A car is one of the most important purchases that you will make in your life which is why protecting it is so important. Your vehicle requires regular care and maintenance in order to ensure its peak performance and its overall lifespan. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are committed to providing you with the best all round Franklin auto repair services this side of Tennessee.
Whether routine maintenance, standard repairs such as headlight replacement, car window adjustments, oil changes or any other type of automotive repair we are definitely the team for you. Our full-service auto repair facility located right here in Franklin and operated by our licensed auto repair technicians and managers, has earned itself a spot at the top of the charts as one of the best automotive facilities in all the regions. We pride ourselves on our premier Franklin auto repair services and are friendly, certified team of professionals who are quick to provide you with all your automotive needs.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin you are our #1 priority. We ensure that we provide all our customers with the confidence and peace of mind needed to know that you’re your vehicle is being cared for by some of the best technicians in the industry. Open weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm, our team stands ready to serve you with all your automotive needs.
Proudly serving Franklin and many of its surrounding towns, our licensed techs are on hand to answer all your questions and address your every concern. We are committed and dedicated to providing products and services that are not only top-notch but affordable as well.
If you are in need of top rated automotive repairs and services, then surely you have come to the right place. Whether winter, spring, summer or fall, proper maintenance of your vehicle is essential to its efficient functionality and its life expectancy. So, when you find yourself in need of quality, affordable Franklin auto repair services don’t delay, but rather reach out to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Give us a call at 615-794-9890 to schedule your routine maintenance or automotive repairs today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round auto services and repairs this side of Tennessee!
Although they are not outwardly visible and certainly not a feature of your car that you typically brag about, your brakes are vitally important to the overall functionality of your car. For this very reason, it is essential that you give focus and pay attention to any of the indicators that suggest it is time for your rotors or brake pads to be checked or replaced. With that said, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to offer you the insight needed to recognize these warning signs.
First and foremost, if you notice your brake pedal is pulsating then it’s a very good chance that you need to invest in new brake pads. If you press down on the brake pedal and it begins to pulsate or vibrate this is a good indicator that your brake pads are either warped or worn out. If this is the case you can either have them remachined or replaced altogether.
Next, if you notice that your brakes are squealing and/or screeching rest assured it’s time to replace those pads. A high-pitched sound that is emitted when you depress the brakes is caused by the metal shim. If your brakes are over exposed to water you may hear this sound once or twice only. However, if you hear it constantly, then it’s time to pay a visit to the highly skilled technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
The next indicator is that of a grinding or clicking sound coming from your brakes. If you hear this sound when you apply your brakes, then again, it’s time to replace them. Usually a grinding sound of this sort tells you that your brakes are well beyond the point of questioning whether or not they need replacement. Since the grinding sound is caused by the metal disc and caliper rubbing together because the brake pads are completely worn out, you must not delay. Rather, get on down to our facility as soon as you can because chances are, you need to replace both the rotors and the pads.
Yet another indicator that your rotors or brake pads may need replacing is the simple act of your car pulling. This means that it feels as though your car wants to turn on its own, whether you are driving or braking. Your braking system could have a stuck caliper causing friction on one of your wheels or it could be uneven brake pads or a brake hose that has collapsed. In some cases, it could just be the fact that your tires are not inflated evenly. Regardless, when you feel the car pulling get it to our mechanics for a good once over.
Finally, if you take a peek at your vehicle’s brake pads through the car wheel spokes, you can often determine by viewing if they need to be replaced. The outside brake pad is the material up against the metal rotor. If you notice that there is less than a quarter of an inch, then head on over to our repair shop right away.
We hope you find this information helpful. Remember, if you are in the market for a reliable, professional, certified and highly experienced automotive repair shop then certainly you have come to the right place. Whether diagnostic testing, new tires, typical preventive maintenance or any type of automotive repair, we are the team for you. Our team stands ready to serve you with the best all round automotive services this side of Tennessee. For all your automotive needs, reach out to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be glad you did!!
Summer is finally here and with all the atmosphere issues, it looks as though we are in for a really scorching hot one. Many people plan their summer vacations and multiple weekend getaways well in advance of summer’s arrival. You probably have already figured out what you are going to pack, what tourist activities interest you and what type of memories you are looking to add to the memory book. But many people forget one thing before heading out for vacation. When driving that long distance to your vacation spot, be sure to have your vehicle checked before you head out so you don’t find yourself falling victim to your car overheating during your travels.
With that said, there are a few things you need to do to ensure your vehicle will not overheat when driving in sweltering summer temperatures. We have taken this opportunity to discuss those items with you so you do not come face to face with car troubles on your vacation.
How to Prevent Overheating
One of the best ways to avoid car overheating problems is simply by ensuring you perform routine maintenance on your vehicle. This is the first and most important step in avoiding any type of engine trouble for your car. With the multitude of systems in your car, some of which are specifically designed to regulate temperatures, you want to ensure that each is performing at peak levels at all times. Your engine oil, for instance, is responsible for providing lubrication to the moving parts of your car’s engine. It also serves to minimize friction and reduce heat. By engaging in routine maintenance and especially oil changes, you help to ensure that your engine is running cool at all times.
Understanding your car’s cooling system is important for every vehicle owner. Your cooling system is comprised of many parts from fans and belts to coolant fluids. Over time the cooling system in your vehicle will develop what are called scale deposits that restrict the circulation of coolant. When this occurs, it is necessary to have your cooling system flushed out. That is where the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin come in. Our highly educated, skilled and trained technicians carry out all the normal examinations of your vehicle and ensure that your car is effectively and efficiently cooled down and able to keep on running for years down the road.
Steps to Take Should Your Car Overheat
If you find yourself faced with a car overheating, make sure to pull over right away. Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and then turn off your engine. Make certain not to open the hood of your car at this time. Wait for your vehicle to cool down, typically about a half an hour. You want to wait until the temperature gauge is indicating normal vehicle temperatures. Next, check the coolant levels of the vehicle. You can locate the coolant typically near to the radiator. It is a transparent reservoir. If the coolant levels are low, you must refill the reservoir. We highly recommend when traveling long distances in the scorching summer months that you travel with and extra bottle of coolant.
Next, you want to check the hoses for any leaks by squeezing them. If you feel no pressure from the liquids in the hose, then surely you have a problem. If you decide and are comfortable enough to remove your radiator cap, take very careful steps in doing so. Protect your hand and be sure to tilt the lid in a direction away from your face. Wait until the car is completely cooled down to do this. Never try to remove the radiator cap when the vehicle is still hot. Also, if you find it necessary to pour water into the radiator, never pour it into a hot radiator since that can quickly crack the engine block on your car.
We hope you found this information useful. However, if you are worried about the maintenance and overall health of your vehicle in the sweltering summer months ahead, then simply come on down to our facility and let us perform any needed routine maintenance so as to avoid your car overheating this summer. The friendly, professional technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are on hand to perform all your needed oil changes, fluid flushes, or any type of auto repairs you may have. We look forward to serving you and to helping to make your summer a season of travel, fun and memories for you and your family!!
With summer now upon us, it is important to take steps to ensure the safety of all those summer road trips. Whether you are heading to the ocean, setting out to travel cross country or simply in route to a summer concert, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin highly recommend you prep your car with an emergency road kit. We all know that regardless of how well we take care of our cars, and no matter the year, make or model unexpected car problems are bound to occur from time to time.
Although you cannot be prepared completely for every vehicle emergency that occurs, there are some practical measures you can take to ensure the safety of you and your family should your vehicle suddenly break down or experience an automotive issue. With that said, a completely stocked emergency road kit is a definite way to plan for the unexpected. Here are some of the key items you want to be sure to include in your road kit.
- Jumper Cables – Certainly an item you never want to overlook. Surely there is no more frustrating a feeling than coming out of the mall, your work, church or any place for that matter, and finding that your car has a dead battery. A set of jumper cables is sure to provide an effective solution to this problem and is a key item to include in your emergency road kit.
- Flat Tire Tools – A flat tire can occur at any time, anywhere and without any warning whatsoever which is why having the appropriate flat tire tools on hand is quite useful. A spare tire, lug wrench and a jack are all essential to your flat tire tools and are an important component of your emergency kit. Ensure that the tools are in proper working order and, if possible, take time out to learn how to use them effectively.
- Flashlight – It is never a good idea, nor a fun idea to find yourself stranded by the roadside in the dark of the night without any way of seeing and getting around. Be sure to pack a flashlight in your road kit and make certain you don’t forget the batteries.
- Reflective Hazard Flares and Triangles – If ever you have car trouble or a breakdown and need to work on your vehicle along the roadside, these essential items will help to keep you safe. If you choose not to work on the vehicle yourself, but rather call for roadside assistance, reflective hazard items can be used while waiting for your assistance to arrive.
- Miscellaneous Items – It is also important to include bottles of water, a first aid kit, non-perishable snacks, a blanket, and a phone charger as part of your emergency road kit. With these additional items packed and on hand, you will be more than happy should you find yourself caught up in an emergency roadside situation and stranded for a bit of time.
Summer is finally here and many people tend to travel a great deal in the hot summer months. Vacations are popular this time of year and many are travelled by car. With these facts in hand, it makes good sense to prep your car for any unexpected vehicle occurrences with a fully stocked emergency road kit. Don’t let your summer road trips and vacations get spoiled by sudden vehicle issues. Pack your road kit today to ensure the safety and well being of you and all your passengers. And don’t forget, should you find yourself in need of premier automotive services or repairs then the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are just the team for you. Come on down to our facility and let our highly skilled and trained technicians take care of your every need. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes for a safe summer season ahead!!
Your car battery is certainly an essential component of both your starting system and your car’s charging system. The role of the battery within the charging system is primarily to send an electrical current to your vehicle’s starter in order to allow the car to start up and run. Further to this simple task, your battery also supplies electricity to the many other electrical components in your car. Components such as the radio and CD player, and interior and exterior lights when your vehicle is off are just a couple of important features that are dependent upon your vehicle’s battery. With that said, your battery upkeep and, when necessary, your battery replacement are critical to the overall functionality of your vehicle.
Most vehicles use only one battery, but diesel engine vehicles and electric vehicles require two or even more batteries in order to provide sufficient power to their engines and electrical systems. Most vehicle batteries are SLI batteries (starting, lighting and ignition) batteries and, again, are essential components of your vehicle. If your vehicle has no battery, then, as just about anyone knows, the engine cannot start. Understanding the important role the battery plays in your vehicle is reason enough for you to keep a close watch over the condition and strength of your battery life.
The Importance of Battery Replacement Services Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and trained team of certified master mechanics and technicians are committed to providing all our valued clients with the highest quality car repair services Tennessee has to offer. Our professional auto repair technicians possess the experience and know-how to handle any car problems you may find yourself faced with.
If you are experiencing issues starting your engine, then surely you can contact our team or come visit us for our specialized battery replacement services. We will test your vehicle to determine if the battery is, in fact, the root cause of the problem and whether or not it is in need of replacement. Keep in mind that though new batteries typically perform quite well for the first 3-5 years, after this span of time they may actually malfunction. Your batter life can be minimized by extreme weather elements or improper maintenance of the battery. Our staff is on hand and equipped to test and determine the overall status of your battery’s lifespan and has the tools to review your battery performance and determine whether a battery replacement is the effective solution to your problems.
If we determine that a new battery is in order, rest assured we will take every step to ensure the performance and functionality of your vehicle before it leaves our facility. We will walk you through the replacement process and stand ready to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have about our recommendation to replace your battery. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin you are our #1 priority which is why you can always trust our advice, our teams, our products and our top-quality services.
Proudly serving Franklin and many of its surrounding towns, our friendly and professional staff is on hand to take care of your every automotive need. If you are having issues with your car battery and are in need of a battery replacement, or are experiencing any other problems with your vehicle then we are the team for you. Simply give a shout out today and schedule your appointment. Summer is right around the corner and we don’t want you to get caught without your vehicle come time to gather up the family and head on out on your long-awaited summer vacation. Don’t delay. Contact our team today!!
Now that you have made an investment in a quality set of tires, it’s important to take every step to protect your investment. Surely you want to get the most out of your new tires and enjoy them for several years ahead. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has the following tips to offer in order to extend both the life expectancy and performance of your tires and keep them in the best shape possible for the longest period of time.
After checking out all the specifications, looking into performance ratings, and warranties and finally choosing your new tires, ensuring that they remain in the best of shape for the longest time is your must do next step. Here are some practical and very important tips to accomplish just that:
- Proper inflation – Be sure to check your tire inflation regularly. You should do this when the tires are cool and use a tire pressure gauge for your best results. Tires that are inflated inappropriately will cause a good deal of strain and wear on your new tires which results in a shortened lifespan and poor performance.
- Proper tire rotation – Be sure to rotate your new tires whenever you have an oil change in order to prevent uneven wear on the tires and also promote a smoother, better ride.
- Proper tire balance – When your tires are balanced, your ride is much smoother and the wear on the new tires is minimized. Be sure to have them balanced at the same time you schedule your tire rotation.
- Proper tire alignment – Proper tire alignment maximizes your tire treads, enhances their performance and helps your tires wear evenly, all of which are essential to your drive.
- Proper care of your tires – Just as you would clean the rest of your vehicle, it is important to keep your tires clean and keep them free of debris. You should also give focus to your tire rims, valves and hubcaps as well. Also ensure that your valve caps are on and have no cracks that can ultimately result in leaks.
- Vehicle parking – Most people do not realize that when your car is parked on hot asphalt during the hot months this can cause heat damage to your tires. On the flip side of that, in extreme cold, parking on dirt or gravel roads can cause warping and damage to your tires as well. Finally, if you do not drive your care for a long period of time, this immobility and long-term parking can break down tires and even destroy them.
- Weightbearing – Whenever you change the weight in your vehicle you cause extra strain on your tires. Be certain that anything you are towing or are putting into your truck or the rear of your vehicle is within the weight limits of your tires and your vehicle. Staying within those weight limits will prevent any flats, tire blow outs or other damage.
- Pay attention to your own driving habits – If you typically perform excessive braking, acceleration or frequent stop and go traffic, these will all affect the wear of your tires. Also, when driving pay close attention to speed bumps, curbs, road debris and pot holes since each can damage your tires and your sidewalls.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance – Be sure to keep up with your seasonal maintenance and regularly scheduled maintenance in order to enhance the health and performance of your tires.
Everybody tries to put off, as long as possible, purchasing new tires. However, when you do finally make that investment you want to be certain to properly maintain them and enjoy your tires for several years. Whether winter, spring, summer or fall it is always important to take proper care of your tires to ensure not only extended performance but the safety of yourself and all your passengers. Take time out today to schedule your routine vehicle maintenance with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin and make certain to include your seasonal check of your tires as well. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round automotive services this side of Franklin.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to ensure that our clients take ideal care of their vehicles. The best way to avoid any long term costly problems with your vehicle is simply to keep on track with its preventative automotive maintenance schedule. Routine maintenance is vital to the overall performance of your vehicle as well as to its life expectancy. Engaging in routine maintenance provides for optimal driving capabilities and prevents serious automotive issues that can certainly be difficult on your pocketbook. To ensure that you are providing all the necessary routine maintenance for your vehicle, be sure to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual and more specifically with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin.
It doesn’t matter what type of vehicle you own or the year, make or model of the vehicle, it is critical to perform regular maintenance and put a routine schedule in place. That’s where our highly skilled and trained staff and certified technicians comes in. When servicing your vehicle, we will keep adequate records of all services and repairs performed in our efforts to assist you in maintaining accurate routine maintenance records as needed. Though your owner’s manual presents with the ideal preventative automotive maintenance schedule many car owners find it much easier and comforting to simply consult with our friendly professionals. We will keep you apprised of services needed from changing your oil and filters and replacing driving and timing belts to topping off fluids and replacing brake pads to name a few of our routine services.
Preventative Maintenance Tasks
Our technician specialists are on hand to keep your vehicle in tip top shape by performing necessary maintenance tasks. Some of the typical preventative automotive maintenance services and automotive repairs we provide include the following:
- Inspecting and replacing timing and serpentine belts
- Checking, repairing and replacing batteries and battery connection components
- Checking and changing oil
- Checking and replacing cabin air filters as well as engine air filters
- Checking, adjusting and replacing spark plugs and wires
- Tire replacement, rotation and balancing
- Wheel alignments
In addition, we provide full vehicle inspections and diagnostic services on all makes and models and are equipped to handle windshield repairs and replacement as well. We are truly a full service automotive repair center that affords our clients the best in preventative automotive maintenance services this side of Franklin. Our highly skilled and trained technicians stand ready to serve you with your every need. There is truly no repair or service project that is too big or too small for our team. With our high level of commitment and dedication, our team remains steadfast in providing superior products and services to all our valued clients.
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin you are our #1 priority which is why we have been billed often as your ‘go to’ place for all your automotive repair and maintenance needs. If you are in need of premier automotive repairs, services, or preventative automotive maintenance then we are the team for you. Take time out now to contact our staff and schedule an appointment today. Spring is here and summer is right around the corner which means that many people will be preparing to do a whole lot of driving and traveling. With that said, we want to ensure the overall functionality of your vehicle and the safety of your family during all those travels.
For more information on the services we provide take a browse through the rest of our website and then give a shout out and schedule your repair or preventative automotive maintenance service appointment today. Don’t delay. Summer is almost here so give our team a call today!!
We all certainly enjoy the freedom of driving the open roads, whether through deserts, grasslands, mountains, highways or forests. However, often times when driving we pass through the homes of many of nature’s most beautiful animals who, many times, wander out into the roads and sometimes at the most inopportune times of all. With that said, the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share with our valued clients some important safe driving tips when encountering our friendly innocent neighbors.
- Start by always paying attention. Although we all typically pay attention when we are driving, there are times when we are looking at something other than the road especially in today’s crazy world of technology. Though you may be driving along on what appears to be a quiet, serene roadway, keep in mind that this false sense of security can be quickly interrupted should an innocent animal wander onto the roadway in just a moment’s time. Animals often appear out of nowhere at all and take us by surprise, so keep your eyes on the road and stay alert at all times.
- Slow down your speed. Especially after dark, it is a good rule of thumb to keep your travel speed below 70 mph. This allows you to be able to react quickly if need be should any obstacle makes its way into your path. During the daylight hours you should always slow down your speed in areas where there are known habitats or wherever animal crossings are posted. Though you may feel as though slowing your speed is wasting your time, the flip side of that scenario, the time and money it would cost if you collided with an unsuspecting animal would be far greater than your mere loss of a few moments time.
- Be certain you have clear night sight. If you are going to be traveling at night it is always best to ensure that your windshield is clear and clean. You should also use your high beams when traveling at night when there are no vehicles oncoming and keep a close watch for the reflection of glowing animal eyes. Be certain to give extra focus and attention at dawn and dusk since visibility is often compromised at these times of the day and various wildlife tend to be more out and about at these times as well.
- If you find yourself unable to avoid hitting an animal, you should remain in your travel lane and hold your brake pedal to the floor. This will help to stop your vehicle quickly and maintain steering control. Blasting your horn can alert the animal and allow them to run out of harm’s way. You should not try to swerve to avoid the animal since this can many times lead to a much more dangerous collision with another vehicle. Though none of us want to cause harm to nature’s beautiful animals, it is your #1 priority to save your own life and the lives of those passengers in your vehicle first.
We are all lucky to be able to share our roads with many of nature’s animals, both big and small. If you engage in a bit of preparedness and stay alert and focused, then surely we can safely get to our every destination while preserving the lives of precious wildlife.
The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin take tremendous pride in providing top of the line services to all our valued clients. If you are in need of auto repairs or maintenance services, then we are the team for you. Simply give a call out to our team today and schedule your appointment. We hope you found our safe driving tips useful and look forward to serving you with all your automotive maintenance and repair needs.
In years past it was typical for car owners to always work on their own cars. Though there are still many individuals who do maintain their own vehicles, the complex design and build of cars today presents with repairs that are truly best left to the professionals. Car maintenance tasks range from the simplest to the most complex, which is why the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to offer our clients insight on those repairs best left to the professionals.
Rather Than Try These At Home – Trust Them to the Professionals
- Check engine diagnostics – Though there are several gadgets on the market today that allow us to communicate with our car’s computer, dealing with a check engine light is not an easy task to perform. Many check engine light codes require innovative equipment in order to fully identify and analyze the problem. With that said, it’s best to leave the check engine light problems to the pros who can read the codes accurately, decipher the codes efficiently and not only get to the true source of the problem, but provide effective solutions as well.
- Air conditioning maintenance and fill up – Many people are of the mindset that should they have issues with their car’s air conditioning they simply need to invest in a can of Freon from their local store and pump it into their AC system. However, this is surely not the case. If your AC needs Freon, then there is, without a doubt, a leak somewhere. Your AC system is a sealed system so if you are fresh out of Freon, you have a leak. By filling your system, you are not solving the problem at hand, but merely presenting with a temporary solution. Trust the pros to identify and solve your AC issues.
- Rotating your tires – It’s not difficult to jack up a car and swap your tires from front to back, and left to right. However, when performing a tire rotation, it is important to rebalance the tires as well. In addition, inspecting the tires for sidewall and tread damage and uneven wear is essential to the process. Though you may be able to actually rotate your tires, it takes a trained professional coupled with some expensive equipment to perform the task at peak levels. Why take a chance of driving about on unsafe tires that are not balanced when this inexpensive car maintenance task can be properly handled by the professionals.
- Internal engine repairs – With today’s newer cars and engines, there are a range of new features including electronics, multiple cams, fuel injection and a plethora of other high tech features that make them a whole lot more complex than cars in years past. For this reason, we highly recommend you leave your car engine repairs to our professionals.
- Suspension repairs – Your suspension certainly plays a significant role in the safety of your car. If you attempt to install new parts and components on your own you are apt to tamper with the alignment specs of the vehicle. When this occurs, your vehicle becomes a bit of a safety hazard and directly affects your tires. To increase the lifespan of your tires and for your overall safety, it’s best to leave the upgrade or repair of your car’s suspension to the pros.
With all the local automotive stores today, car owners certainly have access to nearly every automotive part out there. With that said, buying and installing your own windshield wiper blades, a headlight bulb, or other smaller repair items is perfectly fine for the guy or gal that labels themselves an automotive do-it-yourselfer. However, with the more complex issues, it is best to trust in the careful, experienced hands of your friendly automotive professional.
If you find yourself in need of automotive repairs or services, then surely you have come to the right place. The highly skilled and trained technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin stand ready to serve you with all your automotive needs. Go ahead and take care of all those minor car maintenance tasks yourself, but leave the bigger problems to us. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best automotive services this side of Tennessee.
As most of us know, your car’s fuel pump has one primary function – to move fuel from your gas tank to your vehicle’s engine. For this very reason, this automotive component is a vital part of the overall operation of your vehicle. With that said, should any type of mechanical malfunction or damage occur to your fuel pump you can be looking at some very serious automotive problems.
The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to provide you with insight needed to recognize and understand early on the warning signs that may be directly associated with a malfunctioning fuel pump. Once you have a pretty good understanding of the warning signs we strongly suggest, should you experience any of them, you immediately reach out to our certified team to perform an inspection and analysis of your vehicle. Should we find that your fuel pump is, in fat, malfunctioning or damaged, then we will replace this integral component before it experiences a complete malfunction or contributes to other critical mechanical issues in time. Here are some of the most obvious warning signs affiliated with a fuel pump malfunction or problem.
- Your engine will not start – This is one of the most obvious warning signs of a malfunctioning or damaged fuel pump. A faulty pump cannot transfer enough fuel from the tank to the engine which ultimately results in repeated efforts and cranking to get the engine started.
- A stuttering engine – When driving your vehicle if you notice that your engine is consistently stuttering or jolting, this is a clear indication that your fuel pump is not working properly. The stuttering or jolting occurs because the pump is unable to push a sufficient amount of fuel to your vehicle’s engine and, therefore, is unable to maintain a specific speed.
- Minimized fuel efficiency – When your pump is not working effectively, either insufficient amounts of fuel or excessive amounts are being supplied to the engine causing fuel inefficiency. If you do not address the problem up front, over time you will find that your engine will be burning off more fuel than is necessary as it struggles to operate according to its design and purpose.
- Your engine surges – If, while driving, you notice sudden speed increases or surges this is because the fuel pump is pushing too much gasoline to the engine. If this process continues you may find yourself faced with a flooded engine which will cause your vehicle to completely stall out without any additional warning.
- You hear unfamiliar high-pitched noises – When you are driving along, if you happen to notice an annoying high-pitched sound coming from your engine, then chances are your fuel pump is to blame. More times than not these loud noises are indicators that the components within the pump have suffered excessive wear. Keep in mind, that if you are hearing loud screeching sounds now, if you do not address them immediately, you will pretty much find yourself faced with a more serious mechanical problem over time.
Though there are a number of issues that could be the cause of your vehicle’s poor performance, if you recognize any of the above warning signs, there is a good chance your fuel pump is the primary culprit for the problems at hand. Be smart, be wise. Should you notice any of these warning signs, don’t delay. Contact the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to perform an inspection and analysis of your fuel pump and to provide you with effective solutions to your problem.
Our team of highly skilled and trained mechanics is on hand to answer your questions and offer information and insight as needed. We are more than happy to discuss any concerns you may have about your vehicle’s fuel pump or any other automotive issues you may be experiencing as well. Feel free to contact our professionals today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with our top-rated products and services year after year.