If you have recently purchased a car and find yourself faced with a flat tire, you may be in for an even bigger surprise. Many of the manufacturers now no longer include a donut tire or spare tire in their new vehicles. With that said, it may be a good idea to keep a tire repair kit in your trunk.
We have all experienced a flat tire at one time or another. Certainly, a flat tire is not the end of the world. There are simple tire repair kits that you can use to fix a small tire puncture. With a tire repair kit, you can patch the puncture whether a tear or a hole, inflate the tire and then continue to drive on it until you can get yourself down to our trusted automotive facility here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. With that said, we want to share some quick and easy tire fix steps to take that will help keep you on the road.
Quick and Easy Fix
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and certified automotive techs is on hand to help with all your automotive needs. We want to take this time to help our customers understand how to use a simple tire repair kit to hold them over.
If you get a flat tire and want to be able to make it to your automotive shop, then a simple small patch may be the perfect solution. Car repair kits come with a sealant and a small air compressor. The sealant is used to cover over a small tire puncture and the air compressor to inflate your damaged tire. Though this is an effective tire fix, it is only a temporary fix. Our team wants to share some quick steps you can take to patch your damaged tire temporarily. This quick and easy fix should be just enough for you to drive your vehicle down to our trusted facility to replace that damaged tire.
How to Patch the Tire
The steps to patch a tire are quick and simple:
- Determine which tire is losing the air and then remove any dirt or debris that has made its way into the puncture or hole. Typically, damage is caused by a nail or some other piece of metal on the road surface.
- Be sure to keep the tire mounted on the rim as you expand the hole and apply lubricant needed in order to insert the actual plug.
- Once expanded, insert the repair retread tool and the plug all the way into the hole or puncture.
- Remove the tool, leaving the plug firmly in place.
- If necessary, trim the plug to ensure that it is flush with the tire wall.
Replace Your Tire at Our Top-Rated Automotive Facility
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, we take tremendous pride in providing our clients with only the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. We understand full well that your car is one of the biggest investments you will make in a lifetime, which is why we are committed to helping you keep your vehicle healthy and on the road. If you have experienced a flat tire and have used a tire repair kit, remember that these kits are not designed to provide a forever lasting solution. The kit can certainly provide you with a temporary solution and time enough to drive to our trusted facility.
We offer a wide range of high-quality tire services including affordable tires, trusted alignment services, balancing and other emergency repairs as well. Although you have managed to perform a quick tire fix, be sure to schedule your appointment as soon as possible to replace that damaged tire and enjoy safe traveling in your vehicle again. Don’t put yourself, your family or your passengers in harms way. Come on down to Auto Clinic of Franklin today, your go to place for all your automotive needs.
Certainly, summer is upon us and the scorching hot temperatures have made their presence known. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants our valued clients to understand that one very important aspect of your car care and maintenance is that of tire care. Since your tires are the point of contact between the road surface and your car, it is imperative that you give them proper attention so as to enjoy smooth and safe driving. Our highly experienced and skilled team of automotive specialists wants to share some important but simple tips on how you can achieve peak tire performance all summer long.
Pay Attention to Tire Pressure
All the driving you did all winter long and even in the early spring months can cause fluctuations in your tire pressure. As the summer temperatures and weather come into play, it is more important than ever to make appropriate adjustments to your tire pressure. If your tires are underinflated, you may find yourself faced with poor handling, excessive and quick tire wear as well as minimized fuel efficiency. If, on the other hand, your tires are overinflated you will experience a much harsher and difficult ride along with reduced tire traction. Reach out to one of our specialists to determine what the recommended tire pressure is for your vehicle and perhaps even invest in a reliable and trustworthy tire pressure gauge that allows you to check, monitor and adjust your own tire pressure as needed.
Inspect and Monitor Your Tires
Season after season your tires can experience all types of wear and even damage that is not visible to the naked eye. Our team of professionals highly recommends that you inspect your tires routinely looking for cuts, sidewall bulges, punctures or any other damage. Each of these occurrences can greatly compromise the safety and integrity of your tires. When inspecting be sure to also check the tread depth of each one of your tires. If you are unsure of how to perform this task or what the proper tread depth should be, be sure to come on down to our trusted facility and let one of our friendly techs help.
Be Sure to Rotate Your Tires
One simple but important task in order to achieve peak tire performance is that of routine tire rotation. Regular rotation of your tires is very important to provide for even wear of your tires while in use and also for extending the life expectancy of your tires as well. As we all know, during difficult winter weather driving tires can fall prey to uneven wear and tear as a result of the very strenuous road surface conditions. When you rotate your tires, you help to distribute and provide even wear for each tire which contributes to much better handling, traction and, yes, peak tire performance.
Visit Our Trusted Team for All Your Automotive Needs
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of skilled professionals is steadfast in their commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued clients. We take tremendous pride in our competitive yet affordable prices, our attractive turnaround times and our overall commitment to 100% customer satisfaction. If you live in the Franklin area and find yourself in need of premier automotive services including brakes, transmission, muffler, and heating and
cooling system services to name a few, look to the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. For more information about our premier services or to learn more about achieving peak tire performance for your vehicle, give a shout out to one of our team today. We look forward to serving you and to ensuring the overall performance and safety of your vehicle season after season, year after year!
We would all agree that our vehicles play a very important part in our day to day lives. With that said, it is important to take steps necessary to ensure the overall health and safety of your car. From tune-ups and oil changes to brake installations and transmission repairs, there are a number of auto services that contribute to the health and safety of your vehicle. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of skilled auto techs would like to take some time to help our many valued clients understand the importance of proper tire pressure.
Keep These Pointers in Mind
Keeping tire pressure right and in line requires a few simple pointers. Let us share some of these pointers here with you now.
- · You should always set the pressure in your tires to that which is specified in your owner’s manual. Different vehicles have different vehicle safety requirements and that includes varied pressure settings.
- · Before you set out on a long trip or a long drive, be sure to always check the pressure in your tires to ensure it is adequate. You certainly don’t want to get a flat tire and find yourself stranded on the highway.
- · Be sure to use a high-quality pressure gauge when checking the pressure levels in your tires. Most vehicles are equipped with a monitoring system that will alert you if your tires are below the required pressure levels or if they are losing air. Our team recommends that you always keep a gauge in your vehicle regardless of whether or not it is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). This ensures that you are always getting a consistent and proper reading. If you have a TPMS system in your vehicle and find that it is malfunctioning, come on down to our trusted facility and let our team of experienced techs fix your faulty monitoring system for you.
- · As most of us know, various temperatures can have an impact on tire pressure. The brisk cold winter weather will more times than not cause the pressure in your tires to drop. The warm summer temperatures will typically cause pressure in your tires to increase. With this in mind, get in the habit of checking the pressure in your tires each time there is a seasonal change. Be on the safe side and ensure proper pressure at the start of each new season.
Overinflation of Tires Explained
When your tires are overinflated, they are very stiff and rigid, reducing the amount of rubber from the tires that actually meet the roadway. Overinflated tires make for a much more difficult and harder ride and can contribute to uneven tire tread wear. The most common type of tread wear in overinflated tires is a center tire wear. This is when the center of your tire is extremely worn out and smooth, but the sides of the tire still have plenty of tread. When your tires are overinflated, they can be easily damaged by various road conditions, including, but not limited to, potholes and surface imperfections.
Understanding Underinflated Tires
When tires are underinflated, they are unable to hold their shape and become flatter and closer to the ground surface. In this case, there is much more of the tire itself that comes in contact with the road. When this occurs, the shoulders of the tires begin to wear out prematurely. This shoulder wear presents with a normal tread down the center of the tire with the shoulders being worn out and extremely smooth. Underinflated tires minimize fuel economy.
Keeping your vehicle properly maintained, scheduling routine service and giving close attention to the health and integrity of your tires can all help to ensure that you are never without the use of your vehicle. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly experienced automotive techs is committed to providing only the highest quality automotive parts and services to all our valued clients.
We understand full well how important it is to have your vehicle on the road every day. With that thought in mind, we want to remind you to always pay attention to your tire pressure and make certain that your tires have healthy treads and are not worn out. For more information on proper pressure levels for your tires, to talk with one of our techs, or to schedule a service appointment give a shout out to one of our staff today.
As vehicle owners, we all must be diligent in our efforts to maintain not only the functionality of our vehicles but the safety as well. When it comes to the overall performance of your car or truck, there is one component that plays a very important role. That one component is proper wheel alignment. Proper alignment of your tires allows the wheels of your car to come in contact with the roadway at the proper angle. This allows the wheels to work alongside one another and not against one another.
MAINTAINING PROPER WHEEL ALIGNMENT
To maintain proper wheel alignment, it is important to have your vehicle routinely serviced by the pros here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. In addition to routine maintenance by our auto mechanics, it is also important for vehicle owners to ensure their vehicles remain properly aligned in between their regularly scheduled automotive appointments. With that said, the team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share with all our valued clients some important maintenance tips that will help to ensure your wheels are properly aligned all the time.
- Ensure proper tire PSI – In addition to taking care of the overall health and quality of your vehicle tires, it is important that you have proper tire PSI as well. This will greatly help to ensure proper alignment for your vehicle. When a tire is under or over inflated, it can contribute to improper wheel alignment. With that said, be sure you routinely check the tire PSI to help ensure your vehicle is properly aligned.
- Keep an eye on the roadways – We all know how important it is to pay attention to the road when we are driving. However, often times when we do not pay close enough attention, we are apt to not see debris or potholes in the road. When this happens and we drive over them, we can cause serious damage to our vehicle’s alignment and cause even more damage if we drive over them at high rates of speed. With that said, it is important to try to avoid these road obstacles. However, if you are unable to avoid them for safety reasons, then slow down your speed and drive over them at the slowest speed possible.
- Minimize the load in your vehicle – Take time to look at what you have stored in your trunk, and before you set out on your next drive, remove some of the heavier items you have in there. When you add weight to your vehicle you can easily interfere with the chassis height and cause the back end of your car to sink downward. This could eventually hurt your wheel alignment. If you have noticed that your vehicle is already sinking in the back end, then remove heavy items and bring the vehicle on down to our trusted automotive facility here at Auto Clinic of Franklin for our quality realignment services.
TRUST THE PROS AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Though the above tips for proper wheel alignment are quite practical and simple, often times they can be overlooked. These tips we have shared will certainly help to ensure that your car or truck does not fall prey to misalignment. Be sure to take steps to ensure the safety of your vehicle and passengers when driving in the winter season and all year round.
The skilled automotive techs here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are steadfast in our commitment to provide our clients with only the best all round automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. With winter right around the corner, why not take time out to schedule your service appointment to ensure that you have proper wheel alignment. Be sure to schedule your routine oil change as well and any other automotive services you may have. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes from our family to yours for a very safe and happy holiday season!
We all understand the importance of proper care and maintenance of our vehicles. Without routine maintenance, our vehicles can present with any number of performance problems as well as a minimized lifespan. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our team of highly skilled and knowledgeable automotive technicians understands full well the importance of proper vehicle maintenance and repairs and that includes tire repairs as well. Our team stands ready to meet your every need.
IMPORTANT INSIGHT ON TIRE REPAIR
There are a number of repairs that can be performed on tires and our team of experts wants to offer you some important insight on tire repairs.
HOLES, PUNTURES AND TEARS
A flat tire is something that can be easily fixed and certainly is not the end of the world for your tires. Using a simple tire repair kit allows you to fix a small puncture and inflate your tire just enough to allow you to get to an auto repair and service shop. The steps to temporarily repair your damaged vehicle tire start with locating the actual hole or tear.
Begin by removing your wheel and performing an inspection of the tire looking for any signs of debris of any kind that could have caused the damage. The majority of tire tears and holes are typically caused by nails or pieces of metal and debris on the roadway. Deflate the rubber so you can remove it from the tire. Next, you want to locate the spot that has the hole so you can place the patch on the inside surface. You will need a patch kit to perform this task. Be sure to clean the surface and buff away any imperfections.
You can then take the tire patch and completely cover the identified hole or tear and create a firm seal with the chemical seal included in your kit. You should use a repair tool or even a tire retread to ensure that the inside of the tire is firmly sealed. If, however, the rip or tear is too big, then the patch in your kit may not properly seal it, but it may seal it enough to allow you to bring it to an automotive shop to confirm the integrity of the tire and its usage. Keep in mind that a patched tire will not last forever, which means you will eventually have to replace your tire or tires.
A patched tire is just a temporary solution for an air leak that allows you to be able to safely drive your vehicle to a nearby auto repair shop. Following this simple temporary fix, you will have to invest in a new tire or even a set of tires. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we provide many of the major brands of tires along with a wide range of tire and wheel repairs and services. The brands of tires we provide include, but are not limited to, Uniroyal, Michelin, Bridgestone, Firestone, BF Goodrich and Good Year. Most of our tires come with warranties.
TRUST THE PROS AT AUTO CLINIC OF FRANKLIN
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our team of skilled auto technicians and specialists are committed to providing top of the line automotive products and services to all our clients. We offer affordable tires, alignment and rotation services, and all types of emergency repairs as well. For more information about our high-quality tire repairs we offer or to schedule any other automotive repair services you may need, be sure to reach out to one of our friendly technicians today. We look forward to serving you and to helping you keep your vehicle on the road all summer long!
When driving if you ever have a small collision, hit the edge of a pothole, hit a curb, or go over speed bumps too quickly you can easily cause the sidewalls of your tires to bulge or bubble. If you ever notice that your tires are not smooth and round, but rather you have a tire with a bubble or bulge, be sure to stop driving immediately. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we want to take some time to explain tread bulging or tire bubbles and their hazards to all our valued clients.
A tire that has a bubble or a section of tread bulging is not safe to drive on. When the fabric of the inner tire bubbles, it can no longer provide the protection your tire needs from bursting. The most common area where bubbles occur is in the sidewall. However, they can also form in specific areas that have worn out thin rubber. Driving on a tire with a bubble is extremely dangerous and the odds of a blow out are very high. When you take note of a bubble, it is important to get the tire replaced quickly. The more moisture and air that seeps into the tire, the larger the bubble will become and the greater the danger is.
WAYS TO PREVENT TIRE BUBBLES
The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin wants to share some simple tips on how to prevent tire bubbles from happening. Prevention is by far the best cure of all. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Steer clear of potholes – Potholes are one of the prime sources for tire bubbles. Whenever possible, avoid hitting potholes by steering away from them safely.
- Engage in careful driving – Make it a point not to drive over speed bumps quickly and to be extremely cautious when driving near to curbs and sidewalks and when parking.
- Proper maintenance – Be sure to inspect your tires regularly and take note of any changes in pressure or in structure. Use a tire pressure gauge for checking proper tire pressure routinely.
Always keep in mind that damage that occurs as a result of a tire with a bubble cannot be repaired. The reason being that when a bubble is present, the structural integrity of the tire has been compromised. With that said, it is simply not safe to drive on the tire any longer since its internal structure has been damaged. Instead, suspend all driving and have the tire replaced immediately.
THE DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS YOU CAN TRUST
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin our highly skilled and experienced team of dedicated auto technicians is steadfast in their commitment to provide all our valued clients the highest quality automotive parts and services this side of Franklin. Our technicians are on hand to answer all your questions and address any automotive concerns you may have.
With our high marketplace presence, our team of experts is committed to maintaining our high reputation and customer satisfaction rating. We strive to deliver services that are simply unmatched by any of our competitors and that includes any and all services for your vehicle tires.
Whether you are in the market for a new set of tires, need your tires rotated or have a tire with a bubble, rest assured we are the team for you. Simply bring your vehicle on down to our trusted facility and let our team of professionals take care of your every need. Summer is here and certainly we all do a whole lot more driving this time of year. With that said, we encourage all our clients to engage in routine inspection of your tires and be sure to have regular oil changes as well. Don’t delay. Come on down to our friendly auto service center today!
When you set out to purchase new tires for your vehicle there are a few important factors to take into consideration. Be sure to check out the tire specifications, as well as the performance ratings, and product warranties offered. Once you have invested in your new tires, you want to take necessary steps to protect your investment and get the absolute most wear and performance out of your tires. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to share some simple tire maintenance tips to keep those tires in tip top shape.
SIMPLE MUST DO’S FOR YOUR NEW TIRES
- Adequate inflation – Be sure to check your tire inflation regularly. Proper inflation benefits the performance of your tires. If tires are not properly inflated they can cause additional wear and strain on the individual tire thereby minimizing the lifespan and having an impact on the overall performance.
- Proper tire rotation – The distribution of weight in your vehicle can vary from time to time and would, therefore, require regular tire rotations to prevent uneven wear on the tires and to promote better performance and a better ride. Typically, as a rule of thumb, you should have your tires rotated at your routine oil change service.
- Tire balance – It is important to keep your tires balanced properly to ensure a smoother ride and minimize any additional wear on the tires. It is good practice to have your tires balanced when you have them rotated at your routine oil change service.
- Practice good driving habits – How and where you drive your vehicle is a very important component that contributes to the performance of your tires. Excessive braking of your vehicle, acceleration, and constant stop and go traffic affect the way your new tires will wear. Be sure to avoid potholes and debris in the road and travel over curbs or speed bumps with caution since each can cause damage to not only the tire but the side walls as well.
- Proper care and maintenance – Be sure to keep your new tires clean and free of debris and keep dry, clean air in the tires at all times. Proper tire maintenance coupled with adequate maintenance of your tire rims, valves and hubcaps contribute to a long lifespan of your investment.
- Give attention to parking – When your vehicle is parked on hot asphalt during the scorching hot summer months heat damage can occur to your tires. When parked on dirt roads or gravel surfaces in extreme cold, tire damage and warping can occur. If your vehicle is parked for weeks or months at a time, your tires can be damaged and can actually break down.
- Weight bearing – If you have to tow a trailer with your vehicle, be sure that the load being hauled is within the weight limits of your new tires and your vehicle. Adhering to the appropriate weight limits will prevent flat tires, damage or blow outs from occurring.
To further ensure the health, safety and lifespan of your new tires, be sure to practice routine, tire maintenance, typically every 3000-5000 miles. Be aware of any indicators of uneven wear on your tires, tread changes or other types of damage. When you perform proper tire maintenance, they will generally last near to 5 years.
For more information about tire maintenance, contact the highly skilled and experienced automotive technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to serving you with only the highest quality automotive products, repairs and services this side of Franklin. From our team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin to all our valued clients, we send along wishes for a safe, prosperous and Happy New Year!!
When your car dashboard lights all of a sudden come on, surely you are like nearly every other person, you panic wondering what has gone wrong. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we thought we would provide you with three of the most common automotive problems that occur and the ideal solution for each. Read More
We all experience a wide range of climate changes with weather conditions in the summer months being warm and temperatures in the winter months being much colder. Here in the south our summers are typically very hot and the humidity levels high, whereas in the northwest the summers are warm with very cool and comfortable morning and evening temperatures. In the northern portion of the country the winters are extremely cold with mountains of snow, ice and below zero temperatures, while here in Tennessee and the south altogether the winters are quite mild. Regardless of where you live, however, the outdoor temperatures impact tires, whether winter, spring, summer or fall. Read More
The force and friction experienced by your tires cause each tire on your vehicle to wear differently than the next. Depending upon the type of vehicle you drive, whether its front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, 4wd, or even all-wheel drive, cornering and rolling forces will vary. Because of the varied levels of wear on your tires and to solve the problem of uneven wear, a tire rotation is necessary.
A tire rotation requires the wheels and tires of your vehicle to be removed from your car and then replaced in different positions on the vehicle. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin when rotating your tires, we take time to rebalance both wheels and tires since they have had to be removed from your vehicle anyways. When we perform a tire rotation coupled with a rebalancing we then even out the patterns of wear on each individual tire, which ultimately gives them longer functionality and a greater lifespan.
Tire Rotation Schedule
As a rule of thumb, you should have your tires rotated at every 5000-6000 miles. Since tires can be quite costly, failure to rotate the tires routinely can cause them to wear out and even ruin them well before their actual useful, functional life would typically expire. If you fail to rotate your tires, you will see tread damage appear in a consistent wear pattern for a constant wheel position. The wear may appear on both the inside and outside edge of the tire, on the sidewalls, or even in the form of a lumpy tread. Once the deep wear pattern occurs, you cannot repair it or perform a tire rotation at that time expecting to resolve the problem.
When tires are not rotated, they can become uneven and worn out which is quite dangerous. Worn out tires can cause your vehicle to pull to one side or even wander and can significantly reduce the cornering ability of your vehicle especially when attempting to go around a curve. The only solution to this problem caused by failure to perform routine tire rotations is the replacement of the tires and that can surely be quite expensive in contrast to a scheduled rotation of your tires and a balancing which can somewhat inexpensive.
Trust Our Professionals
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are all about the happiness, satisfaction and safety of our clients. With that said, our highly skilled and trained automotive techs take tremendous pride in all of our top of the line, affordable automotive repairs and services, and that includes tire rotations and balancing of tires for all types of vehicles. We know full well the importance of shifting positions of your tires and the impact not doing so can have on your tires’ performance and the safety of your vehicle and its passengers.
We provide the highest quality automotive products, services and repairs this side of Franklin and are steadfast in our commitment to ensure the overall satisfaction and safety of our valued clients. Whether a routine oil change, tire rotation and balancing, a cooling system checkup, replacement of hoses or brake service and installations, our team of professionals are on hand and equipped to handle it all.
There is no repair or service need too big or too small for the highly skilled technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Our automotive shop provides not only state of the art products and effective solutions to your automotive repair issues, but we provide them at prices that are competitive and affordable and in timelines that meet with the individual needs of all our valued clients.
For all your automotive repairs and services look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!