The force and friction experienced by your tires cause each tire on your vehicle to wear differently than the next. Depending upon the type of vehicle you drive, whether its front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, 4wd, or even all-wheel drive, cornering and rolling forces will vary. Because of the varied levels of wear on your tires and to solve the problem of uneven wear, a tire rotation is necessary.
A tire rotation requires the wheels and tires of your vehicle to be removed from your car and then replaced in different positions on the vehicle. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin when rotating your tires, we take time to rebalance both wheels and tires since they have had to be removed from your vehicle anyways. When we perform a tire rotation coupled with a rebalancing we then even out the patterns of wear on each individual tire, which ultimately gives them longer functionality and a greater lifespan.
Tire Rotation Schedule
As a rule of thumb, you should have your tires rotated at every 5000-6000 miles. Since tires can be quite costly, failure to rotate the tires routinely can cause them to wear out and even ruin them well before their actual useful, functional life would typically expire. If you fail to rotate your tires, you will see tread damage appear in a consistent wear pattern for a constant wheel position. The wear may appear on both the inside and outside edge of the tire, on the sidewalls, or even in the form of a lumpy tread. Once the deep wear pattern occurs, you cannot repair it or perform a tire rotation at that time expecting to resolve the problem.
When tires are not rotated, they can become uneven and worn out which is quite dangerous. Worn out tires can cause your vehicle to pull to one side or even wander and can significantly reduce the cornering ability of your vehicle especially when attempting to go around a curve. The only solution to this problem caused by failure to perform routine tire rotations is the replacement of the tires and that can surely be quite expensive in contrast to a scheduled rotation of your tires and a balancing which can somewhat inexpensive.
Trust Our Professionals
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are all about the happiness, satisfaction and safety of our clients. With that said, our highly skilled and trained automotive techs take tremendous pride in all of our top of the line, affordable automotive repairs and services, and that includes tire rotations and balancing of tires for all types of vehicles. We know full well the importance of shifting positions of your tires and the impact not doing so can have on your tires’ performance and the safety of your vehicle and its passengers.
We provide the highest quality automotive products, services and repairs this side of Franklin and are steadfast in our commitment to ensure the overall satisfaction and safety of our valued clients. Whether a routine oil change, tire rotation and balancing, a cooling system checkup, replacement of hoses or brake service and installations, our team of professionals are on hand and equipped to handle it all.
There is no repair or service need too big or too small for the highly skilled technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. Our automotive shop provides not only state of the art products and effective solutions to your automotive repair issues, but we provide them at prices that are competitive and affordable and in timelines that meet with the individual needs of all our valued clients.
For all your automotive repairs and services look to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin. You’ll be more than glad you did!
Now that you have invested in a new set of state of the art tires that offer you the highest performance ratings and warranties, it’s time to take steps to protect your investment. If you want to enjoy your tires, keep them in high performance shape and get the most out of them, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin have some useful tips on how to properly maintain tires.
Important Tips to Maintain Tires
- Ensure proper inflation – You should routinely check the inflation of your tires before you begin driving. Investing in a small pressure gauge can help you to accomplish this. If your tires are not properly inflated additional strain and wear on your tires will occur which ultimately affects their performance and their lifespan.
- Proper alignment – Proper alignment of tires contributes to the health and performance of your vehicles driveline components. When tires are properly aligned, they will wear evenly and performance will be heightened. In addition, alignments help to maximize the design of your tire treads.
- Proper rotation of tires – Since the weight distribution on any vehicle can vary, it is important to have your tires rotated when you have your typical oil change performed. This will prevent any uneven wear on the tires and will provide a much smoother ride.
- Ensure tires are properly balanced – When tires are properly balanced you get a much smoother ride and wear on the tires is minimized. This task can be performed routinely whenever you have your tires rotated.
- Proper maintenance and care – Be sure to keep your tires clean and free of all types of debris and keep proper air levels in the tires at all times. Be sure to also maintain and care for the hubcaps, rims and tire valves on your tires as well. You should be sure to keep the valve caps on at all times and be sure that they are not broken or cracked since this can lead to leaks in the tires.
- Pay attention to parking – During the summer months avoid parking your vehicle on the hot asphalt for extended periods of time since this can actually cause heat damage to the tires. In addition, in the colder months parking your vehicle on dirt roads and gravel can cause damage to the tires and even warping.
- Adding weight to the vehicle – When you add weight to your vehicle this causes extra strain on your tires. With that said be sure anything that you are hauling behind your vehicle, whether a trailer or anything else, falls within the weight limits of your newly purchased tires so as to prevent any flats, blow outs or any other type of damage to your tires.
Be sure you keep up with your vehicle’s oil changes and routine maintenance since this will help to maintain tires, add to their performance and extend their life expectancy as well. It is typically a good idea to have scheduled maintenance checkups to your vehicle every 3000 to 5000 miles driven. When driving, always be on the lookout for any damage to your tires, tread changes or other signs of uneven wear that can occur. If you maintain your new investment properly, your tires can last as much as 5+ years.
To learn more about how to maintain tires and their proper care, or to schedule your routine maintenance or any other type of automotive repairs, reach out to the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin today. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the highest quality automotive products, services and repairs this side of Franklin.
With winter in full swing here in Middle Tennessee and spring surely on the way, it’s almost that time of the year for fun and adventure on the road to commence! If a spring excursion is on your list of things to do this year, it’s important to take into consideration the vehicle’s needs before you leave. After the cold has passed, we’re all itching to get outdoors, out of the house, and some of us, on the road. As part of your planning, we’ve put together a complete checklist from your trusted Franklin auto repair specialists at Auto Clinic of Franklin. We hope this helps you leave worrying about the condition of your vehicle to the experts at Auto Clinic of Franklin so you can enjoy your adventure without fail. Read More
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, it is certainly safe to say that we know a good deal about cars and tires alike. With that said, often times our clients will inquire as to whether or not it is necessary to invest in winter tires. When the temperatures outside begin to drop and winter makes its presence known, there are many benefits of having winter tires. Read More
Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin, our highly skilled and trained team of certified master mechanics are committed and dedicated to providing all our valued clients with the best all round car repair and services this side of Tennessee. From oil changes, repairs, battery replacements and tire rotations to name a few, our team is on hand to take care of your every automotive need.
Our experienced automotive repair techs are trained and equipped to handle any car problems you are experiencing. With that said, our tire rotation services give focus to changing the positioning of your vehicle’s tires so as to minimize massive tread differentiation between them. Tires will always exhibit different levels of tread wear because each and every tire experiences a different level of stress during use. For this reason, it is important that car owners have their tires rotated in order to address the uneven tread wear that occurs.
By alternating your tires according to specific tire rotation patterns, you help distribute the tread wear more precisely and evenly and contribute to reduced uneven tread wear over time. Tire rotation patterns will, however, vary depending upon the type of vehicle you are driving and the make and type of tires that are installed on the vehicle. The experts here at Auto Clinic of Franklin may, during your tire rotation appointment, swap your front tires with one another, exchange the rear tires with one another, or even swap the front and rear tires with each other. Further, we give note to whether or not you have a full sized spare tire in your vehicle and will take into consideration appropriate tire rotation for your spare as well.
YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY UPON OUR FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL TEAM
As we have already mentioned, it is important to rotate your tires to avoid uneven tread wear which typically occurs because the majority of vehicles do not distribute weight evenly amongst the front and rear tires. More often than not, the front tires of a vehicle tend to wear and deteriorate much quicker than the rear tires simply because of their location and because of the heavy weight of your car’s engine. When you rotate your tires, you distribute the wear evenly, and will not have to replace or buy new tires quite as often. Tire rotation will not only extend the lifespan of your tires but our professional services, when performed routinely, can also help to improve the gas mileage of your car.
You may ask why? The answer is simple. Well maintained tires easily reduce rolling resistance which is what directly affects the overall performance of your vehicle as well as its gas mileage. With our top-rated tire rotation services, you can be sure we will help to prevent extensive tread differentiation between your tires, will promote much better car performance, and will also contribute to better gas mileage, which over time, saves you money.
Summer has come to an end and fall is now upon us which means that winter driving is right around the corner. In the fall, the falling leaves can present some driving hazards which is why we highly recommend you have your tires rotated now and perhaps again in two months before the winter driving season is here. If you have any questions about appropriate timelines for your car’s tire rotation or any other automotive services or repairs then surely you have come to the right place. The certified technicians here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are just the team for you and stand ready to take care of your every automotive repair or service needs. Don’t delay. It’s time to get those tires rotated so schedule your appointment today!!
Now that you have made an investment in a quality set of tires, it’s important to take every step to protect your investment. Surely you want to get the most out of your new tires and enjoy them for several years ahead. The team here at Auto Clinic of Franklin has the following tips to offer in order to extend both the life expectancy and performance of your tires and keep them in the best shape possible for the longest period of time.
After checking out all the specifications, looking into performance ratings, and warranties and finally choosing your new tires, ensuring that they remain in the best of shape for the longest time is your must do next step. Here are some practical and very important tips to accomplish just that:
- Proper inflation – Be sure to check your tire inflation regularly. You should do this when the tires are cool and use a tire pressure gauge for your best results. Tires that are inflated inappropriately will cause a good deal of strain and wear on your new tires which results in a shortened lifespan and poor performance.
- Proper tire rotation – Be sure to rotate your new tires whenever you have an oil change in order to prevent uneven wear on the tires and also promote a smoother, better ride.
- Proper tire balance – When your tires are balanced, your ride is much smoother and the wear on the new tires is minimized. Be sure to have them balanced at the same time you schedule your tire rotation.
- Proper tire alignment – Proper tire alignment maximizes your tire treads, enhances their performance and helps your tires wear evenly, all of which are essential to your drive.
- Proper care of your tires – Just as you would clean the rest of your vehicle, it is important to keep your tires clean and keep them free of debris. You should also give focus to your tire rims, valves and hubcaps as well. Also ensure that your valve caps are on and have no cracks that can ultimately result in leaks.
- Vehicle parking – Most people do not realize that when your car is parked on hot asphalt during the hot months this can cause heat damage to your tires. On the flip side of that, in extreme cold, parking on dirt or gravel roads can cause warping and damage to your tires as well. Finally, if you do not drive your care for a long period of time, this immobility and long-term parking can break down tires and even destroy them.
- Weightbearing – Whenever you change the weight in your vehicle you cause extra strain on your tires. Be certain that anything you are towing or are putting into your truck or the rear of your vehicle is within the weight limits of your tires and your vehicle. Staying within those weight limits will prevent any flats, tire blow outs or other damage.
- Pay attention to your own driving habits – If you typically perform excessive braking, acceleration or frequent stop and go traffic, these will all affect the wear of your tires. Also, when driving pay close attention to speed bumps, curbs, road debris and pot holes since each can damage your tires and your sidewalls.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance – Be sure to keep up with your seasonal maintenance and regularly scheduled maintenance in order to enhance the health and performance of your tires.
Everybody tries to put off, as long as possible, purchasing new tires. However, when you do finally make that investment you want to be certain to properly maintain them and enjoy your tires for several years. Whether winter, spring, summer or fall it is always important to take proper care of your tires to ensure not only extended performance but the safety of yourself and all your passengers. Take time out today to schedule your routine vehicle maintenance with the professionals here at Auto Clinic of Franklin and make certain to include your seasonal check of your tires as well. We look forward to serving you and to providing you with the best all round automotive services this side of Franklin.
In a world that offers so many exciting and innovative devices to own, often times we forget about the simple but important investments we should typically make. Investing in new tires for your vehicle is certainly one of these often forgotten about necessities in life. Though new tires are not as appealing or exciting as a new inground pool, a diamond ring, or a top of the line laptop computer, the benefits and value of your new tires offer so much more. Read More
Winter is here and everyone of us dons our winter coats, turns on the heat, starts up the fireplace or lights the wood burning stove in preparation of the winter woes ahead. But all too often we forget to prepare our vehicles for the winter weather. There are a few important things we should do to get our vehicles ready for the winter season and surely one of them is to install snow tires. Snow tires help ensure our safety and well-being when driving the roads and highways covered with snow, ice and other winter elements. The folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin want to help all our valued clients understand the when and the why of installing snow tires. With that said, here are some important facts to know. Read More
When something goes wrong with your vehicle, you typically turn to an experienced professional to help manage the problems. No matter what your vehicle issues may be, the folks here at Auto Clinic of Franklin are the team for you. Our Franklin automotive professionals are among the best in the region and in the industry. Dedicated to providing superior products and services, our pros stand ready to serve you with all your automotive needs. Read More
Proper care and maintenance is vital to the performance and life expectancy of any vehicle. Here at Auto Clinic of Franklin we are committed and dedicated to providing top of the line Franklin Auto Maintenance services for all our valued clients. We take tremendous pride in our quality products and services and in helping our clients to properly maintain their vehicles.
Without proper routine maintenance of your vehicle, over time you will find yourself spending a great deal of money on costly vehicle repairs. Setting aside money regularly will ensure that you have the funding when the need arises to have maintenance or repairs performed on your vehicle. Further, we advise all our clients to get in the habit of scheduling routine maintenance appointments as well. Read More