appropriate levels. The noises you ultimately hear coming from your muffler are the result of holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A desperate decrease in your gas mileage – Another indicator that you may need to install a new muffler is drastically reduced gas mileage. When your muffler is functioning properly, it helps with your vehicle’s efficiency. However, when there is a drop in efficiency, this is typically a sign that your muffler is malfunctioning. If this occurs, it is imperative you have your car checked as soon as possible by one of our qualified automotive techs who can diagnose the issue for you. If it is discovered that your malfunctioning muffler is the source of the decreased gas mileage, then a muffler replacement is the ideal solution to provide the proper filtration of your exhaust fumes and help to increase your vehicle’s overall gas mileage.
- An unpleasant odor coming from the muffler – A third and final indicator that you may need a muffler replacement is that of a foul odor coming from your vehicle. If your muffler has a leak or a crack in it, its ability to filter the fumes out of the exhaust properly becomes minimized and the fumes may become trapped. If you notice the presence of a foul odor be sure to reach out to the certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to have your muffler checked out, assessed and if needed repaired or replaced. If you elect not to give attention to your muffler it could be incredibly dangerous since exhaust fumes can, over time, become quite fatal.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN – THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to ensure that clients are aware of these obvious indicators and emphasize that if these three signs are present it is a surefire indication that you are in need of a muffler replacement. We also want to inform our clients that when you recognize these signs early on and give attention to them, replacing your muffler can ultimately be inexpensive. Changing your muffler early on will help to enhance the overall lifespan of your vehicle and will certainly keep your car running for years ahead. Further, changing out a malfunctioning muffler will also contribute to your car’s efficiency and help to avoid other automotive problems from occurring.
To learn more about the importance of replacing a malfunctioning muffler or to make your appointment for a muffler replacement, look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
In today’s world, most people put the care and maintenance of their vehicles into the hands of highly skilled and trained mechanics. From the simplest of tasks to the most complex auto repairs, car owners across the board have that one trusted auto repair shop they can always count on. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to take this time to remind our valued clients of some of the most common repairs and maintenance that need to be performed to keep your vehicle operating at peak levels.
IMPORTANT VEHICLE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- · Engine diagnostics – There certainly are a number of trendy gadgets we can purchase today that allow us to connect to our car’s computer and find the source of a check engine light. Performing the needed repairs, however, is an altogether different story. Many auto problems that trigger the check engine light to go on typically require the services of professional automotive technicians to bring about an effective solution and make that annoying check engine light go away. With that said, when you experience a check engine light problem, it’s best to reach out to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin so that your code can be read and deciphered properly and an effective repair performed.
- · Engine and transmission repairs – Today’s state of the art vehicles now have a full range of new features. From innovative electronics and multiple cams to fuel injection, today’s cars and trucks have a whirlwind of complex engine and transmission components. For that reason, we highly recommend you trust your vehicle’s engine and transmission repairs to the trusted team of specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
- · Suspension mishaps and repairs – The suspension of any vehicle plays a significant role in the overall safety of your vehicle. Installing new components and parts, or performing repairs to existing components can be a rather complicated task. Alignment specs need to be properly engaged or else the overall safety of your vehicle is impaired. The suspension is directly linked to your vehicle’s tires, which dictate how safe and comfortable your ride is. Proper care and maintenance of your vehicle suspension will not only increase the overall lifespan of your tires but will also increase the overall safety of your vehicle and all its passengers.
- · AC care and maintenance – Your AC system is a sealed system within your vehicle. If you have an AC issue and note that you are in need of freon, rest assured you have an AC leak. Simply adding freon to the vehicle will only provide a temporary solution to your problem. In order to determine the source of the problem, whether no air is blowing at all, or the air that is blowing is warm, highly trained automotive techs will need to perform an AC diagnostic test, decipher the code and thereafter, be able to perform the necessary auto repairs to resolve your AC issues.
THE TRUSTED PROFESSIONALS AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and certified automotive technicians are on hand to meet your every need. Whether you are in need of a standard oil and filter change, a new set of tires, have battery issues or your transmission is slipping, rest assured we are the team for you.
Whatever your automotive needs may be, regardless of how simple or complex your auto repairs are, surely you have come to the right place. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our dedicated specialists get your vehicle back on the road again. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Tennessee!
Do you own a fleet of trucks, limos or cars that you rely upon every day for your business? If so, having a top-rated auto repair facility you can trust with all your maintenance, repair and service needs as well as your routine vehicle maintenance is an absolute must do. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and experienced auto technicians stand ready to meet your every fleet auto maintenance needs.
We are confident that you will find the utmost satisfaction in not only our high-performance services, but our turnaround times and affordable prices as well. Our team is steadfast in meeting the needs of all our valued clients and in performing the highest level of customer satisfaction and approval. The fleet services we can provide stand out from our competitors and our marketplace presence is a true testament to our commitment and to that very fact.
AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOPPING FOR ALL YOUR AUTOMOTIVE NEEDS
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin is committed and dedicated to providing our valued clients with only the highest quality parts, repairs, and service needs required for your fleet of cars, trucks and limos. With a fully licensed and certified team, and ongoing automotive training, you can be sure when you put your trust in us, that you are putting your trust into the hands of some of the absolute best in the industry.
Our friendly staff is here to provide you with all your automotive needs from basic maintenance including brake repair, mufflers, AC repairs, and tune ups to electrical systems and transmission issues to name a few. We are truly your one stop shopping facility here in Franklin serving many of the surrounding towns as well.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Our mission statement is simple – we strive for 100% customer satisfaction with all our maintenance and repair service we provide. We are truly committed to our customers and to our top-rated customer service and our team is always on hand to answer any questions and resolve your every automotive problem.
TRUST YOUR FLEET TO US
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we understand full well the impact a failed fleet can have on your business. We know that if your fleet is not operating at peak levels, your business stands to suffer a loss. With that said, with our multi-point inspection, we can identify any potential problems in advance and avoid hefty repair costs or downtime for your vehicles. We not only provide superior automotive services for your fleet, but we will track and keep records of all services and repairs performed and advise you when routine service is needed for any of your fleet vehicles.
TOP-RATED FRANKLIN AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS AND SERVICES
To learn more about our state-of-the-art fleet automotive maintenance programs, be sure to reach out to one of our team members and schedule your free consultation appointment today. Our friendly team strives to not only deliver the best all round fleet auto maintenance services and repairs this side of Franklin, but to deliver peace of mind needed when entrusting the care and maintenance of your fleet vehicles to us. We have earned a spot on the marketplace charts as one of the best automotive facilities this side of the state and take pride in being recognized as your go to facility for all your automotive needs. Whatever your business, however many vehicles in your fleet, put your trust in the experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did.
In the midst of the challenging Covid pandemic, the mere thought of germs, bacteria and dirty surfaces can cause any of us to be concerned. Touching or even sitting in any designated area that can potentially be smothered in bacteria and germs, is something we all want to avoid, especially at this time. With that said, the team of dedicated automotive specialists here at Auto Clinic of Franklin thought it best to share some important but incredibly simple steps for sanitizing vehicles during these challenging times.
Cars and trucks, though we attempt to clean them often, can be home to a whole lot of dirt, germs and bacteria and especially the steering wheel of all components. A vehicle steering wheel carries a wide range of germs and bacteria as do the door handles, seat belts, touch pads and cup holders to name a few. Each of these vehicle components is touched and used often paving the way for a variety of germs, bacteria and dirt. Now more than ever before, with the current Covid pandemic, our professional team thought the timing is perfect to offer our valued clients some very useful tips they can use for sanitizing vehicles and making their vehicles safe.
WHY SANITIZE YOUR VEHICLE
Sanitizing vehicles is a whole lot different than just giving it a typical cleaning. Now more than ever it is important to keep all types of germs and bacteria off of your many car parts and components that you touch often. Though many of us dedicate a lot of time to cleaning, washing and sanitizing our every belonging during this pandemic, cleaning and sanitizing your vehicle probably has not come in at the top of your cleaning list. People spend a great deal of time in their trucks and cars which is why it is so important to keep them clean and sanitized. In our efforts to stop the spread of bacteria and viruses and other types of germs as well, we should all give attention to these simple steps for sanitizing vehicles.
SIMPLE METHODS YOU CAN FOLLOW TO SANITIZE YOUR TRUCK OR CAR
- Eliminate mold and dust – Unlike open spaces, your vehicle is a closed environment which means the chances of bacteria and germs growing inside are greatly enhanced. By vacuuming, you can remove most of the dirt and dust particles from the interior of your vehicle. In addition, cleaning away any larger debris you may have accumulated in your vehicle will help to minimize and even eliminate dirt, dust and mold.
- Replace or clean the cabin air filter – As many of us know, the cabin air filter is accountable for cleaning the inside atmosphere in your vehicle. It is important to change out the air filter at minimum every 6 months in your efforts to maintain clean, breathable air in your car or truck. If you notice that the air is not cool enough in your vehicle, or if it has an unpleasant smell, chances are that moldy air is being circulated in the vehicle. A dirty air filter easily distributes bacteria and germs in your vehicle from your vehicle’s air conditioning system, so be sure to change out the cabin air filter regularly.
- Clean the upholstery – Dirt, dust, germs and even mold at times, can collect on your vehicle’s upholstery. Be sure to clean the upholstery with a microfiber cloth or even with a small gentler vacuum cleaner to remove any loose dust and particles.
- Practice using disinfectants that are safe – There are a good number of quality disinfectants on the market today that are safe for use on the surface of your vehicles, especially those surfaces that you are constantly touching. Such components as the steering wheel, armrest, gear stick, touchscreen, door handles, seat belts and mirrors, should be cleaned and sanitized routinely. The chances of germs and other bacteria building up can be greatly reduced and even eliminated when you regularly clean these often-touched components.
- Don’t forget the car wash – The exterior of your vehicle should be washed often as well. By running your car or truck through a car wash you will not only obtain a shiny, like new look, but you will also decontaminate and properly sanitize the exterior surface of your vehicle as well.
THE TRUSTED SPECIALISTS HERE AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are steadfast in our commitment to only provide the highest quality automotive products and services to all our valued clients. In addition, during these trying times, we are also focused on educating our clients on the best ways to stay safe in their vehicles. For more information on proper steps you can take for sanitizing vehicles, or to schedule your automotive repairs or services, be sure to reach out to the friendly technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today.
The muffler is one of the most important components that contribute to the overall functionality of your vehicle. If a muffler is not operating properly, there are a number of problems that could arise, causing severe challenges with your vehicle. A malfunctioning muffler can cause a great deal of damage to your vehicle and render it non drivable. When you find yourself faced with these complicated issues and a vehicle that simply cannot be driven, then the ideal solution to the problem is a necessary muffler replacement.
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with our valued clients some of the obvious indicators that it may be time to replace your muffler. We have focused on those warning signs below.
THREE OBVIOUS SIGNS THAT YOU ARE IN NEED OF A NEW MUFFLER
- Loud noises being emitted from your muffler – One of the first signs that your muffler is in need of replacement is that of strange, loud noises coming from your vehicle. One of the prime functions of the muffler is to reduce any noises that are produced by the vehicle’s exhaust system. With that said, if you hear a loud noise when accelerating that is a pretty prominent indicator that you need a muffler replacement. Common causes of these loud noises would be either holes or cracks in the muffler.
- A decrease in your typical gas mileage – Another sign that your muffler is on its way out is that of decreased gas mileage. When a muffler is functioning properly, it contributes to your vehicle’s efficiency. When there is a noticeable change in efficiency, it is usually an indicator that there is a problem with the muffler. A new muffler will help to filter the exhaust more efficiently and increase your gas mileage again.
- A noticeable bad odor is being emitted from your muffler – A third sign that your muffler needs replacing is that of a bad odor or smell coming from your vehicle. The muffler filters the fumes out of your exhaust, but if there is a leak or any other damage to the muffler it cannot filter fumes properly. If you notice a bad odor be sure to get the vehicle into our trusted mechanics as soon as possible. Failure to do so could wind of being quite dangerous since exhaust fumes can become near to fatal over an extended period of time.
Overall, the above indicators are definite signs that your muffler may very well need to be replaced. If you pay attention to these signs and catch them early on, then your replacement muffler can be somewhat inexpensive. Giving focus to your damaged muffler early on can help to keep your vehicle fully functional and operating at peak levels for a long time down the road. In addition, giving focus to these indicators will certainly contribute to the overall efficiency of your vehicle and can help to avoid more complicated and serious automotive problems from occurring.
THE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of highly skilled and experienced technicians take tremendous pride in providing all our valued clients with the highest quality automotive products and services this side of Franklin. Our professionals are steadfast in their efforts to meet the individual needs of all our clients in timelines that are accommodating to clients and with prices that are every bit competitive and affordable.
If you are in need of automotive repairs or services, including a muffler replacement, then look to the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!